Kitten heels

steph

Hi Steph, those are some very cute shoes you have! Although I do prefer much higher heels, kitten heels are very cute and can be very sexy as well. I have a pair of Sacha pointy court shoes with kitten heels and they are supremely comfortable and very cute. One thing that I have found is that kitten heels can be very slippery to walk in, more so than some higher heels. Steph, have you noticed this? Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Nah! Far to stumpy! Playing at it! Give us the high stilettos any day! Barely 1 out of 10! Feeble! Where's the real heels? Where's the arch in the foot and the tilt of the ankle? Where's the sexy changes in overall posture and walk? Get 'em orf, otherwise this will be re-named "The Low Heel Meeting Place"! Sorry, Failed! Next!, I say NEXT! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hi Jay, I agree with you about the fact that kitten heels can be quite slippery to walk in at times, especially when walking pretty fast. Sorry for such a short reply...can't find my english dictionary!!! :roll:

Hi Steph and Jay, I like some styles too of kitten heels. Do they make as much noise as blockheels do? I remember when I was a kid walking in town with my mother, I saw a woman wearing boots with low stilettoheels (about 2 inch) and I found that sexy. I remember they made a lot of noise, perhaps because of steel tips. Robert

I like the first pair most of the 3 pairs. And kittens can be just as sexy as higher heels in the right circumstances :roll:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I enjoy The feeling of walking in much higher heels, I love high heels as most of the people here do. But I also appreciate those very low heels not because are "easy" to walk in or because they may look more comfortable. Wearing kitten heels one almost doesn't feel the height of the heel itself but still feel the foot is balancing on a thin heel. Hard to explain, hope you understand what I mean.

not my cup of tea at all...

i'm pretty sellective over the types/styles that "do it" for me and these are way down the list, i'm afraid.

also - does anyone know why they are called 'kitten' heels?

:roll:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

They're called kitten heels because they were originally aimed at girls who were deemed by their parents to be too young for stilettoes. Girls of 11 or 12.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hey guys! Not to worry. Just wait 30 seconds and the Kitten Heels will be history. Most of the shoes that style are mules and sandals that will disappear with the first frost.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As I said earlier: Get 'em orf the Forum! Far to stumpy! Playing at it! Give us the high stilettos any day! Barely 1 out of 10! Feeble! Where's the real heels? Where's the arch in the foot and the tilt of the ankle? Where's the sexy changes in overall posture and walk? Get 'em orf, otherwise this will be re-named "The Low Heel Meeting Place"! Sorry, Failed! Next!, I say NEXT!, I SAY NEXT!!! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Don't sit on the fence now HF just tell us how you feel about kitten heels one way or the other :roll:

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I think heels of all heights can be sexy, provided the other elements of shoe design accentuate the look.

Whil a 4" heel is inherently sexy, I've seen designers screw it up royally because they forgot the basics. Here are two examples:

Posted ImagePosted Image

I mean, what the heck is that first one, anyway? A cow on stilts? The second is no better. While I've no doubt that it will appeal to someone, it is, nevertheless, not very appealing to the majority men and women around the world.

The following few shoes, however, do appeal to most men and women, despite their much lower heel:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

These are inherently sexy, not because of their heel height, but because of the elements of their design, the colors, the contouring, and the shape of the heel.

Nevertheless, I must defer to Heelfan's assessment concerning high heels - the elevation of the heel is usually proportional to their appeal:

Posted ImagePosted Image

It just so happens that the converse is also true. It's entirely possible to design a high-heeled shoe or boot that would look very appropriate on your average man when viewed by the rest of society. In fact, Harley Davidson has done just that:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Despite the fact that these are "woman's shoes," I don't think anyone would bat an eye if they saw a man wearing either pair of boots under jeans or the clogs with either jeans or shorts.

But I think most people would notice if they saw a man wearing any of the previous, non-HD shoes, above.

Again, my is that the masculinity/femininity of the shoe has less to do with heel height than it does with the other design elements of the shoe - a fact which designers have yet been able to grasp.

Would you agree?

Although, primarily a lover of higher heels, I do sometimes find the occasional pair of lower heels to be quite sexy, usually in a mule style. You still get all that lovely flopping up and down which I love so much. The closed toe mules posted by Steph are my favourites amongst her collection. Very cute! Cheers, Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

I must agree 100% with Heelfan and what he said in his postings. To me there would be no sensation of wearing a heel at all. Certainly not my bag of chips. No way, Hose'. UNH-UA!!! I need the pleasure and sensation of having a high heel under me. For me, that's the name of the game. HIGH HEELS!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 years later...

I recently bought some cute Coach kitten heel flip flops. They have a 1" heel that is really not that noticable.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyways, I wore them for the first time tonight to the mall. I had some returns to do. They are really comfy as the footbed is somewhat gelly. This was my first experience in kitten heels. I notice that wearing a 4" heel is a lot easier than these. I say this in the sense that you have more balance in that heel. The kitten seems that if you sway a bit, you might stumble. But I really do like these (I love Coach!) and I will sure to wear them again.

I recently wore a pair of kitten pumps I got from payless on a shopping trip. they are sexy but low key for a tall guy like me, so they are great to shop in. I love kitten heels, they seem to have such a sweetness to them! I don't know why everyone must have the very high heels, but this is coming from someone who is 6'4" without heels.

. . . I don't know why everyone must have the very high heels . . .

Well, the real high ones are more exciting and there are members on this site who express outright disdain for kitten heels. I am not one of them. Kittens may not be real high but they are heels nonetheless. I agree with you, they carry a certain sweetness with them.

Have a happy time!

I don't know if I have the courage to go out in high heels. I just think the attention would be too much for me to take! want to though so badly. I don't think I am adept enough at walking to be able to go into the world.

I don't know if I have the courage to go out in high heels. I just think the attention would be too much for me to take! want to though so badly. I don't think I am adept enough at walking to be able to go into the world.

It's not that big a deal really. Just start of in a city where you don't know anyone. You'll soon wonder what you were worried about.

Well, the real high ones are more exciting and there are members on this site who express outright disdain for kitten heels. I am not one of them. Kittens may not be real high but they are heels nonetheless. I agree with you, they carry a certain sweetness with them.

To me it's not so much about height as it is about shape. A pair of kitten heel shoes can be really sexy too.

I like kitten heels - I own a few pairs. I don't judge a shoe on it's heel height but rather its overall style - hence the reason I like various flats, low heels and high heels.

CB17 - those are some nice shoes!

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I think kitten heels can look good. I agree with HeelD - if the entire design is attractive, kitten heels can look good. Some look bad.

These are the RSVP Jenny, from Zappos.com. 2 inch kitten heels.

Posted Image

Overall, I think they look nice. But in a larger size (larger than 10), the heel and pointed toe might make the shoe look too large on a person's foot and appear odd.

But kittens are nice for when you want or need (medical reasons, maybe) to wear low heels that are still pumps. And under trousers or jeans, few people would notice them. I would buy these (below) if I had the cash.

Posted Image

These are the RSVP Allisyn. They go up to size 13 wide, while the Jenny above is currently is only available up to a 10 medium.

-EdwardianEra