What's your favourite style and why?

Firefox

He, these look great and totally acceptable under adequate pants, I can't your folks back home having problems with you wearing them. Good choice for starters. Show the world you have guts and enjoy yourself. Just watch your sister, you might like to to borrow them too often.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I've always liked the stilletto style.

My personal favourites are these thigh high boots with 4" heel.

Posted Image

What do you think of them?

I've been wearing them outdoors, but so far only when it was dark and I had pants over them. Still, the heels were showing but not the full height.

<font size=1> Posted Image

Click For Freestyle Fashions </font></FONT>

Keep walking

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thighhighs on 2002-05-03 13:24 ]</font>

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Same for me anagram, the closed toe offers less (unwanted) exposure and keeps the dirt out while the slingback strap allows air under the foot and easy putting on and off. Besides all that I think they look and feel great while being a timeless design. It's just hard lately finding them with with rounded toe, good thing I got a few left from previous years.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Terayon, sorry for using this medium but I can't find your e-mail. When I looked at what you like (platform wedge boot) I think you could find those (well low booties anyway) on the heelsonline website (see shops on top of the page), look at the 7-inch heels, there are 2 pages and you will see they sell at a big discount those sandals, slippers and booties up to size 12 on a high stable wedgesole. Hope this will help you (Laurie always buys there so it's in Canada).

My favorite style is to wear my ankle boots 4" high heels with a black pence and I also wear nailpolish on my fingernails, mostly dark metallic colors. I already wore nailpolish at work (I'm a shoessalesman) and most people like it. I just hope that they accept my high heel style :smile:

Yes it does sell high heeles, but the ones I really like are very rare to find. Every month brings a new collection of shoes. I've bought my first pair of heels at work and they didn't ask why I bought such shoes as heels. Besides, they were very cheap anyway :smile:

I think it would be a good idea for a male shoeseller to wear heels if he wants. Anyway, if he advises a woman that such and auch a style is comfortable, they'll know he speaks from expereience :smile: (BTW, I don't know what you mean by a "black pence" Geoffrey. Is that black pants=trousers? )

I agree with Firefox. Having male salespeople wear HH shoes is a great start. In some of the more fancy shoe stores I have seen men wear what is definitely footwear from the women's side of the store, but never really highheels

• 5 years later...

I love pumps, but with a tighten wide strap over the instep, or an oxford style with strong attachment to my foot, or a boot with the same idea, because this strong attachemnt to my foot allows me to wear higher heels yet, without crushing my toes by the biggest slanting force of my weight.

I like almost anything in a black boot. I find I can't really pull off the look of pumps, sandles, mary janes, or any shoe type of heel. I have nothing against guys wearing them, I've seen alot of guys on here who make them work and look awesome, I just feel they aren't me. Black boots just seem to retain an essance of masculenity to me, even stilettos. But it's just my opinion.

Cow"girl" styles, cowboy or cuban heeled boots.

I'm only taking back what the ladies stole us anyway 8)

Agreed for a 100% on the Western style because IMHO it's about the only style that's masculine enough to incorporate in an average male wardrobe.

I just wish I could fit in those supersexy black leather New Rock Bulls of yours.

The reason why young girls and women laugh about guys in ANY type of Western boot is cause they think we're trying to imitate them. They're simply too young to remember it's the other way round.

My favorite style are Boots. I really don't know exactly why. I only can say that I think they're hot, beautiful, sexy, feel great on the feet and legs, have spectacular and infinite design possibilities, hide ugly feet, hide non shaved legs, have something "misterious", woman look wonderful in them (as man can), etc, etc... I can spend a hole day talking good things about my passion for boots. Other styles are great too, of course.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

My favourites for indoor wear are leather knee boots with 4"-5" stiletto heels and pointy toes, and I have a few pairs. For wearing out I prefer the New Rock Malicia range with heels like the one in my avatar. Being a bit gothy they look pretty good and the heel is more aggressive than masculine. Plus they have the benefit of *feeling* like a stiletto. I've also just ordered a pair of New Rock cowgirl boots like the ones Highboots has, which I'm really looking forward to as I'll be able to wear those pretty much anywhere. Chris

I guess I lean toward the so-called Goth look in heeled footwear. For me, almost anything with a well proportioned platform and chunky heel does the trick, although I do have somewhat eclectic tastes and appreciate everything from stilettos to ballerina flats. Right now I'm really into super chunky platform flip-flops and wedges (what I'm wearing right now, as a matter of fact), especially if they're high and on the semi-strappy side. I love boots of all kinds too, but then again, who doesn't? My favorite boots have a thick chunky heel, ideally about 5 to 6 inches high, at the very back, and about a 1.5 to 2 inch platform. Victorian boots, too, in a nice brown or black matte or pu finish (no patent) with about a three inch heel. Now that's hot!

personally I have stuck to the chunky heel styles but thats because the state in which I live in is highly conservative. (they don't call it the bible belt for nothing) However if I could wear whatever I wanted without fear of my aunt and uncle (with whom I live with) killing me at the mere sight of me in heels, I would prefer knee high or thigh high (tight fitted if thigh high) stilettos (although my frame may not match them) with say a 4-5 inch heel. and also by the way i can't seem to figure out what stone weight is. I am in the process of possibly moving to London and have heard this referenced by some of the people i have spoken to in the UK several times. What is it?

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

I love pumps of all kinds, but especially mary janes with the strap over the instep!

The more I hear about mary janes, the more I fall in love with them!

Anyway, I perfer wedges over anything, and if no wedges, platforms would have to come next. I especially like the ankle wrap ones, but I look forward to shaving the legs if I want to go out in them anytime soon :-) No experience with stilettos yet, nor pumps for that matter. And as for the height (if it can be included), I would probably stick with 4" for now anyhow, only because that's the highest my shoe wardrobe (well, my mom's that is) has.

Formally "HHDude"

and also by the way i can't seem to figure out what stone weight is. I am in the process of possibly moving to London and have heard this referenced by some of the people i have spoken to in the UK several times. What is it?

Hi

A stone equals fourteen pounds, it seems to be a UK specific unit. I've never been to London, but from what I've heard it's a great place to wear heels.

Chris

Strappy sandals for me, too. Something about how they are worn and how they show off the toes looks very flattering, especially if they are worn with bare feet. Always nice seeing women wearing them in the warmer months.

I like either western or riding style boots with block heels up to about 3-1/2 inches for wearing outside. I find the underslung western heels are easy to walk in, especially when the heel height is over 3 inches. I have some 4 and 5 inch stiletto heeled boots that I wear only inside because of the comfort factor.