Man In High Heels Spotted!

Dr. Shoe

I was just about to go up the "travellator" that goes up to the roof carpark on the Sainsbury's in New Barnet when I saw a Black gentleman in wedge mules with about a 2.5" heel and 1/2" platform.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Young men trying on heels is one thing,m but they need to wear them outside! Sometimes I wonder about the drag queen factor. Sure, they look like normal boys and go shopping, but are they giong to present as men wearing shoes or boots with heels, or are they going to look like impersonators and do the drag show only? What you need is to encourage regular men to wear the heels with normal outfits. That's just me being curious, I'll run back to the girly section now.

Aw, don't run away Laurie! We like your input here as well! :smile: ...and yes, we need to encourage men to wear their heels proudly, in everyday life! Let's KNOCK that barrier DOWN!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I have seen two men in heels in the last couple of years. One was in an airport (chicago) and was dressed rather extravagantly. The other was in the Hilton in Pittsburgh and was dressed just like any other guy: black pants and short leather jacket. Hopefully I will see one of you guys someday !

There may well be a great many men out there who enjoy wearing heels but are not crossdressers. However, these men are more than likely closeted out of fear that society will react negatively to what they choose to wear, even though guys like us have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that public heel wearing CAN be done, and done successfully. I just hope more guys get the message, any way they can that's it's no sin to wear heels, save but for in the eyes of our narrow minded, gender obsessed society.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Would I yell at you H?! Anyway I saw another guy in heels in Camden (London) recently. About 3 inch block heels, and leather trousers, but believe me, in Camden, it's not that unusual. As for enouraging guys to wear heels with normal outfits that is a very difficult thing to do. Most of the waverers would like to but they are just too afraid of what people might say. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-05-11 14:26 ]</font>

Yes I too have seen acouple of guys in heels in Camden. I once saw a shaven headed guy there a few years ago and a different guy last christmas. On both occassions I was wearing heels too; the first time I was in Thigh boots with 4" block heels that I used to wear to college more often than not and at christmas I was wearing a pair of 5 inchers with a inch platform. On another occassion, I was going into a shop that sells mens' shoes (cowboy boots mostly) on the ground floor along with the leather jackets and then a large showroom in the basement for heeled footwear. A lady stopped me on the stairs and told me that the basement only contained ladies' shoes. Whereupon, I point to my 4" stilettos and said :" that doesn't normally stop me!".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Laurie: I think that if the guys had the guts to try out heels in full view in a store, then they're not afraid to wear them outside. Whether or not they're TV's is pure speculation. Don't be a stranger to this board. I enjoy your unique insight! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I recently saw a man in heels just coming out of a tube station in West London. He was with a woman, and he was wearing some black boots with about a 4" heel and 1" platform. Also saw a guy at a market recently wearing red "ladies" slip ons, not heels but definitely not intended for a male.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

The "drag queen" thing has nothing to do with it. We're talking about shoes worn with typical male fahions or cult male fashion too, no attempt being made to put on a show or impersonate women. I sometimes wonder if I am the only person who does this. Thank god the internet proved me wrong. I have to laugh at how society has dug itself into a hole over something so trivial, and at the people who are so ignorant that they think guys who do it must be gay. I suppose people need to be educated, we do have to take pity on them for being so shallow!

My first sighting in maybe 10 years, and one that could set our movement back 10 years. I saw a man in Yokohama station wearing a gray men's suit with dark red sandals. The shoes had about 2 inch platform soles. The trousers were fairly long hiding the full heel, but based on decades of shoe watching I'll put the heels in the 6 inch range and maybe 1 inch wide. The shoes were either too large, stretched, or poorly designed, or he had very long toes because they were hanging over the ends of the platforms. They looked the way Don Martin of Mad magazine drew platform sandals. The shoes looked as out of place as a bride carrying a carburetor. He walked slowly, taking deliberately long steps, paused and rummaged through every trash barrel, and would have caused a stir even if he had been wearing Nikes. I'm sorry to seem critical but I think we're trying to create a look, not a spectacle. The red sandals, white socks, gray trousers, and unpracticed stride just didn't work. I guess I’ll put it down as an off the scale aberration and keep searching.

The sandals he was wearing were far too small for him which is why he had the "tranny overhang". I don't think that a sighting like this would really set the cause back because most will just think him an oddball rather than a trendsetter.

Actually, most of the "toshers" around here are quite well of. There is one gentleman in particular who cycles around our neighbourhood looking for copper, lead and the like from builder's skips and can often be seen with his bike totally laden. He is well spoken and obviously erudite and I gather makes a reasonable living.

I think it's the term referred to for a dumpster used by builders or renovators for hauling away the debris left over from the project. I saw something like that on "Ground Force" on BBC America, so that's probably what he's referring to.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 1 month later...

No man in heels spotted for months ... and i've been walking in heels up and down London and Brussels during half of the month. Taking busses and tubes, shopping, going to markets, record-shops, flea-markets, watched jazz concerts in Soho squares ... Actually I haven't spotted any other heel wearers (apart from the usual TVs late at night in specific areas). On the other hand, in all the shop i went, i was told they they have regularly male customers buying heels. Are they all closet heels-werers ? Vanessa

• 2 weeks later...

You make a valid point Nicole, but in the end, unless you personally know the individual(s) trying on the shoes, it's still speculation as to whether or not they're TV's. Of course, some would argue that simply wearing heels makes a guy a TV ......... (I'm not going to open up THAT can of worms again!) Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 2 weeks later...

I recently saw a man in heels just coming out of a tube station in West London. He was with a woman, and he was wearing some black boots with about a 4" heel and 1" platform.

Also saw a guy at a market recently wearing red "ladies" slip ons, not heels but definitely not intended for a male.

hi shyguy

which west london tube station did u see this guy coming out of with a woman......???

It might have been me......

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• 2 months later...

I was watching Kylie (of course) doing her "Fever 2002" concert and I noticed some of her backing dancers. Throughout the show they were wearing a succession of kinky outfits in latex, PVC, etc. But it was the outfits they were wearing for two of the songs. At first, they were writhing on the floor with leopard print bathrobes and 4.5" stiletto ankle high granny boots. Next they cast off the robes and they were topless with fishnet tights and purple can-can skirts. They looked great, but you should have seen the girls, they had even higher heels on. Lovely!!!

I was watching Kylie (of course) doing her "Fever 2002" concert and I noticed some of her backing dancers.

---At first, they were writhing on the floor with leopard print bathrobes and 4.5" stiletto ankle high granny boots. Next they cast off the robes and they were topless with fishnet tights and purple can-can skirts. They looked great, but you should have seen the girls, they had even higher heels on. Lovely!!!

Mmmm... I adore Kylie...I wish I had seen that... any pictures available on that?

HH forever!