Bristol - Sat 3rd July 2004

Francis

Hi all not quite a heel meeting but a shout out to those of you in the Bristol area (Nigel, Nhoj, Heelfan to mention a few) Jackie and I shall be in town for a few hours after being hauled into Bristol on a steam excursion. I shall get the full itenary and post it so those of you who may wish to meet up, have a beer, a laugh and general lark then feel free to join. Heels are not compulsory, I won't be in wearing mode, not on a train full of enthusiasts :roll: post if you may be attending :)

Yes Francis, I'd be most interested if you could post the 3rd July Bristol Steam Itinerary on this thread! (but folks - not to be confused with our group's Bristol Heel-Meet a little later in the summer - date to be announced). Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

what's wrong with heels & trains together then?,3" block heel boots went to weymouth & back from bristol on saturday with the class 31's!am free on that saturday morning,would need to be on 1210 BTM-PAD,if you want to meet up,what time does your kettle stagger into bristol?

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

Hello Francis! Now that both FWGJon and I are interested in the possibility of saying Hello to you at Bristol, it would be kind if you could post the timetable for your "kettle"(!) fairly soon now, as there's not much more than a week to go! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I have just received our proposed timetable

Diesel train departure from Kettering railway station 07.45 hours

Change to Steam engine at Bescot 9.43 hours -10.23 hours

Arrive Bristol 13.25 hours

Steam departure from Bristol 18.12 hours

Diesel from Worcester Shrubb Hill 20.00 hours

Arrive in Kettering 22.25 hours

Hopefully, we shall see a few faces there

cheers

Thanks Francis - that's great! To help Jon and I (and others?) get our head round the programme, just one or two more questions: 1. By "Bristol", can we assume you mean arriving at Bristol Temple Meads Station (as opposed to Bristol Parkway)?. 2. Is anything programmed for the other enthusiasts and yourself from 1.25pm to 6.12pm? i.e. is everybody sticking together or going their separate ways, and how do you see us heely nutters fitting-in (although of course FGWJon is a professional train enthusiast anyway)? 3. Will you have a mobile with you, and can we please have the number? Mine is published on the Informal London Meet thread. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Bristol Templemead is our destination Most of us from the Northamptonshire area will be doing a lot of our own thing. Don't worry if some of the 'crowd' follow as they are used to seeing me in heels so won't be too phased by anyone else :roll: They don't tend to argue much with what I do anyway :D my phone number is 07906280632 and will be on all day :)

HI Francis and Jackie, how are you? what would you likew to do in your few hours in Bristol? would you like some of us to meet you at the staition or would you want to catch up with us in town? sorry but it is not too clear what you would like to do, you know, you being the guests down here. Heelfan, hows it going, I dont recall you telling us how your closing down sale went? ( valid exuse for missing the hayway meet ) I was just wondering what you might be thinking of doing on this mini meet, or will it just be a quick hello on the platform? and I dont mean heels. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

Hello Nigel, Francis and everone, My closing-down sale is going extremely successfully, but it's still going on as it finishes this coming Wednesday 30th June. That's why I was unable to join you at the Leicester Meet, but will be able to come to the London Meet this Thursday 1st July. Regarding next Saturday, 3rd July, it sounds as if you are up for joining FGWJon and myself in welcoming Francis to Bristol. Subject to Francis' agreement, I was assuming that we would be waiting at Temple Meads Station for Francis' "Kettle to stagger into the station" (to quote FGWJon) following which, as he says above, he has a few hours to spare. I think the platform (rather than the ticket office) would be nice in order to have a gander at the loco, assuming that the station staff can tell us which platform it will arrive at. So Francis and everyone, can I suggest that: 1. WE ALL MEET ON THE ARRIVAL PLATFORM AT 1.25 pm. 2. IF WE MISS EACH OTHER ON THE PLATFORM, THEN WAIT FOR EWACH OTHER IN THE TICKET OFFICE FOYER. 3. PLAY IT BY EAR FOR THE AFTERNOON (LUNCH FIRST, MAYBE?) BEARING IN MIND THAT FRANCIS DEPARTS AT 6.12 pm, AND MAY WISH TO HAVE TIME TO HIMSELF BEFORE DEPARTING. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

OK! I'm posting this on Saturday morning, three hours before Francis' steam train arrives in Bristl in three hours time at 1.25pm. In the hope that Nigel, Nhoj, FGWJon etc. see this: 1. When each of us arrives atr Bristol's Temple Meads Station, we will need to ask the station staff which platform the steam train from Bescot arrives on at 1.25 pm. 2. That way, I hope we can hook-up at on the platform by the time Francis arrives. To help this, mobiles are: Me: 07966 450583. Francis: 07906 280032. 3. If anyone misses us on the platform, wait for us in Temple Meads Station Foyer as we exit the station, or ring one of the above mobiles. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hello FGWJon, it went great! Two Heel-Meets in two days! (London followed by Bristol). Sorry you didn't make it, but Francis and Jackie's "Kettle" staggered into Bristol Temple Meads Station on time today, and I was on Platform 1 to greet it in my 4 1/2" blade-heeled "Sky" ankle boots from Faith. Nigel (in the dreaded f, f, f, f, f, flats) joined me just as the train pulled in. It looked magnificent - a powerful steam engine with the "Mallard" type of streamlined body, with the buffers and metalwork highly polished, and pulling far more period carriages than we were expecting. A vast number of enthusiasts alighted and shot up front to photo the loco, but it was surrounded by more enthusiasts. Francis (in the dreaded f, f, f, f, f, flats but carrying 4 1/2" chunky-heeled boots) and Jackie (in dreaded f, f, f, f, f, flat trainers) joined us and the six of us had a lunchtime drink, chat etc. in the station bar. The steam loco passed thrtough the station twice more, giving further photo opportunities. Then Nigel and family had to depart, but not before Nigel gave me a bollocking for leaving the unsightly price-labels stuck to the arch-soles of my boots. I have always thought how unsightly it is when such labels spoil the back view of lady's stilettos, and I'd transgressed myself! I then invited Francis and Jackie to my waiting car, and took them on a whirlwind drive to some of Bristol's sights including St. Mary's Church, the King Street taverns and Theatre Royal, Queen's Square, The Centre, Harbourside, Clifton Suspension Bridge (under it and over it!), the Avon Gorge, and ending-up at Brunel's SS Great Britain (The world's first iron-hulled screw-driven ship being restored in its dry dock). We had an enjoyable tea-time drink and a bun and a chat about a few heely things before I had to leave Francis and Jackie to continue their sightseeing. Before parting, We all said we'd look forward to seeing each other on the main Bristol Heel-Meet which I'm posting on this Forum shortly. COME ON GUYS AND GALS, ALL WELCOME! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Yes! Thanks very much for the tour! :) Very informative! Remind to book more than a few hours to go round next time! Bristol certainly is a lot more interesting than it first seems. So much to see! I suppose you locals will be almost immune to its charms :roll: I'm going to check how the diary shapes up and will advise as to what dates I can make for the Bristol meet. I have to be done that way soon, so may as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Again, thanks very much Heelfan! And next time, I'll buy the teas! :D

Hi all, It was good to see the three of you yesterday. sorry is was not wearing my heels, my wife had already bought me a pair of heels in the morning and whilst she likes nice shoes as well, I thought that I had been treated enough for one day, I had brought my boots, but being a tight git with the little money we have I parked miles away, ( shhhh, dont tell anybody, but I aint that good in walking for long distances over cobbles yet ) It was great to turn up and see a few waiting camera men to take pictures, we asked the man on the gate what time the steam train was arriving, It was quite funny, he said "so they keep telling me about the train I dont know anything about it, (Obvously not a steam enthusiast).The train then coasted in almost as soon as we had got onto the platform and pulled up alongside us, I saw heelfan in the distance ( easy to spot, if you are looking for heels, not many men in heels on the platform ) We went down to meet him and then called francis and Jackie on their mobile as the train was about a mile long and packed. It was good to sit down in a very quiet train station and have a chat ( heelfan, remember to look up aspartame on the internet) but then we had to get on as we had loads to do and only an hour on the car parking space. Once again, thanks, and Francis, as you can see, you have inspired me to work through the evening to get the PC going again, even though I am using XP, and I was trying to avoid it, at least I can add my thoughts to our meet yesterday. Anybody in heel wearing mode with label still on the bottom, I always carry a can of WD40 to help you get the labels off, just ask. Nigel

The angels have the phonebox.