Boot fitting

wez

As the summer seems to have finished early in Britain, thoughts start turning again to winter high heel boots. Last year my wife couldn't find a decent fitting pair of leather boots - they we all too baggy around the leg, apparently, via an e-mail conversation with bronx, that was the 'style', though I can't say either of us found it very stylish. :roll: She does very well with the stretch type boots, especially from Schuh. So, ladies, opinions and views would be much sort after for places to get good fitting boots or ways of modifying boots to fit around the leg.

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.

This may sound an odd question, but can boots be altered?

It would be very difficult, regardless of whether they were leather or man-made materials, for many reasons. First, once the materials have been sewn in place, and particularly after the boot has been worn a bit, the stich lines are pretty much set. If you're talking about a tuck, you risk tearing new stich holes into the old ones, hidden, but immediately adjacent. If you're talking about an expansion, the old stich holes and creases will be visible. If the boots are merely very baggy, then you get them altered to include the addition of straps, or, less successful, laces.

But if they're leather, they can certainly be stretched.

It would be a case of making them tighter around the leg, especially at the top. Most boots seem to be about 14" circumference around the knee, my wife is about 12", enough of a difference to have the welly effect!

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.