Heels in Sydney / Auckland

Van

Hi guys, I haven't been on this forum for some time due to increasingly busy professional schedules. Anyway, I may have to go to Sydney and / or Auckland soon for a short professional trip but I hope to have a week end free to walk around or perhaps to extend my stay for a few days. I understand that Sydney is a pretty cool city so I'm planning to take at least a pair of heels, probably a pair of sandals and a pair of pumps. Any recent heeling experience in Sydney ? Place to go (or not to)? Any friendly shoe shop (size Us 11 - UK 9/10 - EU43) ? How about Auckland ? Thanks for the info. Vanessa

Hi Vanessa.... :roll: I'm sure you will enjoy your visit Down Under but it's a shame you have timed the trip to coincide with the middle of winter. Still winter brings boots and they are here by the dozen with lots of different styles to choose from. Stilettos heels and points are everywhere but I'm sure there will be some thing that takes your fancy in one of our Auckland stores. The winter sales are on at the moment and some good bargains can be picked up if you are quick enough. I haven't been to Sydney for a while but did spend May in Brisbane this year and enjoyed some great shoe shopping. Being quite abit warmer than both Auckland and Sydney there where a lot less boots on display but the stores made up for this with high heeled sandals, mules and slides in just about every style and price range you could wish for. When in Auckland there are many great shoe stores worth calling into, OverlandFootware, Scarpa, Andrea Biani and Hannas are some of the bigger shops but there are a number of smaller boutiques stocking the very best that Europe has to offer. If you do manage to get to NZ Vanessa and want to spend a day perusing the stores drop me a PM. I’m sure we can get together over coffee and go make a day of it. jim

Vanessa, Sydney is pretty friendly and in general I haven't run into any problems. But then again, I'm still in the phase of block heels (up to 4") and women boot cut jeans that cover most of the heels. I've been wearing heels in the city and the suburb with no one really hassling me but have had a few double take or looks if they noticed. I don't think you'll run into much trouble. Shop wise, again I haven't really tried on shoes in store but most of them are very professional and will not blink an eyelid even if i did want to try them. A good leather heels shop is in the city at Wynyard station (next to Hungry Jacks and McDonalds). They always have really cool styles. Otherwise Oxford street would definitely be a place where you can shop for heels with no issue (this is where the gay community gather). Have a great time when u r in town.