Show us your shoes, and be in them!

• 1 month later...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone help me out. Much of the time when I look through a post with photos included, I jus see a box telling me that theforumisdown.com is not available for this forum. Am I the only one that is having this problem? I have tried right-clicking and saving the image but all I get is a larger image of that annoying box. Is it my browser? Are the images only available there for a short time? Any suggestions? Charles

Nope it's not just you. We probly used to much of the bandwidth and they shut us out. So you won't see any photos from that sever.

If you got any thing you want to upload to share on this board, one of our members was kind to set up a new server for our pictures, you can use this.

http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

• 2 months later...

Hello

some of my recently bought boots... (I'm not into open shoes or anything else than mainstream boots)...

I resized the pictures to be really small - I got some complaints from people when I used 800x600, eventhough the pictures are only about 100k. Sorry for those of you who think that this went too far...

I have already a black pair similar to these, but they aren't as tall. When I saw them in oxblood red, I didn't doubt for a second. The great looking heel (my opinion) is 11.5 cm tall and they are real HIGH heel boots, in terms of feeling. The Bronx lovers among us recognize the Dijkmans style right away. They are real leather.

Posted Image

Some more pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have been about to buy these black ones below for such a long time now, that these are the crown jewels of my collection. I guess it has been 18 months that they were in the shop and nobody seem to want them at 252 EUR, and neither did I. Now they were discounted down to 150 EUR and I decided to bite the bullet. Although the last 10 cm of the shaft is a bit too tight, they fit like a glove elsewhere and feel really solid. I haven't measured the heel yet but I would say it's about 10 cm (4"). They also have the greatest leather lining. The brand is Angela Falconi, from Italy. I already had a pair of that brand, see elsewhere in this thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These tan ones then, were only 55 EUR and not discounted (??) and a genuine size 42. I thought I would never buy tan boots and I didn't like the heel but these were the first since YEARS with a pointy toe that I could get my feet in, and I could not let that chance slip. I have wanted pointy toed boots ever since they came in fashion about a year or so ago. The heel is higher than it looks, over 10 cm. But they walk very easily for one of us. They are real leather and I was told that they will be ruined if I use them outside in wet conditions. Since it is -26C right now here, that is not a real issue, but the soles are terribly slippery as well, so they'll have to stay in the storage until the spring comes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The cowboys below then are the Western Ranch boots which I had custom made in the fall. The heel is 4" (10 cm) and I think they look very un-female, but my wife just does not want to accept them. People have asked for pictures when worn with pants, so that's the reason for the one below.

Posted Image

I got some more pairs but I don't have those around for making pictures. Sooner or later they'll end up here too.

Happy heeling

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Nice acquisitions Bert. I know the red Bronx ones are superb. I have the same in off white and I had to take size 40 otherwise they would have been too large. The leather is very soft and although the heel is high they walk very comfortably even if worn all day for shopping. I sill don't understand your wife's problems on the cowboy boots. Have patience and good luck.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

very nice boots !! especially black and tan .Happy miles (and a lot of them) I wonder only why industry ( shoes, pantyhose , skirts ) they didn't want to sell those things to male population !! if it could be 20 % increase of sale then it is HUGE amount of money. till then we have to wait ?? maybe not !! :lol: happy heeling

I also love your boots, especially the red and the suede. I have 2 pairs from PayLess ( non-leather, one pr in beige, one "peanut brittle") with heel shape and boot height that are remarkably similar to the suede ones, but the with the heel height of the red boots. Size is US 12/EUR 45. If worn with cotton socks over nylons (for some extra padding), they are comfortable being worn, AND WALKED IN, all day long--incredible for such a small narrow heel and 240 lbs (and almost complete lack of a "heel shelf")!!

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 2 weeks later...

Helloooo

I had actually no time for this, but I felt a moral responsibility to share these pictures with you... :lol:

These are the boots that spent 10 weeks in shipping. It was far away, but I calculated that the average speed was 4.7 km/h. Doesn't sound like air freight :-)

Ok, they are crap quality and not made of leather, which is against my principles normally, but I made an exception because I liked the look for one reason or another. And they are really roomy. US size 11 but defenitely feels like a 12 or so.

Posted Image

I think they don't have too much style, but they look kind of naughty. Something like "Hey buddy, look at these boots, do I appear like someone to mess around with ?" :(

Posted Image

These below I bought a few months ago already. There hadn't been too many boots in the stores that actually fit me, and normally I only buy knee-high boots, but these looked kind of nice.

Posted Image

The heel isn't too high, but it's better than flats. The heel is somewhat peculiar, and I think it won't be a big hit, but for a change it is ok.

Posted Image

They are from Bronx, all leather, and the toebox is a bit special one way or another:

Posted Image

take care you all

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 8 months later...

When I was in London, I bought 3 pair of boots, 2 ankle boots and 1 pair of kneeboots.

Posted Image

These I bought at Brantano in size 9, brand Caravelle from Brazil, style Praline n/a F. They have leather uppers and they are roomy, I've walked in London with them and they have an 8 cm heel (3 inch +).

Here you see the difference in showing the heel if you sit down or walk (stand still in this case)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

I bought these also at Brantano, I couldn't choose between the two so I bought them together. I've worn them several times in London as they are great. Size 10, Signature brand style Banbury in other materials and 3" heel.

Posted Image

Because I have a big size I went to Magnus in Chiltern Street and bought these leather kneeboots. Size 9 and 10 were tight so I bought them in size 11 and they fit perfectly. You see you can't rely on size alone, so it is very important that you can try them. The ladies were very helpful and if I'm in the neighbourhood, I'm going to visit again. These are their style 3172 with 2 1/2"+ heels (7 cm), leg length 15 1/2" and calf is 14 1/2".

If anyone wants to visit Magnusshoes in person, they are not only on 44 Chiltern Street in London W1, There is also a store on 63 South End Road, Hampstead, London NW3 and say hello to the dog too.

Robert

I do like your naughty boots Bert. Great taste and definitely the kind I would wear. I'm glad to see you got some good boots on your travels here Rob. It was a great shame you couldn't stay over for the get together on the 4th. The second pic is how I used to wear trousers, but I usually go for the hemline covering about an inch of the heel now. Most girls are wearing their trousers an inch or more lower than this, as per the current fashion, but that hides too much I think. Like you, I prefer the onlooker to be able to have a good impression of the heel height otherwise I can't see the point in wearing them, unless one wants to be taller without anyone knowing.