Your choice of Hosiery

Bria

Whats your favorite brand/style of hosiery and why? Im thinking of buying some Peavey hosiery on ebay casue thats what the Hooters girls wear. Oroblu is one of my faves so far but im open to new silky shimery hose to go with my 70+ pairs of heels and boots

Brianne_cd:-) I usually wear "Silkies" brand of panty-hose and more recently I have gone back to the brand of panty-hose that I used for a lot of years in the past. I've been using the L'eggs Sheer Energy active Support panty-hose in the nude color with sheer toe. I don't particularly care for the darker reinforced toe band. The reason I use the nude color is because it blends in very well with my skin color and since I wear them all day every day just in case that a part of my leg would be accidentally exposed for some reason, the color would match my skin color. When I'm crossdressing I then prefer to use the Suntan color as it gives my legs a much better coloring to go with my skirts, dresses, and my heeled boots and pumps. This brand provides full support for legs on the go, all day long. The panty has 83% nylon and 17% spandex. The leg has 70% nylon and 30% spandex. I need all of the spandex that I can get to massage me from the waist down the legs and back up with every movement. This really helps my joints all day long and without them, I couldn't be nearly as active as I am with them. The manufacturers statement of "Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs" is very accurate and I'm happy and my joints are happy also. And they certainly don't look like support panty-hose but they are. A constant very satisfying feeling. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I second the vote for Sheer Energy Active Support! I wear them all winter long - either suntan, coffee, or black. A good place to buy them is at a LHBP outlet store - they come in a 4 pack for around $11US and if you get one of their "Frequent Buyer Club" cards, you get a stamp for every $10 you spend, and after you get 15 stamps you get 20% off your next purchase. They also send you email coupons regularly so there's several opportunities to save money. Take care all, Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

• 7 years later...

Brianne_cd:-)

I usually wear "Silkies" brand of panty-hose and more recently I have gone back to the brand of panty-hose that I used for a lot of years in the past. I've been using the L'eggs Sheer Energy active Support panty-hose in the nude color with sheer toe. I don't particularly care for the darker reinforced toe band. The reason I use the nude color is because it blends in very well with my skin color and since I wear them all day every day just in case that a part of my leg would be accidentally exposed for some reason, the color would match my skin color. When I'm crossdressing I then prefer to use the Suntan color as it gives my legs a much better coloring to go with my skirts, dresses, and my heeled boots and pumps. This brand provides full support for legs on the go, all day long. The panty has 83% nylon and 17% spandex. The leg has 70% nylon and 30% spandex. I need all of the spandex that I can get to massage me from the waist down the legs and back up with every movement. This really helps my joints all day long and without them, I couldn't be nearly as active as I am with them. The manufacturers statement of "Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs" is very accurate and I'm happy and my joints are happy also. And they certainly don't look like support panty-hose but they are. A constant very satisfying feeling. Cheers---

Dawn HH

I find that SPANX Hose are very comfortable and come in sizes and colors for men. Their suport hose works beautiful as I like you have leg, knee problems for someone at my young age. They work GREAT!

I can say that I've tried different brands and styles through the years...Hanes, Leggs, Givenchy, Hue, Wolford...I even have a couple of Falkes I have yet to try (these I've been waiting to try on with a nice pair of heels). Though my favorites to date are the Donna Karan Essentials Tanga (the Signature line replaced these, though nice, doesn't match up to the Essentials), either in walnut or onyx; Nordstrom brand tanga in nude; Commando black sheers. The sheerness feeling of these are so skin tingling, it gets me excited when wearing them. Of lately also, Hue opaques, though I've noticed with me when I wear opaques under my pants, my legs feel colder versus, say, wearing sheers. Might have to conduct an experiment to verify...

Hi all, Levante Velatissima - 10denier firm fitting hold-up stockings. Great durability and extremely sheer. Reliable hold-up, welt is lace but very subtle. Good range of neutrals and browns to suit you skin colouration. Levante Backseam tights - Pantyhose.. full sheer leg right up with back-seam right up so they are good with really really short skirts....Not that good - these get little imperfections in the stocking such as a small horizontal line and other imperfections as you wear them. Most of my sheer-er stocking s don't every do this. Charnos - 7 denier - extremely light weight sheer stocking (A pretty lace top on it). The hold-up is non-rubberised so great for people with reactions to the usual grips in stockings. Very light weight on and good length. Only half as durable as the Levantes. The standard stocking is great because it too has long leg length and a Lace Top to suspend from so its pretty and practical. Voodoo Killer Legs - Sheer Hold-ups - 10 denier hold up with shallow lace welt. Durable, some inconsistencies in quality. I have returned quite a few pairs. I have found that wearing them I can see some shade/ tone variations on my legs, the leg is not a perfect tone, and I think this stands out with these sheers (only noticeable with barely black - and I have very pale legs) Otherwise great for the price. Leona Edminston - Pins - Patterned stockings, mainly nets or polka dots etc, high waist, sheer full leg, so also gives the options of higher hem-lines. Quite warm in my mind, so I avoid these in summer. Gerbe Carnation - has to be suspended only. Extremely sheer, non stretch but has the sexiest fully fashioned cuban heel and back seams. When wearing heels I can feel the seam on the sole of my foot from under my toes up the hill under my arch and under and around the heel of my foot before it continues up the back of my leg. I feel really special in these, and they are durable, they stretch as you wear them. I find their firmness means I do need to check my back suspenders as they loosen during the day.. Waxed legs essential with these. Gio Fully Fashioned - Contrast Seams and long leg length. Must be suspended, not too demanding on your suspender belt as they are more stretchy than the Gerbes. Due to the sheerness waxed legs essential, and hint of roughness catches them and they wrinkle. La Perla - 15 deniers - they don't do super sheer stockings, I only have their stockings and they have beautiful welts but they are quite warm on... Not good in my mind for anytime but winter. Only good if you're showing your legs from the knees down.... allowing for a vent in a skirt then you'll be showing these welts they are so deep... pretty but they should be out of sight. Transparenze - 10 denier sheer hold ups. Fantastic multi-tone lace welts, sitting high on your thigh, they have great length, deepish welts, something you're not afraid to show a little of if a hem creeps up. They would be my sexiest hold-ups. Cheers Heel-Lover

Anything in the Activskin line, especially the sheer pantyhose and the tights with a fly opening, but also the stockings and knee highs. Everything is made to fit men. www.activskin.com Great company! I know the owners personally! LOL

Steve

I've always been partial to L'eggs which I've worn for years. Their pantyhose and tights fit me well and look great on me.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Anything in the Activskin line, especially the sheer pantyhose and the tights with a fly opening, but also the stockings and knee highs. Everything is made to fit men. www.activskin.com Great company! I know the owners personally! LOL

Steve

I still have a couple of pairs of these that I purchased when they were marketed as "Comfilon". This definitely says something about their durability.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've always been partial to L'eggs which I've worn for years. Their pantyhose and tights fit me well and look great on me.

I agree. I've also had very good luck with Hanes. Neither are real fancy or pricy. And they fit me fine, are pretty, and are relatively durable.

I agree. I've also had very good luck with Hanes. Neither are real fancy or pricy. And they fit me fine, are pretty, and are relatively durable.

I've also worn Hanes, and yes, that's a good brand. While on the subject, a Wofford store opened at the King of Prussia Mall a few weeks back, given how expensive their hosiery is, I don't think I'll be visiting that place anytime soon.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 months later...

Aristoc, Charnos, Gio, Falke, Jonathan Aston, Cette, Pretty Polly.....and of course Wolford. I wear them all at one time or another.

Add to the above list, Cecilia de Rafael, Gerbe, Givenchy, La Perla, Levante, Natori and my favorite Trasparenze. And I agree that Wolford is probably the best hosiery brand money can buy. Usually they are not discounted much in department stores but when they do I stock up and whenever I visit their outlet store I buy a dozen.

I used to buy Hanes at either Kohl's then switched to Sears but now buy "Burlington Coat Factory's" store brand (Burlington) which is less than half the price at the two above stores. I usually buy knee highs for daily wear but also buy thigh highs for shopping trips or if I know I'll be dress/skirt shopping. Do any of you wear tights?? HappyinHeels

As of lately my favorites are the brand Platino "luxe fata". They are opaque and very shiny and soft. And they last a long time. Only minus is the price. 32 euro's, but the past year I have hardly worn anything else and still did not have to throw any. They have a seam in the back, and in two we (on my wife they look even better) had to make an easy repair. Apart from that I like Woolford and Oroblu, but since we have the Platino's wearing the others is probably down to 25%. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I wear hosery most of the time except when at work . I wear work boots and heavy socks . When I go out with heels I wear pantyhose, thigh-hi's and knee-hi's and trouser socks with boots and with my male shoes and dress boots too. Recently I bought some suspender pantyhose to wear. They are much easier to deal with when going to the restroom. I had bought suspender pantyhose from Fredricks of Hollywood Store a couple years ago, but their price now is about $16.00 per pair since they have added a lacey top to them. I found an online site that had them for $5.00 per pair. I bought the last 6 pair that they had. Their quality was ok but not as good as those from Fredricks. I get about 3 or 4 wearings out of a pair of the cheaper ones. The Fredricks ones seem to last forever. Happy heeling, bluejay