Fashion critique

xaphod

I don't understand how any man can design shoes for women without trying them to determine their "comfortability" (comfort index?) Manolo Blahnik's shoes are way over priced. Even on eBay.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I just read an old article which was an interview with French shoe designer Christian Louboutin. Some excerpts:

Q. How high is too high?

A. It depends on what you do with your shoes. Shoes can be for different moments. I'm doing some shoes that I call "bed shoes." Some shoes should only be worn to the bed.

A shoe [you wear] when you're nude, or in bed, can be really 6 inches high, I would say. But to walk in the streets, too high might be over 4 inches. But it depends on the woman. I love to design for the woman who feels it's never too high. Ain't no high heel high enough. That would be my song, actually.

They didn't ask the obvious question: Do you ever wear high heels yourself? It sure came to my mind right away. :D

I remember a show on Dutch television when hostess Tineke de Nooij was interviewing shoedesigner Jan Jansen from Amsterdam with a table full of shoes when she asked him: "Which one is your favorite?" I saw him looking " :wink: " and then he answered ".....They're all my favorites!"