How old are you?

How old are you?  

723 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

Ok, maybe this is something I shouldn't ask but I'm very interested to find the answer as I wonder how many people here are of a similar age to me - 27... it seems that the audience here is a little older??? Please do me the honour of answering my poll question! :roll: The poll is for 14 days and I'm sure the results will make for interesting reading. Right my vote is in....

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAPPY BIRTHDAY nhoj62

that's great.

thanks everyone for your replies so far.. looks like i got one of the age ranges wrong (29-30!) oops sorry.

looks like there's a lot of people in 20's and 30's... i'm surprised! :roll: maybe it's also a factor (statistically) of age groups that are most computer litterate and hence isn't such an indication of average heel fan age! :)

looks like there's a lot of people in 20's and 30's... i'm surprised! :roll: maybe it's also a factor (statistically) of age groups that are most computer litterate and hence isn't such an indication of average heel fan age! :)

I think equally surprising is the larger age range for those of us in our 40s compared to those in our 30s.

Could be that some men figure out early what they want - for others it takes a time of denial before they're willing to admit it to themselves, or until they're ready to share it with others, including their family.

Then again, it could be be those of us in our 30s are working too hard trying to get by while saving for the future!

thanks everyone for your replies so far.. looks like i got one of the age ranges wrong (29-30!) oops sorry.

I thought it was a bit specific. I voted for it though! I'm trying to ease myself gently into the thought of hitting 30 next year...

Chris

I thought it was a bit specific. I voted for it though! I'm trying to ease myself gently into the thought of hitting 30 next year...

Chris

I'm sorry, but UNIVAC's policies prohibit inefficient statistical groupings. We regret to inform you that we must recycle your post into the 20-29 age category in order to maximize business efficiencies.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

ok let me try and edit the numbers to remove the rogue entry... and yes that makes you younger chris! right... done... all those 3 people in the 29-30 catagory please re-vote.. thanks!!

We regret to inform you that UNIVAC's policies do not allow the editing of any posts to differ from what's originally posted. Should you desire to change what you originally posted, you may do so at your own expense. Should any posts actually be changed from their original postings, everyone on this board will do the hokey pokey and turn themselves around. After all, that's what it's all about. Please see the manager of the universe for settlement of any complaints. - Gene

I'm 53 and this is going too fast for me, let me go back for a while.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

UNIVAC was a room-sized mainframe computer made by the Sperry Rand corporation in the late 1960s. They had million-dollar memory, two and a quarter ton 100 megabyte hard drives, and required more refridgeration than an outdoor ice rink in the middle of a Las Vegas summer. In 1968 you could pick up a 1.3 MHz CPU with half a megabyte of RAM and 100 megabyte hard drive for a mere US$1.6 million - which was absolutely amazing in those days. Compare that to my current setup, a 2.54 GHz CPU with 512 MB RAM and 250 GB hard drive for just $1,100. That's 2,000 times as much processing power, 1,000 times the memory, 2,500 times the hard drive space, but it's 1,500 times cheaper! We've come a LONG way in 35 years... We've come a long way in just 4 years, too. In 2000 I built my n'th computer system for $2,500. It has 1/4 the processing power, RAM, and hard drive space of my current system, yet cost more than twice as much to build as my current setup. If this trend continues, I'll upgrade in 2008 to a 12 GHz machine with 2 GB RAM and a terrabyte hard drive for just $500! When I started school 25 years ago, the total combined hard drive space of every computer, personal and educational, at my entire 25,000-student school didn't add up to a terrabyte. I do see one welcome trend, however - a significant lessening of the desire for bigger, faster, better systems, primarily because we're now at a point where the most processor and memory-intensive tasks such as digital video editing/rendering are readily available to the home user. While a mid-80's Amiga could do some of what I do, it would have taken it a month to render complex scenese that my current setup can do in 15 minutes. And that's a LOT of computing power! For all of that, however, it's still several orders of magnitude slower than the average human brain with respect to total volume of information processed in any given unit of time - and, at 250 W, about 100 times less efficient!

I voted for the catagory 60-69 as I am 69 at the present time. Move over Emery as I'll join you as a surfer on October 14th when I turn 70 and start a new decade in my life. Tee-Hee!!! I am wondering if anybody else is in that catagory along with you? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well 62 in people years - wonder what that adds up to in dog years! I guess pretty old. But I'm happy in my own world of senior citizen status. Just think if I rode the bus I could ride FREE. However, since I live in the country, have no need to ride the bus. TOOTLES!!! Mickey68 Bet you all thought I was 68.