What did you have for Easter Dinner?

I realize that not everyone celebrates Easter, but if not, maybe tell us what you did have. I cook, so I get curious about food in culture. Now I wish there was a food course in University for history or anthropology... I'll go first. I am the chef, I love to cook. I hate to clean, but cooking, I have fun, even when I am freaking out. I prepared Danish style Roasted Pork loin on the bone. The skin is left on, we make the crispy stuff. To accompany it, I had asparagus, Red Cabbage, Pickled beets and simple boiled potatoes. Oh, and gravy. The third best part about making a pork roast is the gravy. #1 being the crackling, #2 being the actual roast. Gravy is made from pan drippings, to which we add water during cooking, to make a dripping stock. My sister and I invited over my mother and her husband. I am so full. What did other people do for their Easter/Sunday meal? I'm interested in cultural differences, so share as much as you can, including any easons behind the food. Folklore, tradition, post away! SHARE! Cultural discussions are wonderful.

at my moms house i had turkey with stuffing and fruit salad and mashed potatos and a honey glazed ham and a bunch of other crap... at my dads we had brunch, so there was pancakes and french toast and sausages and bacon and fruit salad and hot cross buns and some other buns and candy :smile:

Terayon, are your parents living in different houses? This puts a whole new light on your revelation of your shoe interest to your dad. Wher is your sister living? Sorry for getting personal but this might be important if you ask for advice later.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I went to mums together with my brother, sister and their families.

Mum made salmon-en-croute with new potatoes (from Israel) peas, sweetcorn and green beans.

We would have had meat, but my sister and her husband are "de-toxing" so have given up things like meat, alcohol, cream and other pleasures like that.

It didn't bother me though, as I like fish.

Very nice it was too.

Posted Image

Happy Heeling

Calv

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calv on 2002-04-01 11:54 ]</font>

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Aik.... all of ya got good food but not me. All 3 nigth I went to stadium to do some Easter celebrations presentation. This makes me rush over there every nigth and didn't enjoy real nice food... sad is it? :smile:

On Sunday I had Francis and his wife round for Dinner. We had Mongolian hot pot. For this, I used a meths fondue burner on the table. Basically everyone takes some lamb which is sliced thin and using a mini basket or a fondue fork, dips their lamb into the beef consome which is kept simmering by the burner. The meat cooks quickly and then people make up their own sauces using combinations of chilli sauce, sesame oil, chopped spring onions, chopped ginger, kechap manis (sweet soy sauce), garlic oil and the like. They eat some meat they have cooked while they cook the next pieces. At the end, when the meat is finished, some green salad leaves and noodles are put into the broth which was used to cook the meat. This makes a great soup to drink after the meal as is the oriental practice. We had sparkling cava with the meal and pecan/maple cheesecake afterwards, so we were really full! Then we had a heel trying on session before going into Jenny's chat for a while.

Me and my wife had ours a day early, she had to work the weekend. We had a smoked ham, mashed potatoes, wax beans, green beans, carrots (mixed to gather), and dinner rolls. For desert up side down pineapple cake with whip cream. Yum!!!

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Tonight we had wanton soup, braised beef with mango and orange sauce (South African dish) with egg/spring onion fried rice plus Italian Panforte Corsini for dessert. And not forgetting plenty of wine/beer so it was a mixture Eastern/African/Italian cuisine. Most of my cooking has an Eastern basis.

Alwfully simple, pasta, tuna and a bottle of red with a friend. Other things, a bicycle ride around the Phillip Island race track, great views, that's the one they hold the motor cycle grand prix on. Inga :smile: _________________ HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-04-02 06:58 ]</font>

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Oh and here's what I'm having tonight, I adore pasta. Fettucine with Chicken and Lemon: 500 g fettucine spray of canola or olive oil 500 g or two skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips 250 ml (1 cup) MAGGI Chicken Stock 60 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind 1 cup frozen peas 60 g reduced-fat cream cheese, chopped freshly ground black pepper, to taste Start cooking the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water. Spray a nonstick frying pan with oil and heat. Add the chicken and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm. Add the stock, lemon juice, rind and peas to the pan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the peas are cooked. Add the cream cheese and stir over low heat until smooth. When the pasta is al dente, drain and return to the pan. Add the sauce and toss to combine. Season with black pepper and serve immediately with the chicken. After all this may'be Laurie and I should become your resident chef's Inga :smile:

On 2002-04-02 08:50, IHeels wrote:

After all this may'be Laurie and I should become your resident chef's

Inga :smile:

I would be up for that! :smile: I am not interested in cooking school, because heels, short skirts and stockings will not cut their uniform ideas. Maybe the Well Heeled Restaurant is an idea?

We wouldn't be the chef's, hell no, we would be the critics and advisors. It's our knowledge in this area that appears all encompassing, that's what critics are about, we fit the bill! Sorry for the lack of humility. Importantly they wear clothing more in line with ours. I think you'll feel comfortable with this vision Laurie. Inga :smile: