Inwards & Outwards-Leaning Heels - Erotic?

Heelfan

On the thread "Celebrities in High Heels", Nigel currently writes "....her heel .... kind of wabbles a bit just as she walks off, does anybody else find this mildly erotic?"

I certainly do! As well as admiring high-heel-wearing girls generally, I've always been fascinated when girls' high stiletto heels adopt a precarious lean inwards or outwards. It is as though they are determined to carry on wearing sexy high heels even though the heels are too difficult or too high for them. This gives out a huge "Damsel in Distress" message, which brings out the manly instincts in me - an incredibly erotic phenomenon. Here are some examples of inward and outward-leaning heels copied from the Net and duly credited:

I prefer inwards-leaning and flipping to outwards, and this is my favourite Internet street-shot (from Girls In Heels site).

Posted Image

These two are from the excellent Japanese street-shot site Digidigix:

Posted Image

Posted Image

An offering here from Bootsey Collins' Website:

Posted Image

And another "Inward" from Sakura:

Posted Image

I'm not quite so keen on the "Outwards" leans (wearers look bow-legged), but here's two from forum member called Unknown

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now an "Outward" from Bootsey Collins' site:

Posted Image

An "Outward" from Highluc's site (the boy's head may have started out as a girl's before digital techographicary!):

Posted Image

And two "Outwards" from the great Japanese Digidix street-shot site:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey Everyone! - I've just found and added this great Digidix photo. What a shot! Terrific heel-height (and no platform!),

and she may have especially chosen the heels with the broad tips knowing that she's a tendancy to lean outwards?

Posted Image

I hope we can get some interesting comments on this subject.

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I don't know about finding it errotic but I do have one blasted pair of very skinny 4 inch heels that I do this in. I can waltz around in my five inches, no problems.. but this one pair. Infuriates me to no end! I still wear them because I am going to master these blasted shoes. They are made by Two Lips, style Tavita. They are a lovely shoe, I get more compliments on them. But I wobble like crazy. Oh well, practice makes perfect! JinxieKat

Thanks JinxieKat for the terrific reply!

These are the very sexy slingbacks that you are wobbling in:

Posted Image

In fact, if I were not happily married, and if you weren't married either, and if you came wobbling towards me on those teetery heels, I'd propose to you on the spot!

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Why thank you Heelfan! It's nice to know that my wobbleing doesn't look as awkward as I feel sometimes. At least to some folks! Funny thing is is that my husband does not like those shoes. He says the toe is too long and pointy. He doesn't see me walk around in them much though, I wear them mainly to work, so maybe if he saw me wobbleing.. hmm. That's a thought! javascript:emoticon(':lol:') JinxieKat

Jinxiecat you said

my husband does not like those shoes. He says the toe is too long and pointy.

Yet he likes you to wear ballet boots?

Surely they are more extreme than the sling backs.

Jeff

Brillant HeelFan! What a great idea for a thread. With the amount of disscusion that has gone on on this board it's not easy coming up with something different, but you've done it, Well done! Great photos too. :roll: You have reminded me of a sighting when I was in HMV a few years ago. A girl in a matching red skirt and jacket suit was leafing through the cd racks. To my delight, she was also wearing sheer white tights and black patent leather court shoes with an extremely thin 4 1/2" stiletto heel. She looked incredibly sexy, but what added to the effect was the pronounced wobble she had with every step. Even when stood completly still, she still had a slight wobble.I found the moment very intoxicating. Thanks for reminding me of it. Cheers, Paul.

Jinxiecat you said

Yet he likes you to wear ballet boots?

Surely they are more extreme than the sling backs.

Actually it depends on how you look at the profile of the shoe. The picture of the two lips shoe is actually rather decieving, or it is a very small sized shoe. There is an very, very long point to the shoe, well past my toes by hmm.. two inches or so. It does make for a 'witches shoe' type of look. It also makes the feet appear a bit bigger than they are. Now compare that to the tiny footprint of the ballet heel, the smooth curve of the leg from hip, to knee, to tip of the toe. A completely uninterupted line.. It is a very different look. Also, ballet heels do have a very hobbling effect. That aspect of it is definately part of the alure as well.

JinxieKat

There's actually sometimes a reason for this. I have a beautiful pair of Aldo boots, but the manufacturers fouled up the heel attachment which is a bit off-centre. I always feel as I'm walking on the edge of the heel, so when I'm standing I give the boots an inward lean to attempt to get the heel in the right place. It wasn't a fault on the particular pair of boots I bought. I took them back and tried on a couple more pairs, but they were all the same. In the end, I kept the first pair, but, much to my regret, I won't be wearing them for long outings. Xa

I think that in even moderately high stilettos it is difficult to avoid some wobble and in the height that some of us here like to wear it is virtually impossible. I've always been aware of it and tried to keep it to a minimum, for the sake of elegance. It must still happen though, because only a couple of months ago a teenage girl student, a bit of a tomboy who likes to comment about my shoes, was walking behind me and took some delight in telling me that my heels were tipping from side to side! I was walking on a slightly uneven slate floor at the time but I was unaware of any significant wobble, so I suspect that we all do it a bit without realising. I tend towards the 'tightrope' style of walking as taught in deportment all those years ago, but not in an exaggerated way, and I would have expected that to minimise the heel wobble. Until I discovered the internet, and forums such as this one, I knew practically nothing of the language of shoes and what effect I might be having on onlookers. Sometimes I think it might be better to remain ignorant. I'm now so conscious of those little things which I knew I did, but didn't realise were significant - dangling a shoe and sometimes 'losing' it, 'leaning' one ankle against the other, slipping a foot in and out of its shoe as I stand at a supermarket shelf - and now I find myself doing it all the more if I think someone is watching. Now I have to add heel-wobbling to the list - I really should be better behaved at my age! My shoes always wear on one side, and I've never found a way to avoid that. Does anyone have any ideas? Or is that supposed to be seductive too?! Anne Louise

Until I discovered the internet, and forums such as this one, I knew practically nothing of the language of shoes and what effect I might be having on onlookers. Sometimes I think it might be better to remain ignorant. I'm now so conscious of those little things which I knew I did, but didn't realise were significant - dangling a shoe and sometimes 'losing' it, 'leaning' one ankle against the other, slipping a foot in and out of its shoe as I stand at a supermarket shelf - and now I find myself doing it all the more if I think someone is watching. Now I have to add heel-wobbling to the list - I really should be better behaved at my age!

Anne Louise

Hi Anne Louise,

I hope that you don't feel so self-concious that you stop all these lovely little games with your shoes. All these little things add so much to the sex apeal of a lovely lady in heels. What if someone does notice! Just carry on and enjoy yourself, I'm sure they will, and I deffinitely would! :roll:

Love, Paul.

Oh no, Paul, if I were self-conscious about shoes (or clothes in general) I would be in neat little 2" heels and repectable just-below-the-knee A-line skirts in wool, cotton or, if very daring, suede! One tends not to blend into the background if in a leather suit and 51/2"+ stilettos! So fear not, I am enjoying the language of shoes but it's merely that I hadn't understood that what were inconsequential and unconscious actions were causing at least some men to indulge in erotic fantasies. It's just that now if I suspect I'm being watched those actions might be just a little exaggerated - an innocent lifting of a foot from its shoe might now result in the shoe falling over and having to be retrieved either by 'fishing' for it with my toes or even crouching down to replace it by hand. And of course I have no idea how much stiletto-wobble I exhibit as I battle with that stubborn supermarket trolley! And only about six months ago, for purely practical reasons, I rediscovered stockings, only to find out that there are men out there who are searching for signs of suspender bumps, and drooling over seams! Then of course that crouching down to replace my shoe presents another hazard in the possibility of a flash of stocking-top! So, as I've said, at my age I should be better behaved, but I'm having such a lot of fun! Anne Louise

There's actually sometimes a reason for this.

I have a beautiful pair of Aldo boots, but the manufacturers fouled up the heel attachment which is a bit off-centre. I always feel as I'm walking on the edge of the heel, so when I'm standing I give the boots an inward lean to attempt to get the heel in the right place.

It's funny that you posted this. I just hopped back onto this thread to say that I now thought it was the design of the shoe. I just bought a pair of heels with a very similarly thin heel that is actually a touch higher than the ones I have problems with. I barely wobble in these new shoes. Interesting, I wonder if it is a difference between pumps and sling backs or a fault of the shoe design.

Interesting

JinxieKat

• 3 weeks later...

Through the years at various times I have refused the purchase of a pair of shoes or boots simply because the manufacturer had placed the heel incorrectly to the right or left or forward or backward to the proper place that the heel should be mounted. This would obviously make a big difference in being able to balance the heel properly when walking. I have taken a brand new pair of shoes or boots out of the box that had never been on a human foot at that point and they would not stand by themselves straight on the store counter. Obviously there was an error in the attachment of the heel and I will refuse them because of that. As you have probably figured out by now, I thoroughly inspect my purchases before buying, not only in the case of shoes or boots, but in other products that I buy. I have problems enough now at times walking in heels without trying to walk in a defective shoe or boot. I have also discovered other discrepancies in shoes or boots, but the heel and sole being out of line is a serious defect and not worth a broken ankle. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Why all this fuss over a manufacturing fault? :roll: Actually, sling-backs are more prone to wobble than courts or boots because the structural integrity at the heel is missing and should be replaced elsewhere (usually at the seat of the heel). This results in an extra thickness of materials leading to a wonky heel and wobbling. Actually I find a wobbly heel quite an erotic experience to walk in.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Ah well Dr. Shoe, the heel-lean is not always due to a manufacturing fault. I would say that over 50% of leans are due to the wearer's quirks. For instance, my wife mother always leaned her right heel outwards on every pair of high heels she owned, and I've known several girls that tilted inwards on both heels, making the shoes become quite distorted. Cheerfully yours - Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 years later...

Being new to this wonderful forum I did some searching in older posts. That's where I found this old thread. To me wobbling and teetering is not just mildly erotic, it's my biggest fascination! And the best thing is, in this forum I found out that I'm not the only one on this planet that thinks so. Heelfan, thanks for this! By the way, I did some reading on this and it seems the Damsel in distress thing does actually wake up some very old instincts in men that force hem to protect women. The more vulnerable a woman looks, for instance because she has a problem with the height of her heels, the more (some) men will be drawn to her. Works for me at least. :roll: Heelfan, the pictures seem to have gone, any chance of a repost?