What Color Nailpolish For The Male Toes

heelwearer

Hi, im dont usually post, but i have a question. im an aussie male & im going out of town to have my legs waxed & a pedicure. im planning to take a couple of pairs of my heels along with me, i'm then definately going to take the plunge to try street heeling by putting a pair on after my pedicure & walk right out of the salon in my heels & if i'm feeling daring enough then ill like to try my cork wedges under a pair of jeans. if im to wear open toes then, what color is not to outragous that i should ask to have my toes done with? i do know that wearing open toes & nailpolish on a first time is jumping the line a little, but i have nailpolish on my toes for the past 3years & couldn't imagine them without it. Girls & Guys i would greatly appreciate your input to this thankyou.. Heelwearer

Over the years I have had much input from my women friends regarding this subject. I would stay away from colors like blue,silver, and black. Many men try these colors because they think that they are masculine colors. The truth of the matter is that all nail polish is viewed as feminine and therefore it does not matter what color you wear. All of my women friends agree that if you are going to have your toenails painted that they should be red. Most women wear red polish on their toenails and red toenails are accepted as a classic look. I would suggest wearin a cherry red rather than a bright fire engine red. Everyone will notice the cherry red nail polish on your toes and you will get many compliments from women.

Regards,

Jamie :-)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Hi, im dont usually post, but i have a question. im an aussie male & im going out of town to have my legs waxed & a pedicure. im planning to take a couple of pairs of my heels along with me, i'm then definately going to take the plunge to try street heeling by putting a pair on after my pedicure & walk right out of the salon in my heels & if i'm feeling daring enough then ill like to try my cork wedges under a pair of jeans. if im to wear open toes then, what color is not to outragous that i should ask to have my toes done with?

i do know that wearing open toes & nailpolish on a first time is jumping the line a little, but i have nailpolish on my toes for the past 3years & couldn't imagine them without it.

Girls & Guys i would greatly appreciate your input to this thankyou..

Heelwearer

Jamie :)

Hi heelwearer, If you really want to wear nail polish on your toes then I suggest wearing a very light pink or clear as this probably won't attract too much unwanted attention. Wearing any other colour will get you noticed and as its you're first time then there may be looks, sniggering and un-wanted pointing. So, bear that in mind and good luck :roll: Becks.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

Wearing nail polish is not anymore feminine than wearing high heels. My women friends tell me that they wear red polish on their toes so that their toes will be noticed and they usually wear clear or a more subtle color on the fingernails. After all, why spend the money to get a pedicure if people will not notice your toes? Wearing high heels sandals is considered feminine. The red nail polish adds an extra feminine touch that really completes the look. I have been wearing red polish on my toes for many years and do not get looks, snickers, or pointing. I get many compliments from women on my choice of color. Wearing nail polish is no different than men wearing earrings or tattoos. It is simply a form of body adornment. Jamie quote="Becky"]Hi heelwearer, If you really want to wear nail polish on your toes then I suggest wearing a very light pink or clear as this probably won't attract too much unwanted attention. Wearing any other colour will get you noticed and as its you're first time then there may be looks, sniggering and un-wanted pointing. So, bear that in mind and good luck :roll: Becks.

Wearing any other colour will get you noticed ...

I've been wearing polish on my toes for over 2 years now - right now they're a nice copper colour. I started out with clear or very slightly pink and then got bolder and bolder. Last summer the lady who does my nails had a real nice shade of blue on her toes and I asked her to do mine the same. I wear sandals to work pretty much all summer, and about 3 weeks after I had the blue toes done I was walking with one of my lady co-workers, and she happened to glance down and see my toes. She stopped, and said "You've got polish on your toes!" - I looked down and said "Ohmigod! How did that happen!?" - We both laughed, and then I told her that I figured if I was going to put my toes on display I should at least make them look presentable. She thought it was cool, and said she wished her husband would do the same!

The funniest part was; she made no comment about my sandals, which are sold in the women's side of the stores! I'm working on getting some photos of my various sandals and shoes that I wear - so everyone can see what people can get away with in public!

The bottom line: go get a pedicure and try out different colours - you'll have a great time being treated like royalty (LOVE those leg and foot massages!) and your toes will look great when you're done!

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

With respect Jamie, Heelwear may not be as fortunate as you are to have such understanding friends and strangers!! My advice heelwearer is to test the water and go subtle, then if things go well and you gain confidence then may be you can wear the bolder colours. Of course its entirely up to you, but bear in mind that not everyone is as open minded as those who post here. Becks.

So many shoes & boots to buy in so little time!!

Sorry folks, I'm just a straight, male-clothed street-heeling guy in male trousers and socks, and for me wearing nail-varnish and other girlie thing never enters my mind - for me it's just admiring the girls in heels folks - and wearing them myself! Its just the high heels and that's it! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Larry Here. I Think that its a mixed bag - Personal preference. I Give my wife and I a pedicure at least once a week. I always paint my toe nails in a clear coat or if I feel daring, In a very neutral pearl color. I like my wifes toes in a vibrant red color that shows through her stockings. When we get together I sometines wear the vibrant red color myself with nylons. I think that if I ever got the chance to wear open toed heels on the street, I would like to go for the maximum effect. A color that people would notice. I once saw a man wearing blue nail polish and I thought that he was hiding a nail fungus problem......Just my thoughts.....Larry.

Love those heels!

If I were to be so outrageous as to wear nail polish at the same time as open toe sandals, I would wear whatever color was my favorite in polish--after all if you're going to be that bold, you might as well wear whatever color "takes your breath away". With me that would be either a medium blue or bright purple metallic. I detest "classic" bright red nail polish--on either gender--it screams conservative, no guts, no imagination--it was the only color you could buy before ~1960.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

My girlfriend, the girl in the salon, and I all like bright colors - Revlon's Red Rocks is the current favorite. It's a metallic red. The girlfriend and I wear the same color. In public on vacation, I wore chrome silver - at the beach, in the gym and the showers, etc. No comments from anyone. I have seen one man in bright red and bright blue. No one seemed to notice, or at least let on that they did. I think something looks better than nothing if you wear sandals, especially high heels.

First of all, if you are on the fence about the pedicure, definitely do it. Having your feet massaged and nails done feels so good, and your feet will look so much better. Getting pedicures for men is definitely going more mainstream. Even a clear coat seems to become more acceptable according to my pedicurist. I go for a light pink (vanilla pink). With a good look one can definitely see that I have painted toenails, but it does not stand out as much as red. However, for those that want bright red, I say go for it. Blues and browns and hard colors rarely go on men (as on women)

hi & thanks for all your replies. BobHH i more like the metallic colors & that Revlon Red Rock's sounds areally fun color, i do wear reds, but i don't think red would be for public wear. i am suprised to find that the responses in regards to the blue's as i thought these were the more masculine sort of color to wear. i do like some pink's & am thinking that a light metalic pink or silver, which i often wear would be good for the outing. Loveheel, i have not had a professional pedicure, but i will in the near future, i feel i should enjoy it, by what i am told by all who have had them. i haven't really planned a date for this adventure yet but i could decide & be on my adventure at the drop of a hat. i shall keep the board posted when i do so to tell you all how i got on, even if i dont do it in a pair of open toes but it will be in heels.

Red is perfect for public wear. I always wear red polish on my toes and am always wearing open toe sandals. I have discussed the subject of toenail polish color with many women and the majority of them tell me that if you are going to wear polish on your toes that the color should be some shade of red. Most of these womem do not like the blue, brown or black colors. Red is a classic and you cannot go wrong wearing it on your toes. After all, most women wear red on their toes.

Jamie :-)

hi & thanks for all your replies. BobHH i more like the metallic colors & that Revlon Red Rock's sounds areally fun color, i do wear reds, but i don't think red would be for public wear.

i am suprised to find that the responses in regards to the blue's as i thought these were the more masculine sort of color to wear. i do like some pink's & am thinking that a light metalic pink or silver, which i often wear would be good for the outing.

Loveheel, i have not had a professional pedicure, but i will in the near future, i feel i should enjoy it, by what i am told by all who have had them. i haven't really planned a date for this adventure yet but i could decide & be on my adventure at the drop of a hat. i shall keep the board posted when i do so to tell you all how i got on, even if i dont do it in a pair of open toes but it will be in heels.

• 4 years later...

I just got a pedicure and my feet feel great. I had them polish my toes with red nail polish and a oriental designe on both big toes. I love it. The pedicure was a birthday preasent from my mother which I have heartly thanked her for. I would reccomend anybody to get one, it just feels great.

77r90dL lf

Well folks, with all of my foot and leg problems I personaly love pedicures (ESPICALLYIF THEY ARE DONE RIGHT!!!!) and I love polish, (ESPICALLY FRENCH IF IT IS DONE VERY NATRULALLY!!!) So as to make it look like I take care of myself!!! Regards, Nick!!!

I'm fair-skinned, so I stick to earth tones. Bronze, copper, gold, etc. I'm thinking of doing a natural-semblant pink, but I'm on the fence about it. I'm not really a fan of reds/purples, and silver would look bad on me.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I definately have fair skin, so will try, tomorrow, more of a tone like Daniel suggests...

For your skin tone, gold might work best. It's a bit diva for my tastes, and I prefer the versatility that bronzes offer, but for you it might be best. Try it and see.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Red! If I'd wear open toed sandals in public, I would wear bright red polish on my toenails, cause that's my favorite color. It's also very noticeable, but you should really wear the color you like the most and feel the most comfortable with.

I'm fair-skinned, so I stick to earth tones. Bronze, copper, gold, etc. I'm thinking of doing a natural-semblant pink, but I'm on the fence about it. I'm not really a fan of reds/purples, and silver would look bad on me.

Ah my colors also currently mine are a light bronze.

rx

I choose whatever color by the mood I am in. Since my feet get stuffed into outdoor boots often they last for along time. I just got a pedicure done the other day at my regular spa, I choose a french with a clear blueish top coat which I will be wearing sandals with. This turning out to be my favourite, my stylist also liked the idea so much she has sold the same idea to many others for summer fun. I also like earth tones, coppers bronzes with additional flakes added. I like Opi products the best. Their colors change so often though, once you find one you like next season its history. Toes without polish, I can't imagine it ! Mtns of heels

I use bright red or oink nailpolish fror my toes and my finger nails too. In the summer time me using open toe high heel sandals quite often I always makes sure my toenalis are painted, most of the time bright red. Looking very nice together with sun tanned legs, a short skirt and no nylons.

• 1 year later...

i have a similar question so ill ask here... what if the peep toe heels you are wearing are bright electric blue? surely you cannot paint your nails red or another colour that does not match? i would have thought that the only colour to paint your nails with blue shoes would be blue?