How old are you?

How old are you?  

723 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UpBy5. I got into wearing high heels when I was a child ( moms shoes ). I got into it seriously shortly after I was discharged from the Army in 1960. My first pair of custom made high heels were from Ableman Trading Co. out of Hong Kong in 1968. Black Patent Leather Pumps w/ 5" high heel. I still have them today-in great shape. (Roll under). I am not certain what that is, if the heel is working in toward the instep then possibley you are taking to long of a stride. The higher the heel, the shorter the step and flatter the walk. You can't walk heel and toe like you would if you were wearing the ugly shoes. What does ( USD 210 step ) mean? Mike.

"USD210" is 210 US Dollars out of my checkbook for a pair of 6IHF heels, quite a "step" out from the $50-80 I'm used to paying.

I use "Roll-under" for lack of a better term to describe the tendency of a 6" or more stiletto to appear to move closer to the outside instep of the shoe due to my body weight being centered at a point in the shoe's heel area that is a small distance (just a bit is all it takes) BEHIND the point that the tip of the shoe's heel strikes the floor. My experience has been that the point of the stiletto stays firmly planted on the floor/carpet and the shoe, with me in it, moves to the rear of the heel- tip's point of contact with the floor, giving the feel that the heel is rolling or collapsing under the instep area. All I can figure is that either the area of the shoe base between the heel attachment point and the horizontal part of the sole is a bit flexible (cheaply made), or, the shape of the heel is such that the tip hits the floor too far forward (bad design). A pair of 6" Pleaser slides/mules, also v. inexpensive, are quite stable and give no sign of this problem. Your suggestion of the shorter stride is spot-on. I'll try distributing my weight even more to the balls of the feet when standing/walking. Maybe I should just give up on 'em and go for the 6ihf's. If you have any suggestions for sources of 5 1/2 - 6" single soles that work well, I would be most grateful. Save me a lot of repacking & returning!

Again, thanks for your time on this.

UpBy5

"USD210" is 210 US Dollars out of my checkbook for a pair of 6IHF heels, quite a "step" out from the $50-80 I'm used to paying.

I use "Roll-under" for lack of a better term to describe the tendency of a 6" or more stiletto to appear to move closer to the outside instep of the shoe due to my body weight being centered at a point in the shoe's heel area that is a small distance (just a bit is all it takes) BEHIND the point that the tip of the shoe's heel strikes the floor. My experience has been that the point of the stiletto stays firmly planted on the floor/carpet and the shoe, with me in it, moves to the rear of the heel- tip's point of contact with the floor, giving the feel that the heel is rolling or collapsing under the instep area. All I can figure is that either the area of the shoe base between the heel attachment point and the horizontal part of the sole is a bit flexible (cheaply made), or, the shape of the heel is such that the tip hits the floor too far forward (bad design). A pair of 6" Pleaser slides/mules, also v. inexpensive, are quite stable and give no sign of this problem. Your suggestion of the shorter stride is spot-on. I'll try distributing my weight even more to the balls of the feet when standing/walking. Maybe I should just give up on 'em and go for the 6ihf's. If you have any suggestions for sources of 5 1/2 - 6" single soles that work well, I would be most grateful. Save me a lot of repacking & returning!

Again, thanks for your time on this.

UpBy5

There used to be a member of our forum, The Original Susan, that presented the theory that in extreme heels, the wearer's weight is primarily put on the ball of the foot with the heel used to maintain balance. I think this would place at least 2/3rds of the weight on the ball and about 1/3 on the heels. She also said that it took time to achieve walking in this manner, but while wearing lower heels was "different," after a little practice, walking in this manner while wearing really high heels became natural. Just something that she did automatically whenever she wore heels 6" or higher. And, regardless of what others on this forum might think, she was one of the best authorities around when it came to high heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I am old enough to know better, but to young to resist. I don't like getting older but if you can figure a way to buy off father time please tell me. Old scoundrel picks and chooses who he picks on....lol. At any rate am 46.... That's 29 years experience at being 17.

I am old enough to know better, but to young to resist. I don't like getting older but if you can figure a way to buy off father time please tell me. Old scoundrel picks and chooses who he picks on....lol. At any rate am 46.... That's 29 years experience at being 17.

For how many of those 46 years have you been wearing heels?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Let's get in the way back machine here. The first pair of heels were given to me at 17, by a much older "friend"(RJ) and his partner (Frank). Frank's young friend wore them all the time. I was totally dead set against trying them at first. The older guys took us young ones to a costume boutique where we were outfitted in PVC From Head to Toe. I fought it tooth and nail at first. At the request, begging, and scrapping. I put the stuff on just to get it over with, I hated it because I thought I was going to be Called The "F" word and would be teased and taunted. Embarrassed I was put in front of a mirror. For the first time in my life I realized that I actually looked (shhhhhhh!) Beautiful ? Well I was change right there. So Since I was 17 I have owned and wore Heels. This is a long story. However you are getting the shucked down verision of it .:wave:

For how many of those 46 years have you been wearing heels?

There used to be a member of our forum, The Original Susan, that presented the theory that in extreme heels, the wearer's weight is primarily put on the ball of the foot with the heel used to maintain balance. I think this would place at least 2/3rds of the weight on the ball and about 1/3 on the heels. She also said that it took time to achieve walking in this manner, but while wearing lower heels was "different," after a little practice, walking in this manner while wearing really high heels became natural. Just something that she did automatically whenever she wore heels 6" or higher. And, regardless of what others on this forum might think, she was one of the best authorities around when it came to high heels.

Bubba,

Got it. Thanks for that info and wading thru the rhetoric. Its quite apparent I've been doing it incorreectly and blaming the shoes! Yet another lesson for a newbie. I'll give 'em another shot applying the "Susan method". Can't argue with "...one of the best authorities around...". Coming from you, high praise indeed!

UpBy5

Hey UpBy5; I believe I know what your describing when you talk about the heel flex feel. I've noticed it more in single sole shoes than anything else. Seems as soon as you get about at least a 1/4" platform, it disappears. I have a lot of Pleaser and Ellie in my closet, and anything with a platform seems rock solid. As for the 'Original Susan' regarding weight distribution, that 1/3 - 2/3 theory sound like it's spot on.

Let's get in the way back machine here. The first pair of heels were given to me at 17, by a much older "friend"(RJ) and his partner (Frank). Frank's young friend wore them all the time. I was totally dead set against trying them at first. The older guys took us young ones to a costume boutique where we were outfitted in PVC From Head to Toe. I fought it tooth and nail at first. At the request, begging, and scrapping. I put the stuff on just to get it over with, I hated it because I thought I was going to be Called The "F" word and would be teased and taunted. Embarrassed I was put in front of a mirror. For the first time in my life I realized that I actually looked (shhhhhhh!) Beautiful ? Well I was change right there. So Since I was 17 I have owned and wore Heels. This is a long story. However you are getting the shucked down verision of it .:(

Whoa!! There's got to be a lot more to this story than is told here. So, if I understand correctly, a guy and his guy friend gives another guy a pair of high heels to wear. The other guy resists and is taken to a sex shop and outfitted all in PVC where he discovers he's beautiful? Wow, fill in the blanks and post it on the story thread. Can't wait to read it. :wave::(

Hey UpBy5;

I believe I know what your describing when you talk about the heel flex feel. I've noticed it more in single sole shoes than anything else. Seems as soon as you get about at least a 1/4" platform, it disappears. I have a lot of Pleaser and Ellie in my closet, and anything with a platform seems rock solid.

As for the 'Original Susan' regarding weight distribution, that 1/3 - 2/3 theory sound like it's spot on.

Our experience is parallel. Everything 4"-6" from Guess, Jessica Simpson, Dolce Vita, Highest Heel, Ellie, Pleaser and on-and-on, perform exactly as you describe. Even the two single sole, 5 1/2" pair from Highest Heel present no "rollunder" or "heel-wiggle" when using a stride that's normal for that height heel, without regard to weight distribution. One of the pair is still on their website as "Temptress 5 1/4" Ankle Strap With Reat Corset Lace Up". If I can figure out how to post a photo, I'll send one along. It may be just a defective shoe design. Thanks for your response; Good to know I'm not alone out here!

UPBy5

Ok. I shall do it. The story it's self to understand has some very complex relationships and ties to it. The whole entire story played out over a period of time and in a world that was not so cynical and paranoid as things are today. 30 years ago we lived in a more liberal world, where there were many revolutions that had just settle in an had become the society norm, such as sexual freedoms , freedoms and rights of the young, i.e. the 17 to 20 year old people, and the dawn of the gay movement. During that time young people had more freedoms than they do today. Thank heavens I had the right to choose and the open mindedness to understand.

Ok. I shall do it. The story it's self to understand has some very complex relationships and ties to it. The whole entire story played out over a period of time and in a world that was not so cynical and paranoid as things are today. 30 years ago we lived in a more liberal world, where there were many revolutions that had just settle in an had become the society norm, such as sexual freedoms , freedoms and rights of the young, i.e. the 17 to 20 year old people, and the dawn of the gay movement. During that time young people had more freedoms than they do today. Thank heavens I had the right to choose and the open mindedness to understand.

Can't wait for the movie ! :wave:

It is in manuscript, but not yet finished. When finished yes it will go to proof then to edit yadda yadda yadda !

You can always post it here, on our story thread. I bet there are quite a few other members that really would like to read it, besides me. :wave:

I really wanted to read the whole 264 posts but I'm a busy man. I read til page 20. I'm 24, and a weird mix of spanish, irish and american that resides in Mexico and is an american citizen... Weird. I've read some posts about weight distribution in pleasure heels (I don't know what that is) and platform and that they feel solid. Me personally, don't like platforms. What's is a pleasure heel anyway? And another thing, how much does heel height differs with small sizes like 5 US and 11 1/2 US? Does it make it smaller or bigger? I've always been curious about heels since a little boy and joining this forum is my first step towards accepting this shoe preference and my desire to walk in public with them. Thank you all

I really wanted to read the whole 264 posts but I'm a busy man.

I read til page 20.

I'm 24, and a weird mix of spanish, irish and american that resides in Mexico and is an american citizen... Weird.

I've read some posts about weight distribution in pleasure heels (I don't know what that is) and platform and that they feel solid. Me personally, don't like platforms.

What's is a pleasure heel anyway?

And another thing, how much does heel height differs with small sizes like 5 US and 11 1/2 US? Does it make it smaller or bigger?

I've always been curious about heels since a little boy and joining this forum is my first step towards accepting this shoe preference and my desire to walk in public with them.

Thank you all

Ashamed is NOT where you belong! There are some 7,000 of us here whose "preference" is for High Heels. Lots of us felt the same as you at first. Do you already have HH shoes?

UpBy5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...