The best Ballet video clip?

Waisted_Giraffe

Hi Mickey Thanks for all your help and advice. I have downloaded it again and it plays pefectly ok with Windows Media Player now. Yeah! A question for you, did they actually say they are becoming the fashion shoe in London? Jeff

The girl in the studio at the beginning of the clip said that: "... der letzte Mode-Schrei..." which would be on a word by word base: "... the last fashion-cry ..." (very bad English; sounds pretty silly that way - kids, don't try this at home! :roll: ). I must admit I didn't check if they were serious. I basically tried to stick to what they said so the result is pretty much straight-forward. Only where a rather one-o-one translation would have screwed the original statement I went for an English phrase that sounded right and basically reflected the idea. CU! -Mike

I have to get back to you on the technical bits, but I used Gordian Knot to compress it:

http://gordianknot.sourceforge.net/

Trolldeg,

thanks for the link. Mpeg & Co. is not an issue for me since I've been developing hardware regarding this during daytime work. I was only looking for a usable frontend. Either there's too much fancy stuff in a package or stuff keeps crashing once you require it to do something sophisticated. I'll check this software out... -- Just checked your version of the compressed video. Hm, don't get me wrong or take it personally but I think we definitely need to tweak the encoder's compression settings.

CU!

-Mike

==========================

PS: BTW, you might wanna change www.kompakt/upload/ballet_heels_compressed.avi into www.kompakt.se/upload/ballet_heels_compressed.avi... :roll:

Hey all,

I used a free program called flaskmpeg:

http://www.flaskmpeg.net

Take a look as it's very easy to use, simple, interface. I got the file down to 17MB by resizing the frame a little smaller, and setting bitrate to around 500kbps...

I'm just waiting on JimC for an ftp location to place the file...

:) Glad to have helped inspire you. 40 minutes is doing pretty good, congradulations. Let's hear a little about the knee boots :roll: Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Works fine for me in Linux. Obviously in the clip they only have the one pair of shoes. Is the pain in the toes likely to be caused by wearing a pair that doesn't fit? I've only tried a pair of ballet heels on for a few minutes, but they didn't hurt. I was surprised that they were relatively comfortable. Couldn't walk in them though! Chris (edited for typo)

Chris: the wrong size can definatly be a problem. I have one pair that are very easy to walk in since the ankle is not bent back quite as far as my others, only problem is they are really wide, so all my weight is on my toes.. Best I've done with those is about 1-1/2 hours at a bar.. including driving there.. wore some pretty long pants so no-one even noticed them. Seeya Jim

Ok, due to cost of bandwith/space I'm now just hosting the divx version of the video. I'm amazed that I went through 10.1 gig of bandwith in 2 weeks :roll: I also re-spaced out the link on the front page so it's easier to find. New pics are on their way, maybe even tonight. Any suggestions? :) Jim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Vidking at Balletboot.com has added a new video in the last couple of days which is well worth seeing. It is of Serena (who starred in the video shoot in the Northampton shopping centre) trying on and walking in ballets for the first time. Well worth watching for anyone who thinks that ballet's are impossible to walk in.

http://www.balletboot.com/preview-video.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...