That's it, my nosey neighbour has finally flipped !

Fox didn't believe me when I told him how nosey my next-door neighbour was until he came round one day to go up to the January sales in London.

No sooner had Fox arrived and next-door was peering over the wall round the side of his house.

You think that's pretty bad, but one cold (2 deg C), drizzly, dark ( 5.30 am ) January, Monday morning, I was loading up my 4wd for a work assignment 100 miles away, and yes, super-prat is round the side of his house moving his dustbin around and peering at me over the wall. No sane person is around at that time unless he has to, and super-prat is retired, so you would think he would prefer a nice warm bed !

A couple of days ago, I acquired a second nearly-identical 4wd in good condition, the idea being to maintain one while using the other on the road, and should the road vehicle need a spare part, I can pinch it from the out-of-use vehicle without having to wait for spares from Japan.

Although I say it myself, having 2 identical vehicles on the drive looks pretty cool, especially as I treated the locals to leather trousers and Fuss 5" courts getting into one of them yesterday. So, this morning I find, not to be upstaged, next-door leaves his 4wd (of inferior make, IMHO) overnight outside his garage for the first time ever !

AAAGH ! .... what a moron !

Xa

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show, Xaphod, that some people are more interested in one-upsmanship than they are in the real issues of life. So - outdo him. Buff and wax the snot out of your own 4x4. Preferrably in the middle of the afternoon while wearing your heels...

xaphod, other than his lurking and peering,do you get along? do you ever talk with him? how are his conversational skills?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Buff and wax the snot out of a 4x4? Must not be a Jeep :roll: I wore trail damage on my Cherokee as a badge of honor, proof that it was more then a grocery getter. I moved into my new place last november, the neighborhood is new, but filling up with families.. Not sure when the nosey neighbor's will begin, but if they dig too far into the activities in my house they will get more then they bargined for :) Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Just out of interest Xaphod, what kind of 4x4 do you have? My wife and I both have Rav-4's. They tend to get sneered at by off-road purists, but considering our main priorities are fitting the dogs in the back and being able to get up our (very steep) road in the snow every winter they do us fine. I'd love to have a go off-road, but it's all national park land round here, and they don't like it! Chris

Bubba .... Yes, I do talk to the guy, but I always get the feeling he has a hidden agenda in his conversations in his search for more information about me.

What prompts this apparent paranoia is the fact that his conversation tends to be tittle-tattle about other neighbours' business, very little of it complimentary. So, having heard this, I just wonder what the guy says about me behind my back.

Chris .... I have a Daihatsu 4-trak which sees most of its off-road use when I'm driving up to the top of the highest hill I can find when I'm messing about with amateur radio. Other times it is used as a support vehicle at various military vehicle rallies. I took it up to Chelsea a couple of years back after a rally which we called 'the Somme re-enactment' (it rained like hell and we had to use Saracen 6wds to shift the stuck 4wds) .... a muddy 4wd driven by a lunatic certainly scared the c..p out of the Arabellas taking the Tarquins to school in bigger vehicles than mine.

The reason I chose a 4-trak is that it has no electronics in it, so when I need to fix it, I don't have to wheel up a logic analyser to psychoanalyse its poor little brain .... all I need is a mallet and a screwdriver (and some damn big spanners)

BTW, I bounced the pic of me driving my 4wd in Western Ranch 5 inchers to the top of the Ultra hh and fetish forum. The pic is on sheet 1.

Xa (disappearing to change the cambelt on the second 4wd)

edited oops, got my comple/imentaries mixed up

Xaphod I understand why you are worried, because I had a VERY close call with one of mum's EX friends! it was around Christmas last year I has just taken my avatars off to go to mum's side of the house,( this was before we moved - We now live in a Villa)where mum's "friend" had come to pick up her turkey. (Mum did/does roll her own cristmas turkeys and her "friend" had mum roll a Turkey for her). any way I went back to my side of the house I locked the door like I used to when there were "guests" in the house, but Mum needed to get something out of my fridge so I had to unlock the door which is when Mum's "friend Burst into my Flat... ...While I was wearing my avatars! luckilyI was at my computer, and my comuter desk has a generous footwell! Instead of acting like I didn't know anything I should have stood up and said "Is this what your looking for (insert what ever expletive you want in here) GET OUT! needless to say the woman is NO friend of ours now! and it ever happens again I won't be sitting around acting the dummy, I will just do what I didn't do with mum's "friend"! the motive of this story: Don't let a stickybeak know your buisness! later, TXT-1

Buff and wax the snot out of a 4x4? Must not be a Jeep :roll:

I wore trail damage on my Cherokee as a badge of honor, proof that it was more then a grocery getter.

Seeya

Jim

Well, I understand your badge of honor, I really do. But I have a Yukon, and I take it into the hills every once in a while to see if I can roll it or drag the transmission...

I still take it by the detailer when I'm done (he hates me...)

Xaphod - the best response to such busybodies is to ignore them. If their behavior starts bugging you, invite him over for a bar-b-que (or scones and tea). If that doesn't work, call the police (no one who's honest calls the police, and you can always tell them, "I don't know what is problem is, officer - I even invited him over for scones and tea, but he refused, yet he keeps spying on me - is he all right? I mean, is he touched in the head or something?"

Who knows - he may very well be!

But if the other avenues don't loosen him up, you'll definately want a verifiable record (police report) as some people really are wackos, and it's difficult to get things like restraining orders without a prior history.

That police report will be the first step in his history.

Try the other avenues, first. If it doesn't work, then call the police.

we moved to get away from folk like that, we have a very secluded house now, nobody can see us, great. I hate nosey parkers. I dont really like the human race as a whole, who would, looking at our track record! Xa' you seem to be a clever kind of Guy, why dont you build a jet engine or something in you garage over the winter, then when you think he is watching you, start it up, 110db of rip roaring air, that should piss him off. beter still get an AM CB and distrupt his veiwing of points of view :roll: even if he is gossiping about you, nobody will be able to hear him. been there, and know how you feel. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really like the human race as a whole, who would, looking at our track record!

Xa' you seem to be a clever kind of Guy, why dont you build a jet engine or something in you garage over the winter, then when you think he is watching you, start it up, 110db of rip roaring air, that should piss him off.

beter still get an AM CB and distrupt his veiwing of points of view :roll:

Nigel

I regret to have to agree with you on the human race. I came up with this in a cynical moment ....

Individually, man may be a noble beast, but collectively his behaviour is indistinguishable from the scurrying and squabbling of rats in a sewer.

.... nice idea about the jet engine, but less than subtle. The one I favour at present is to take out his TV with a 70cm (432 MHz) amateur radio transmitter. The plan is to let him see me take a walk down to the pub while the Tx is set to come on using a timer while I am out.

Xa

.... nice idea about the jet engine, but less than subtle. The one I favour at present is to take out his TV with a 70cm (432 MHz) amateur radio transmitter. The plan is to let him see me take a walk down to the pub while the Tx is set to come on using a timer while I am out.

Xa

Build a spark transmitter!

I used to edit a local amateur radio club newsletter. One April Fools issue I put a picture of myself on the front page holding a 2 meter HT and wearing a pair of 3" pumps. The caption was "High Heels and Handhelds; Do YL's Get More Grid Squares?"

The club was mostly a bunch of old farts who whined they couldn't find the article -- I don't think anybody noticed the shoes at all!

I tried again the next year with a review of an aerosol spray you could spray in the air around your antennas to make the radio waves visible. At the next meeting someone asked if the stuff was toxic and someone else said it would probably harm the ozone layer, sheesh. And they wonder why I scream when someone suggests I join a club again!

Sorry to be so off topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Xaphod:-) I can relate your problem with a nosey neighbor. I'm not siding with him or condoning his behavior, but his interest in you may be that he thinks that you are a very interesting fellow and watches you so that he can emulate you as close as he can to be like you. As in parking his vehicle in his driveway like you do? Who knows? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I really don't belive you're right on this one, Dawn. I believe the neighbor is just actually nosey, given to snooping and prying into other's affairs. There is a psychological name for people like that. But, I forgot it. :roll:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Build a spark transmitter!

Quite true! It'll work great!

Too great, I'm afraid - hook it up to a 36cm-long antenna, and see how many people within a 5-mile radius call the staions, who'll then call the FCC (or the UK equivalent).

Before long, they've auto-trangulated your position, and it's felony time!

Just undo his antenna cable (if coax), cut the wire, and replace. That's only a misdemeanor...

Ok, I shouldn't be giving out bad advice like that, so I hereby retract it - don't do anything that might get you in trouble.

But you could put a long hanging wall mirror over the door or window through which your nosey neighbor is most likely to look, such that when he does, all he sees is his own reflection.

That would send a very clear message, and probably embarrass him so much he'd think twice before peeking again!

Gene said

But you could put a long hanging wall mirror over the door or window through which your nosey neighbor is most likely to look, such that when he does, all he sees is his own reflection.

Great idea Gene.

The only change I would make is a small hole in the centre, mount a small video camera behind it and record the look of :D:):roll: ?Then put the vid up on the board so we can all share it with Xaph.

Nothing illegal in that.

:rofl: :rofl:

Jeff

Bubba136:-) Some people, (by their behavior), are really weird and I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty suggestion, but it evidently didn't fly. You are probably right, just down-right nosey. Genebujold:-) JeffM:-) I like the mirror with the video camera pin-hole idea. But, some people don't know when to quit and are too stubborn to give in. I work with an individual like that and after a while it becomes "old hat". Cheers--- Dawn HH

How about using a sprayer filled with Round-Up (wide-spectrum sunlight-degraded herbicide) and "painting" I am a nosey neighbor on his lawn some dark night. It'll only take a few days, and the effects should last for months. No way to trace it back to you either.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Boy!!! You fellows can really dig up some nasty thoughts when you want to. I sure wouldn't want to be that nosey neighbor when you all want to go after him. WOW!!! But then again, maybe that would be just the ticket to un-nosey him. Interesting! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Boy!!! You fellows can really dig up some nasty thoughts when you want to. I sure wouldn't want to be that nosey neighbor when you all want to go after him. WOW!!! But then again, maybe that would be just the ticket to un-nosey him. Interesting! Cheers---

Dawn HH

You could always make it more cryptic, like "NN..."

No, don't - that's vandelism.

JeffM - glad you liked the mirror idea - and I like the pinhole camera bit!

:rofl:

Azraelle:-) JeffM:-) Excellent ideas fellows. I sure would like to see the expression on his face when he pulls into his driveway and sees the sold sign in the front yard and then gets capped again when he picks up his newspaper and sees the ad. WOO! HOO! That has got to cause him to think a bit. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Have to be careful because some of the pranks you can play can actually break a law and be considered misdemeaner crimes, causing the prepetrator more trouble that its worth. :D

Have to be careful because some of the pranks you can play can actually break a law and be considered misdemeaner crimes, causing the prepetrator more trouble that its worth. :D

I hate being a ditto-head, but I love you guys, so, "ditto."

"Passion that exceedeth the law destines itself toward's righteousness, but at much sacrifice"

Rightousness has always involved much sacrifice...

Bubba it wasnt me it was Gene he started it all with his mirror. :D Seriously it might be fun thinking of these ideas but I doubt that anyone on this board would be silly enough to put any of them into effect. So the warnings are noted but I think probably not needed. Xaph, XAPH what are you doing with that sign? Oh and another one I thought of is giving the nosey neighbour a tenner. When he asks what it is for tell him you heard he wants to go visit the Falklands and you would love to help him get there. Jeff