What's your favourite style and why?

Firefox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are ankle boots with anywhere from 3 to 4 1/2 inch heels. My favourite heel is about 3 3/4 which provides a good balance between wearability and style. I generally wear block heels or blade type heels as I don't think stilettos suit me. The shoes I wear indoors are pretty much the same as those I wear out, but I do have some thinner type heels for parties, speacial occasions, and just as part of my collection. I prefer black laether, but I do have some other materials and colours.

Mine tastes are much the same as Firefox's.

Block or blade heels, 3" to 4". I, too, have some stilettos, but I don't they really suit me.

Mostly, I wear ankle boots, but, like Firefox, I do have some more extravagant footwear available.

Posted Image Qapla'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Francis on 2002-01-08 12:34 ]</font>

I wear all kind of styles in public: shoes, sandals and boots according to the weather. The ideal height for my calves and tendons is about 4 inches.

The style I like most is wedges, because they are very stable, not noisy and do not attract attention.

I also am very fond of platforms if the soles are curved adequately, they are stable, not noisy, isolate the feet from the cold or heat of the pavements and best of all, due to the inherant rigidity I never have any pain on the ball of my feet even after walking for a whole day whatever true instep height.

I like stiletto heels when I have to walk on sloping surfaces because they cause less stress on the ankles. I also like to play with the inherent lateral instability when standing.

I like block heels under loafers and boots because of their stability and discrete looks.

I don't like blade heels because although their look maybe nice, they don't combine the advantages of the heel types mentioned before.

On any of those heels I prefer to have underslung, both for the looks and for ease of walking.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-01-09 01:25 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

Boots and ankle boots. Under slung heels are by far the best for walking, tips should be no bigger than a US quarter (apx1"sq), larger tips can throw you. Hight 3.5" to 4.5" at the back(never been able to find 5"ers). I think the pointed toe calf length boots, with what some call spike heels, are about as close to the old 1870 saddle dandies as you can get. The sodbuster plowboy boots the western stores sell today are an abortion.

Yes I'd agree the underslung heels are better. In many of the modern street styles there has been a tendency in recent years to put the heel very near the back and then have it flared out which is definitely not good for a smooth walking style. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-01-20 03:00 ]</font>

hi again i wear chunky 4" rubber heeled boots everywhere mostly to work, and at home i like to wear 4.25" heels that are not quite blade heels but not block chunky heels and the front toe area is not as bulky as macho boots but not pointy, also i like to wear my 5.25" block high heeled ankle boots for prctice so i can eventually go out in them, as i really dont like wearing stiletto shoes :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Being 16 and at school, I see a lot of 'schoolgirl' styles. I guess these have to be my favourite style: chunky loafers, laceups, courts, boots, over 3 inches. I see some nice shoes around... it just frustrates me when I realise that I can't be 'in their shoes' :smile: Grr. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

My favoirtes is still the high wedge heel - indoors a bit higher the outdoor! I'm also not very much into open styles - I prefer oxfords and ankle boots. Shure, I also like the blade, block and stiletto heels... best wishes Joak :smile:

Blade heels are the ones that look like a block heel from the back and somewhat like a stiletto from the side.

Posted Image

There are even thinner blade heels than this ones have.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Hi Squirel, a blade heel is a heel that is wide when looked upon from the back and thin when looked upon from the side (although a few opposite versions also exist). No need to post pictures, half the girls wearing boots are on blade heels lately. Bye, Highluc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Boot's or Casual shoes with blocks, nothing too ostentatious

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

At the moment I'm getting into 4" wedgies. I've got a couple of pairs with quite a narrow wedge, and I'm just eyeing up a new pair with a wedge about 1 inch wide. I think they'll look a bit more subtle on the street. Roll on the sales :smile:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

My favorite is as some members here on the board know, are cowboy boots with 3" heels or above. Brown, yellowreddish and black are my coulors, the higher heels the more black. Undercut heel is prefered for improved walking and a high arch. Platforms are really nice and I like them a lot, 1-2" platform and 4-6" heel and also high arch, prefered in black . Favorite material is without doubt leather.

I my opinion if a man wants to maintain some of his man hood in public, the block and blade heels are my choice. Any shoe that has a thin stiletto style heel and pointed toe box should be kept for a women or indoors. Height of the heel and platform does not matter to me. I prefer a oxford, boots or somthing with a not so obvious feminine look to it.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

i usually wear 6 inch spike heeled sandals but do have a flashy pair of black boots i save for more exotic outings. i wear 5 inch heeled boots quite often, on the streets without any hassles or rude remarks.

What is my definition of manhood? You ask? In general it is the image that everybody has of a sex. Male or female. Example men who wear high heels. For some people it is just not right. Others can accept it because they are open minded. In my wife’s eyes, I am not saying she is close minded. she thinks a man should be masculine. Wearing a flannel shirt, work boots, and sweating while doing yard work. Now if I can get her to clean the house!!!! lol!!! So if your pants that you wear, cover your heels, even though they are chunky kind. The obvious is not so obvious. If somebody see you wearing heels they had to take a good look to notice. To every one else you just a "man". Unless you make it obvious. Like wearing a stiletto heel with a pointed toe and the pants you are wearing don't cover the shoe. In fashion for a man who wear heels should be a bit conservative. This is of course is my opinion for a man who just wear heels, and are not full cross dressers and transsexuals.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I think it depends what you are used to seeing, Hoverfly. If you saw one of those sci-fi alien movies, and all the men wore sleevless tops and long hair, while all the women wore boiler suits you's soon get used to the idea. Therefore, I don't follow your argument that what style of shoes you wear has anything to do with your "manhood". It does have something to do with society's blind prejudice though. One can either accept that prejudice, or be free spirited and do your own thing, to suit your particular preferences. I know which I prefer.

Oh boy!!! I guess I am not getting through. Sorry... Let me try it this way. If I wore a 4 inch stiletto heel with a pointed toe and some body see me wearing that shoe. They might think, Oh he is gay, or worse. Just because that person has seen that only type of shoe on a women. To me this type of shoe really represents a feminine at it's extreme. Curvy and sexy. That not a good way to get some one to accept a man wearing high heels. Now if instead I wore a chunky heel with a 4 inch heel with a square toe and that same person saw those. They might have a different view. They might see more pleasing and apropate for a man to wear. To me that kind of shoe repsents a more macho and/or casual look. This way you can get people to accept and even encourage other men to wear high heels. Now it dose not matter what others think about what you wear. However , to promote a idea that can be very controversial. Some times you need to tone it down until you can have a large number people fallowing in your “foot” steps as well. Would you think? I can say more but I am out of time...Untill next time...

Oh I get it now. You are using manhood as "image" whereas I think it is what you are rather than how you are perceived to be.

However, we are sort of on the same wavelength with respect to styles as I tend to wear more chunky styles, not because of how they might be percieved, but because that's what suits a 12 stone frame. If I was 10 stone I'd wear thinner heels more. Again, nothing to do with perception as male or female, but governed by style.

This is what I wore today in London at a meeting with 3 people from the client and one from subconsultant.

Posted Image

They're ankle boots 11cm heel with 2cm platform from Barratts. So yeah, I agree generally with what suits male frames and even perceptions, but it's just our definitions of manhood are different.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-04 23:21 ]</font>

• 2 weeks later...

My favorites are tall, to the knee, cowboy boots with 4" heels. I wear these types of boots every day to the office. For weekends and evenings out I like to go higher to 5" or more...but still in cowboy boots, generally.

My favorite style is a knee high boot with a moderate platform (1-3in) and a 4-5inch chunky heel...I also really love knee high platform boots with a wedge heel, and am currently looking for some.

this is a picture of my first pair of boots which should be arriving very soon.

Posted Image