What's your favourite style and why?

Firefox

favourite..... hmm black bertie 4" laceups cos soulmate gave me them probly, 3" black wedge laceups cos i wear them to work, 4 1/2" black aldo with wood effect wedges and studs for goin out, well they all have their turn, wil get some green 4" boots from ravel tomoro.......

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer boots with a platform of some kind. I like the look of stilettos with the thin soles, but find them uncomfortable to wear. I think I look better with something a bit chunkier. My collection varies from 2 inches to 5 inches. Most are ankle or calf high boots, with a few oxfords or loafer shoes thrown into the mix. Pretty much all are black, with a few brown pairs. I wear them with flare leg or bootcut jeans, rocker or goth style belt, t-neck shirts of various colors, and dress it up with a blazer or down with a leather jacket. In the summer it's a rocker polo or t-shirt. Plenty of skulls and flames graphics will convince many that you work in a rock band. That's somewhat true, because I still jam regularly with friends.

Well, I've always been a mad devotee of pumps:

Posted Image

Perhaps the ultimate example of what's truly a woman's shoe, I've been wearing them openly in public for years, and doing so without so much as a bit of fear. Ever since I nervously experimented with a pair of my late mom's pumps when I was 13, I've been hooked on them. While I also like boots, pumps are what makes my heart race.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

For me, it's usually as long as they are knee high boots or better, it doesn't matter...

But I have grown to love the style of these bakers I have now, so I would have to say stilleto heel, partial round toe....

Posted Image

Mine changes as fashion changes. I guess I am shallow :-)

Currently I am crazy about these pumps that I bought at Ninewest (Lucero)

I have them in patent. I never bought much patent before but when the sales lady brought them out for me it was love at first sight.

Posted Image

I like various styles of high heels. I am, however, not so fond of extreme heels without platforms, genre 6" and 7". I even like goth styles of heels (Demonia,...), some more than others, again not the extreme ones. My favourite heel height must be 4" but anything from flat (rather bit more than) to 5" goes for me. I like more discrete heels to very feminin/girly heels. 'Butch-styles' don't work for me. I like a high heeled shoes to be elegant or chunky but in any case to be simple, basic, chic or detailed. My favourites are sandals, preferably not to strappy, in wedge style or with a stiletto or cone (I like the sleekness) heel. Pumps of course, no lower than 3" and no higher than 5", in leather (patent or not) or suede or textile and in various colours, preferably classic black, white, dark blue or exotic babypink. I haven't got any boots yet but I do like them but no more than sandals or pumps. In boots I like more feminine styles and nothing higher than knee height. I like boots in a textile style, with a subtile print or suede ones with or without a platform. Leather is ok if the style is sleek and sexy. I like platforms a bit more than no platform, it however, usually entirely depends on the style of shoe. I like to wear platform sandals with bare feet or very slim ankle socks. I like the elevated feeling of the platform conbined with graceful feeling of a high heel and the idea that the base of my foot is away from the floor. I have a somewhat more feminine taste to some people' standards, eventhough I'm quite a masculine type, then again I don't go out in heels. I could never bring myself to do just that. I just haven't got the nerve and I don't think I ever will have. No one else among my family or friends knows about my interest in heels and I intend to keep it that way. I guess I'm very nuanced and particular about my interests.

I prefer the 3"-5" heels, altho not bothered about platforms. I have told a couple of girl friends about my heels and that is now my new rule that they must accept the heel me. Haven't been out yet, other than under cover of darkness, but as you will see from other posts I'm hoping to get out in heels soon. If going out in this little town i stick to 2" school shoes or platform trainers.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)