Candice's Story

Hi Everyone! This is Lucy posting! Recent newcomer Candice has started posting her own excellent Candice's Story on Jenny's Forum, but I noticed that her Introduction is about to drop of the bottom, so I hope she doesn't mind if I now copy it on to here where it will be preserved for everyone's permanent enjoyment, just like Spikesfan kindly did for my early chapters. Here it is then, the start of CANDICE'S STORY: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - CANDICE'S STORY (Introduction) Posted by Candice on April 28, 2004, 20:40:30 Dear Lucy and Members; To start, I am new to this site and actually I am quite new to the Internet. My husband bought me this computer and when he found this web page along with Lucy’s Stories, he suggested that I should contribute. I personally find it funny how two women almost a world apart can have such similar lives. I always claim to be 39 at every birthday but I was born in 1950. I refuse to let age catch up with me doing everything I can to keep my youth from a sensible diet to exercise and fitness. It’s all right to get older but I refuse to look like I am - and a good hairdresser is always a huge help. The parallel comes though in the discussion of high heels and this is why my husband asked me to contribute. Like you Lucy, I have loved high heels all my life. The style I have always chosen is the classic stiletto heel pump (court in England I believe) with a short but pointed toe. The new styles are pretty but many of the pointed toes seem too long. To provide some background I am from Canada and I really began to notice high heels when I was a little girl of about 7 or 8. My mother was a business lady and in the fifties you may recall, it was unheard of for a young woman NOT to wear high heels to work. As probably every little girl did then I would play dress up in her clothes, jewelry and high heels and always dreamed of when I could have my own – it was a right of passage to adulthood. I think I probably nagged constantly and I recall clearly that on my 12th birthday I was allowed my first pair. They were only 2-inch kitten heels but they were mine. It was terribly frustrating though that I was only allowed to wear them to church and special family outings. I also nagged for higher heels but my mother made it very clear that I would have to be 16 before I was allowed anything higher. That was a terrible source of frustration because many of my friends were allowed somewhat higher heels and I began to hate not having at least the same height. By the time I was 14 I had finished growing. I was then and still am 5-feet 4-inches tall and my shoe size depending upon style is 6 to 6 1/2B. My mother wore a size 7B so with a little tissue in her pumps, I could easily sneak her higher heels and wear them outdoors. That was not accomplished with impunity and I was caught and scolded many times but to no avail. I suspect I was a constant source of frustration. But that is another story. I did not really get to wear the heel styles I truly like and still wear today until I moved away from home and went to College but that too is a long story. What was a complete shock to me was that I never really understood how many men like women to wear high heels until I was finished College and had been out working for a couple of years. Oddly the man that first explained that to me was to become my husband when I was 26 and we have been so happy ever since. Well I have probably rambled enough. Lucy, I want to tell you just how much I have enjoyed reading about all of your experiences. Erica, might I suggest that you wear a comfortable heel height for your wedding but maybe get a special heel height for your going away outfit. I did only to say “thank you for loving me” to my new husband 24 years ago. Walking was tricky but he really did notice and show his appreciation.(huge smile of recollection). Best Wishes Candice

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Posted by Candice on April 29, 2004, 15:39:46 THANK YOU FOR MY WELCOME! Dear Lucy, Erica and Lazer; I want to thank you all for your very kind welcome. It is so nice to be a part of this group – my husband also passes his best wishes and thanks. By the way, we live in Toronto, which unfortunately is 2000 miles from Laurie’s home in Calgary. I am afraid that I have to agree with Lucy. I really dislike platform and thick heel styles that have come and gone in the past. I never wore them despite the constant changing fashions. I am afraid that I always remained with the high thin-heeled stiletto pumps even at the times when flat shoes were in style. There were may times when friends and work associates would suggest that I was possibly a little silly but for me, it has always been about my self image and self esteem. I still recall one pair of my mother’s high-heeled shoes that probably affected my choice of style. While I did love wearing my own kitten heels when I was a young teen, frankly they just weren’t high enough to make me happy. My mother had closets full of work heels that I remember were about 3 to 4 inches high. But buried deep in a shoebox she had a pair of silk brocade evening pumps that had been died a deep blue to match an evening dress she had. She had never worn these shoes and she kept them rapped in white tissue in a shoebox in the back of her closet. These were my favorite to sneak out and wear when she was not at home – for two reasons. First, they had never been worn and with her size being slightly too large, with only a little tissue in the toes, they fit perfectly and did not slip. Most special to me though was the fact that these heels were far higher than all of her other heels. I remember measuring them with my ruler and they were only very slightly lower than 5 inches. I always wondered why she had never worn them but to me they were the perfect height. It seemed that the shoe was as high as it was long and my low kitten heels could not achieve this look. I wore these every chance I had. At first I was not stable but it was important to me that I could walk well in them so I practiced at every opportunity and often in front of a mirror until I felt I was doing well. Like you Lucy, I really don’t like tilt my heels inwards to lower that affect so it did take me quite a little time until I felt that I walked in them gracefully. One summer day I recall when I think I was 14 or 15 and I was feeling particularly brave so I decided to go out. I remember having a navy blue skirt and white blouse that I wore for school and the blue of my skirt would match these pumps. After my mother left for work, I put on hose, my skirt and blouse and took her pumps from her closet. Because of these very high heels, stepping into them was always a special feeling. I left our apartment and started walking to the nicer shopping area of downtown Toronto. I don’t think I ever remember feeling more nervous that I did that day but at the same time I really felt special. I also learned that walking on sidewalks is a lot different than walking on the flooring and carpets of our apartment. I could not walk without thinking about the fact that I was wearing very high heels or I surely would have stumbled – and that would have been devastating. I also learned that walking in such high heels was causing the balls of my feet to be very sore. I believe that I had been out about an hour when I clearly needed to get home. For reasons that I now know are based upon self-image, taking these high-heeled shoes off was not an option but still, it seemed then like home was a thousand miles away. I must have lost my focus because I stepped into a sidewalk space that we all know is the bane of stiletto heels. It literally pulled the shoe from my foot. I had to extract it by pulling the heel out with my hand. The heel had only entered the crack by possibly ½” but to my horror it had pushed the silk brocade on the heel up and exposed the heel’s core. I think I almost cried – I was saddened to have damaged these heels and was sure that my punishment would be severe. I put it back on and went home. There I was able to carefully push the silk back down so that it looked proper again but if you compared both heels very closely, you could see that the silk was not perfect on the right one. The other thing that was obvious now was that the perfect black leather soles under the toe area which had been pristine was now scuffed from street wear – clearly a result that a young teenager did not consider. I was certain that I was going to be dead. I rushed these pumps back into their tissue and into the box. For days I fretted that I was going to be found out but apparently she never ever was to wear these pumps because the punishment I feared was never to come. Sadly I never had the courage to go out in these high heels again but I wore them at home constantly. They defined the style I like the best and was to choose after I went away to University. Best Wishes Candice

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Posted by Candice on May 1, 2004, 13:51:12 HOW I MET TED Dear Friends; I did not really know what to write next but I thought that I had mentioned my wonderful husband Ted so much that it seemed appropriate to jump a few years ahead and tell you how we met. I left home in the fall of 1968 to move into residence in downtown Toronto at the University of Toronto and I graduated in the spring of 1972 with a degree in business administration. My college years were fun – terribly poor but fun but I will tell you about them later. When I first moved downtown, I found a wonderful shoe store right across from Eaton’s Department Store. For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of it. It was a family name but sadly I do not recall and even more sadly it closed in the late 1980’s. They only sold lady’s shoes and the vast majority were very high stiletto heels. I often wondered if it failed because too few women were buying really high heels and that was the limit of what they offered. I also remember that their shoes were expensive by the standards of that time. I was a customer throughout College as my limited finances allowed but after I graduated and found work, I spent a great deal of money in that shop. At any rate I digressed. I December of 1976, I was working for a large Canadian Finance and Investment firm in Toronto. With four years service I was pleased with my advancement in the firm. I had a nice income as well as my own apartment in the downtown area. I had not bothered to buy a car since the subway was a 5-minute ride to my office. I was dating some nice young gentlemen but nothing was serious – none seemed to be right for me. At any rate, I clearly remember the date – it was December 2, 1976 and I was to travel to Montreal to meet some associates in Montreal for business meetings. I was very excited in that I had never seen Montreal and I had never been on a plane. The firm was picking up all of our expenses. Fortunately there was still no snow in Toronto so I was able to dress nicely for the flight. Toronto snow can be a large problem at times for high-heeled shoes. I wore a black suit, which comprised a straight skirt, a tailored jacket and I added a contrasting white blouse. I chose my black patent pumps that were relatively new from the shop I mentioned. I actually still have them. They have a nice pointy toe and very slim stiletto heel of 5”. A cab met me at the front of my building and drove me to Malton Airport, which is now known as Pearson International Airport. I walked into the airport terminal and I was absolutely lost – it was huge and I had no idea where to go. I found an information board but it looked Greek to me and I recall becoming quite nervous. It must have showed because suddenly I heard a man’s voice asking if he could help me. I turned and saw Ted for the very first time – he was gorgeous!! A tall handsome airline pilot wanted to help me and I was praying that he could not see how attracted I was to him. He was smiling a very infectious smile and it put me somewhat at ease so I told him that I had never flown before and that I was going to Montreal. He said that he would help me, he picked up my suitcase and we started walking. We made small talk about flying when I clearly remember him asking me if I would like what they call the passenger service cart because it was a bit of a walk and that I was wearing such high-heeled shoes. Ted has always used the full three-syllable description of my heels and I have always loved that about him. That was also the very first time in my life that a man, other than a shoe salesman had ever said anything about my heels. I remember telling him that I was fine in my heels but it also came to me that this gorgeous man was walking at a pace that considered the height of my heels – none of the men I dated had ever considered that before. With all of my prior dates, I often felt that when we were out and walking I almost had to run in my stilettos in order to keep up. When we reached the check-in area and the agent had taken care of me, Ted told me that he would like to see me again and asked if he might have my phone number so that he could call me. I was still a little un-nerved by his overwhelming good looks and I said no. I thanked him for his help and started to walk to my flight. Providence intervened because I looked back and saw this tall handsome smiling pilot looking at me and at my heels and I dropped my suitcase and went back. My business card had both my home and office numbers – I shoved a card in his hand and was so embarrassed that I literally ran away to the boarding area. Between my high heels, the slippery tile floors and the fact that I was shaking all over, I wonder to this day why I did not fall in a humiliating heap. I will write about our first date when I get the chance. Love Candice

Posted by Candice on May 7, 2004, 15:36:36 CANDICE'S STORY - First Date First of all, I want to thank everyone for your kind comments. I am truly enjoying this new experience. This week was rather busy at the office but I wanted to continue to relate how my life with my wonderful husband began. You may recall that in a moment of weakness I had decided to give him my business card but before he had a chance to say anything I had literally run from him. I don’t think I was nervous on my first airplane ride but I remember shaking all the way to Montreal wondering if I had done the right thing. I could not get this man out of my mind. The flight from Toronto to Montreal is less than an hour and I remember that there were three really pretty stewardesses on board and thinking why would this man want to see me again when he worked everyday with such pretty girls. I did notice that they all wore very low heels though and I wondered why they would do that. I had never considered being a stewardess; I had the impression for some reason that they all had to be nurses. It seemed though that with such and attractive uniform, I would have chosen to wear a high-heeled pump if I were doing that for a living. The meetings in Montreal lasted the rest of that day and all through the next. I was scheduled to return the second evening. Fortunately there were a lot of company associates that had a great deal to contribute to our meetings because my mind was elsewhere most of the time. Many of us went out to dinner in an area called Old Montreal. It is an historical area of the city with many of the buildings dating back more that 100 years. The snow had yet to arrive in Montreal so I was able to go with my friends; I had not brought any winter boots so I wore a simple black dress and my black patent high-heeled pumps. A comment Erica made in her diary reminded me that after dinner the men decided that we should walk back to our hotel. We had taken taxis into Old Montreal. It was terribly difficult for me in my heels. Not only was it six or seven city blocks but also Montreal is quite hilly and the sidewalks are very old and uneven. It was also cold and the men walked very quickly. After a full day in 5” heels, my feet were very tired by the time I reached my room. At any rate, I diverge again. My flight back to Toronto arrived late afternoon and I took a cab to my office. December 3 was a Friday and I wanted to make sure there was nothing that needed my attention before the weekend began. Most people had left by the time I arrived but imagine my shock when I found a dozen red roses on my desk. Someone had put them in a vase for me. There was a note enclosed from Ted saying that he had been calling me, would continue to do so and that he really wanted to see me again. My nervousness returned; I remember that so clearly. I gathered my roses and took the short subway ride home. He called that evening about 7:00pm. I had bathed and changed into a simple housedress. I mention this only because I do remember that when I answered and realized who it was, I stepped into a pair of high heels while we talked on the phone. It simply seemed like I should. He was adamant that he wanted to see me again and suggested that we go out Saturday evening. This man was so terribly attractive that the idea frightened me but I agreed. I remember asking what we would be doing so that I might dress properly and he told me that we were going to dinner and dancing. Thank God I had Saturday to shop for a dress. In the morning I just put on a skirt and sweater with my coat and a pair of comfortable plain kid high heeled pumps and took the subway to Eaton’s to find a something to wear. I found a lovely soft pink cocktail dress with a cowl neckline, a full skirt and a nice narrow waistline. I thought it would look nice with black patent pumps but decided to cross Yonge Street to my favorite shop to see if my friend had any soft pink coloured evening heels. He looked at the colour of my dress and suggested a pair of absolutely gorgeous wine-coloured pumps. It might be hard to envision but the wine colour was perfect with the soft pink. These shoes, which I still have, are so special. It’s hard to describe the way they mixed soft suede with the leather in their construction but they also have an adorable soft suede bow on the side above the heel. The heel is of course a stiletto 5” high. La Marca makes them in Spain and I tried a size 36 ½. I have always wondered why European shoe sizes for ladies are such a big number. I tried them on and was so pleased. The leather and suede in them is so soft that these are one of the most comfortable pairs of high heels that I own. They are very low cut and have a short but very pointed toe. I bought them and took them home praying that the snow would stay away so that I might wear them. I spent a lot of special time getting ready. I wanted to look my best. My apartment buzzer sounded right at 7:00pm and although I had been ready for 30 minutes I asked Ted to wait a moment. I was really shaking and I hoped it did not show. I will always remember his smile when I opened the door. He told me that I looked so nice and he sounded so genuine. When we went downstairs on the elevator talking about everything new friends talk about I thought I noticed him stealing glances at my high heels and I remember hoping that he was noticing them. When we reached the front door, he mentioned that his car was parked a block away and that he would get it of I wanted to wait so that I didn’t have to walk all that way in those high-heeled shoes. That was the second time he mentioned my heels and I loved it. I made a point of saying that my high heels were very comfortable and that I would very much prefer to walk with him. He gave me his arm and again I noticed that he walked at a pace that considered my heels. He opened the door for me and I sat down. He took me the Ports-of-Call, a very upscale club that had a wonderful restaurant with a small jazz band and a large dance floor. I will try to write about the actual date later today but I have some office work to complete now. Best Wishes Candice

Posted by Candice on May 20, 2004, 14:28:55 CANDICE'S STORY - Sorry To Have Been Away I want first to apologize for having been away for so long. These past ten days have been so busy for me with work and meetings. But I have been reading the posts with my morning coffee and I am especially happy to feel the excitement that Erica brings as her wedding day nears. May I also take this opportunity to welcome Serenity. I am very new to this site and have felt nothing but warm and appreciative feelings from the others. May your experience be the same. My first date with Ted had been such fun and so terribly exciting for me. As I went to sleep that night, I even allowed myself to fantasize that he might be the one. He was (and still is) so handsome and such a gentleman and I really hoped that he liked me too. I recall not sleeping very well that night; I think I was worried that he might not be as attracted to me as I was to him. But at about 10:00 in the morning he called and we must have talked for an hour. He went on about the wonderful time he had on our date and that made me so happy. He told me that some friends of his were going to dinner and a movie that evening and hoped that I might want to go with him. He said he really wanted me to meet his friends. Dinner was to be at a casual roadhouse style restaurant in Yorkdale Mall and the theaters were there as well. Naturally I accepted; I think I burst with glee when he asked me out again and I remember thinking that if a girl should play hard to get, I wasn’t doing well. He told me that everyone would be casually dressed and that he would pick me up at 6:00pm. Fortunately the Toronto winter snow did not arrive that day either. I wanted to be casual but I also really wanted to look nice for him. I chose a navy blue straight skirt (actually I think you might call it a pencil skirt because it was quite tight) and a plain pink tight sweater. My plain kid leather navy blue high-heeled pumps would go perfectly. They are just a simple unadorned pump with a short pointed toe and a 5” stiletto heel. I was waiting downstairs in the lobby of my apartment when Ted arrived. It was not important to me that I might seem eager; I did not want to play games with this man. His face told me that he was pleased to see me and I saw him notice my high heels. He offered to get the car while I waited but I had a good winter coat which he helped me put on and I said that I would rather walk with him. He offered his arm and we began walking to his car. He said how nice he thought I looked but he also said that he was surprised that I had worn high-heeled shoes again especially since he had suggested casual attire. By the way, he looked so good in black slacks with a gray turtleneck sweater. I simply explained to him that I did not wear low heels so he would have to learn to live with that about me. He laughed and hugged me and this made me really happy. I might also mention that these heels have steel tips so I was clicking quite loudly as we walked to his car and while I did not know it then, I was to learn later that he liked that a lot. Ted’s friends were wonderful. There were three other couples and I was to learn that they were all fellow pilots and their respective wives. It seems Ted was the last single one in the group. I wish I could relate well how nice they all were to me; both the men and the ladies welcomed me into their circle with such warmth. We had a wonderful time talking and laughing during dinner. The theaters were only a short walk through the Mall from the restaurant but there was quite a line up to enter. I was the only lady in high-heeled shoes and I remember that Liz (Peter’s wife and a girl with whom I have maintained a close friendship all these years) commented that she loved my shoes but could not imagine what it must be like wearing such a high heel. I just said that they were very comfortable and that it only took a little practice. Since then she too has become a wearer of very high heels but I will tell you more of that later. We had to stand in line for about 30 minutes before the show and as Lucy and Erica will agree, standing still on tile floors in 5” high heels is probably the hardest thing to do. Ted was very concerned for me but I have to admit I lied and told him that my feet were fine. I was grateful when we finally entered the theater and sat down. I did not take my high heels off but it did give me a chance to move my feet in them a bit and of course, I was soon fine. I must return to some office work now but I will continue this soon. Best Wishes Candice

CANDICE'S STORY "I must try to do more" Posted by Candice on May 31, 2004, 14:41:33 Forgive me for not making the time to submit more of my history but this week has been just overwhelming with work. Ted has been on days off as well so my evenings have been with him. But it’s Monday morning and Ted just left for a few days away so I thought I might add something that I hope you might enjoy. But first I want to thank Lucy for her latest installment, Serenity for her new contributions and Erica for her continuing diary. I do so enjoy the life experiences these ladies offer to us all and I would also like to thank the men for their gentlemanly comments. To Lucy, I laughed aloud when I read about Cedric although I did sympathize with him when I thought how difficult it must have been for a man who cares not for high-heeled shoes in a group that does. Since I did come to realize, albeit a little later than some, how many men appreciate higher heels, I wonder how she got involved with a man who could care less. And for Erica, I was thinking about my first higher heels (higher than 5”) and remembering how I felt I was going to fall forward on my face; but I did love them as they were a gift and it only took a little practice to master them so good luck with them. You will do fine. Your wedding plans are such a joyful time in life and you bring such wonderful feelings and memories for me. You might recall that I was at the movies with Ted and his friends. When the movie ended, we all gathered outside the theatre within the Mall. The stores were all closed and it was quite late, so everyone said their goodnights. Peter and Liz were the last to leave us and I came to learn that Liz worked in the same office complex as I did. We agreed to meet for lunch on Tuesday. The hated winter snow had arrived while we were watching the movie. As a Canadian I do appreciate all our lovely seasons but winters can be very cold and when the snow arrives in quantity, it can make city living so inconvenient. Fortunately only an inch or so of snow was on the ground but it continued to fall in calm winds and large soft fluffy flakes. Ted offered to get the car but again I protested that I would rather walk with him and that if I might take his arm I would be fine in my high-heeled shoes. It was so sweet how he held me as I held his arm. I think he was so worried that I might slip and fall. The snow was quite cold on my toes as some got into my pumps and when I got into the car, Ted started it and did something that surprised me greatly but that I really liked. He took some tissue and bent to remove my high heels. He wiped the heels and the toes and then dried the inside where I had gotten some snow. He dried my toes and warmed them in his hands before putting my high heels back onto my feet. I wish I could express how much I liked this. It was not only thoughtful and considerate in my mind but it was also quite stimulating. I decided to say thank you with a kiss. The kisses became quite passionate and he held me so tight. Had he asked to stay with me that night the answer would have been a resounding yes but after far too short a time, he said that he had better get me home. It was Sunday night and he respected that I had to work the next day. I might say at this point that in 1976, I was no longer a virgin. There had been very few experiences with men but I might also say that I had never before wanted to be with any man so badly as I wanted to be with Ted. During the drive to my home, he explained that he was leaving on Tuesday morning at 5:00am for a three-day trip so we could not see one another for a few days. I was really saddened by this but was struck with an idea and I suggested that I make him an early dinner at my apartment the following night –Monday – and he could still get home early enough to get some rest. He smiled with obvious joy and said he would love to. I decided that I would leave work early to get dinner ready and told him to come at 5:00pm. When we got to my apartment, he walked me to the lobby and kissed me again. I know that the other ladies know the feelings I was experiencing. In the same moment, I wanted him to ask me to stay the night but I also wanted him to leave. He kissed me so nicely; thanked me for another wonderful time; hugged me so tight and left. As I was falling asleep, I decided that I was falling in love with this man and I said a little prayer that he was in love with me. Hugs Candice

• 4 weeks later...

CANDICE'S STORY "My Friend Liz" First posted on Jenny's Forum by Candice on June 5, 2004, 14:24:02 It’s Saturday morning here in Toronto and since Ted is not due home until this afternoon, I thought I might add a continuation to my story. I hope you enjoy it. You may recall that I had mentioned my dear friend Liz, Peter’s wife, which I originally met on a dinner and movie date with Ted. We have been dearest friends all these years. It turned out that Liz worked downtown in the same office complex as I did. While I was in the financial business, she was working in insurance. It was the Tuesday when we decided to meet for lunch. Liz is a really lovely lady. She is taller than I, about 5’7” and very slim with long auburn hair and blue eyes. When we met she was wearing a skirt and matching jacket; she looked very elegant except for her shoes. They had a heavy low block heel and a huge bulbous toe. They were probably the fashion at that time but frankly they looked hideous on her. As we sat and enjoyed our lunch in a nice restaurant in the Eaton Center, she again commented on my shoes. I won’t attempt to quote, but she said how attractive my high-heels were, how much she would love to wear heels if she weren’t so tall, and how much Peter had said he would like to see her wearing them. I told her that her height was definitely not an issue, especially since Peter, like Ted, was well over 6 feet tall and that we should cross Yonge street and go shopping for high-heels. While there was a lot of snow in Toronto now I was fortunate that they had plowed the streets and sidewalks. I had left my boots at work and was wearing my high-heels. While we could access the Eaton Center without going outdoors, we had to walk one short block to get to my favorite shoe store. When we entered Liz just gasped at the styles on display and said that she had no idea that you could still buy such gorgeous high-heels. She was so distracted by all the styles that she asked me what she should try. I suggested that a classic black patent pump should probably be the base-line shoe for every girl so she asked to see a pair in size 8B. When the storeowner brought her shoes to her, he knelt and assisted her in putting them on. It was clear that Liz was really enjoying herself. She looked at her new high-heels and was smiling from ear-to-ear. She stood up and said that the fit was perfect and began walking around the store with greater ease than I would have thought for a girl wearing 5” stiletto heels for the first time. She spent quite a lot of time turning in front of the mirror admiring her new high-heels. Liz told the storeowner that she would take these but that she would like to see more. She eventually bought two more pairs that day, one pair in dark blue and another pair in dark brown suede. The dark brown suede heels were especially pretty and a new style so I bought them too. I was a little surprised when Liz told my friend the owner to throw her old block shoes in the trash since she would wear her new black patent pumps. I guess I had thought she might want to get used to high-heels first. But on the way back to our office, Liz told me that she had really loved high-heels as a little girl but that as she had grown up and began to wear them, both her mother and her sister had told her that she was far too tall for high-heels and that she looked ridiculous wearing them. I thought what a cruel thing for family to say. Liz went on to say that when she had seen me wearing high stilettos, and that her very own husband had said how much he would like to see her in high-heeled shoes, it was heaven sent. Not only was she doing something she had always wanted, it was something that was going to make Peter very happy. I laughed aloud when she giggled a very evil sort of giggle. Liz said that she had never tried heels this high but that she loved how they felt. I had to offer my encouragement because it really was true that she did walk very well in 5” heels. I know that I didn’t notice then but I wonder now if two young women walking through the Eaton Center in 5” stiletto heels got any looks. Remember I had only very recently learned that there were some men that really preferred ladies to wear high-heels, and I had yet to know any save for Ted and now possibly Peter. I will write again soon. Love Candice

CANDICE'S STORY - "Home Again" First posted on Jenny's Forum by Candice on June 16, 2004, 20:40:24 Hello Everyone; I have been away on vacation in Europe. It came as a total surprise to me. Ted had started some of his vacation and came home to surprise me with tickets to Paris. We have toured France, Germany and England and have had such a wonderful time. I had wanted to write something more before we left but there simply wasn’t time to do so with all the packing and preparations that had to be done. I just finished reading all of the new posts. There have been so many and I truly have enjoyed them all. Erica, you seem to be wearing 5” high-heels so much more now and I feel your excitement as the wedding approaches. Lucy, I am so sorry that you lost that pretty shoe. Getting home must have been exasperating – I know the feeling. And Serenity, I am enjoying this exciting life event you relate to us so well. Ted had been away three days and I was so excited that he might be calling soon. It was late afternoon and I had come home to tidy my apartment in the hope that he would be willing to come over that evening. I was casually dressed and working when my buzzer went. I answered and it was Ted in the lobby wanting to come up. He said he had a gift for me. I wish I could relate how panicked I felt. I had changed into slacks, I had no nylons on but fortunately I had not removed my makeup from work. I only had 3 or 4 minutes before the elevator would bring him to my door. I scrambled out of my slacks and put on a skirt, brushed my hair and freshened my lipstick. I had no time to find some fresh pantyhose so I just put my black patent 5” high-heeled pumps on bare feet. I know the girls understand how tricky it is to get your toes wiggled into the right spot when you wear pumps without nylons and I had barely done so when he knocked at my door. He was still in uniform and said that he wanted to see me so badly that he had come to my place straight from the airport. I didn’t even let him get his coat off before we shared the nicest kiss. He held me so tight and so nicely. I noticed that he had a gift for me wrapped in the prettiest paper – he laughed and said that he could not wait for Christmas to give it to me. I took his topcoat but he left his uniform jacket on and I thought how incredibly handsome he looked. We went to the living room and sat on the sofa; he handed the package to me and said that he prayed that I liked the gift. I think I knew that it was high-heels because the box was a perfect size for a shoebox. I was so happy and excited that I think I just ripped it open. Somehow the idea of a man that I cared for so much, buying high-heeled shoes for me was terribly pleasing and exciting. They were absolutely fabulous. A black patent stiletto heeled pump with a terribly thin heel but what set them apart was the scalloped edges all around the shoe. All around the upper, the designer had scalloped tiny little half-moons about ½” in diameter so the entire edge had these tiny little peaks and valleys. They were so pretty but something about them made them look very small. I looked at the size and it said 5 – I almost cried. I told Ted that they were too small and that I wore a 6 or 6 ½. He explained that they were made in the UK and that the size should be right since American 6 ½ was about equal to a European 36 ½ or a UK size 5. I laughed and told him that he knew a great deal about lady’s shoes and when he seemed to blush, I made sure to tell him how much I loved that about him and how absolutely gorgeous I thought these were. I told him I needed some stockings to try them on and kicked off my high-heels. I noticed his eyes and he asked me if I often wore pumps without stockings. He seemed to find it attractive so I said that I did but wanted to try my new ones with nylons first. I ran to the bedroom and noticed that Ted picked up my discarded heels and stood them side-by-side near the coffee table. It only took a minute to get into some nice pantyhose and I ran back. I took my new heels out of the tissue in the box and had to remove some packing that had been put in the toes. They seemed tricky to put on. Not that they were too small but my toes had to curl into them at which point they slipped on easily. The fit was exact. But when I stood, I almost stumbled. Now I knew why they looked so small. These were far higher heels than I had ever worn before. I should point out that I had been under the impression that the 5” high-heels that I had been buying were the highest heels made. I think I blurted out something like “My Goodness, the heels are really high”. Ted seemed to apologize and told me that the style only came in a 4” heel and a 6” heel. He said that he thought I would prefer the higher heel considering what he had seem me wear and also that in my size, it wasn’t a full 6” heel anyway; only about 5 ½”. I sat for a moment and grabbed one of my other shoes and put the heels back to back. It seemed to me that my new ones were almost ¾” higher. Nonetheless I loved them. The style combined with the very thin high stiletto made them gorgeous; I intended to master them. I stood and walked around a bit. Ted was studying me intently. It was far easier to walk on the hardwood flooring than the deep carpet and I wanted to see how they looked. I had a full-length mirror on the inside of my front-hall closet and I opened it to see my new high-heels. I could feel the strain in my arches, calves, and ankles but when I saw how they looked it took my breath away. I think I must have squealed with glee and I told him how much I loved them. He said he was very concerned about the extra heel height but I protested that I loved them and it would only take a little practice to get used to them. I walked to him and sat in his lap to give him a huge kiss. It was clear that he really liked how I looked in these high-heels. But he seemed to push me away and said that he had something else. He reached into his pocket, concealed something in his hand, took my left hand and slipped a diamond ring onto my finger. I was shocked. He told me that he was falling in love with me and asked me to marry him. I was so shocked (but thrilled) that I made some stupid protest about only knowing him for a few days. He told me that he knew how he felt and that we could have a long engagement for a summer wedding and further, that if I decided that I did not care for him he would not persist. I knew in my heart that he was right and that I loved this man. I asked him to wait a minute and I went to my room. I think I was crying with happiness. I got undressed and put on a very sexy long black nightgown that I had bought probably with some premonition of this day happening to me. I also put on my new very high-heeled shoes without any nylons of course. I honestly loved the feeling of these extra high heels. I hope it does not violate any of the rules of this board to say that only my high-heeled shoes stayed on that night. It was the best night of my life to that point. Best to All Candice

CANDICE'S STORY - "My Engagement" First posted on Jenny's Forum by Candice on June 25, 2004, 12:27:08 Dearest Friends; You may recall that I last wrote of my engagement to Ted. I awoke in his arms quite early the next morning. He was sleeping so peacefully and he looked so wonderful next to me. I wish it was possible to express the love I felt for him and knowing that he was in love with me too seemed to bring such feelings of fulfillment. I did not want to disturb him so I slipped out of bed and went to my bathroom to get ready. I just put on a long silk robe, brushed my hair and put on a little lipstick so hopefully when he awoke, I would not look too washed out. I also did not want him to awaken and find me barefoot so I padded back into the bedroom to find my new high-heeled shoes. They were to be found buried in the covers having fallen off while I slept. I slipped them onto my bare feet and went to my kitchen to make some coffee. Again I remember the feeling of the extra height of these heels. Looking at the sophisticated style of the shoe I was so taken with not only the fact that the man I loved had bought high heels for me but also what exquisite taste he had for the style of them. But it was also the heel height that was so exciting. I think I may have mentioned that I had been mistakenly under the impression that I had been wearing the highest heels made for my size and these were obviously far higher. Both Lucy and Erica know that even though we all wear quite high heels as a matter of routine, one is constantly aware that you have them on. Not that it takes concentration, but one must think about how you step and where you place your foot. These heels were so high that it did take me some concentration to walk. I could feel the strain in my legs and ankles. The coffee was brewing and I guess I was practicing in my new shoes because I did not hear Ted enter the kitchen. He had just put on his uniform slacks and shirt. He had an enormous smile and he came to me, kissed me and told me he loved me. What a perfect way to start the day. He said that he wanted to take me out to breakfast and that he needed to run home to change into some civilian clothes. I was so concerned because I knew I was not ready to wear his gift in public. I was still a little unsteady and I told him so. He laughed and said that it wasn’t necessary that I wear high heels at all if I did not want to. This made me feel especially good and I told him that I loved wearing my heels and that it was now so much better for me because of the happiness it seemed to bring to him. He left shortly after and asked how long I needed to get dressed. I asked for one hour and he was to return precisely on time. I decided to wear a black suit with a nice straight pencil skirt. I was going to have to go to work later but it would be a little late today. That was justified I thought – I was a newly engaged lady. I honestly tried to wear my new high heels but as I walked about in them in my apartment along with the knowledge that despite excellent sidewalk snow clearing there might be slippery patches these heels were simply too high as yet. I chose the nice black patent 5” pumps that I had been wearing when we first met. Ted took me to the Sutton Place Hotel restaurant for breakfast and it was a lovely dining room. We talked a lot of our engagement and I said everything I could to make sure he knew how happy I was and how thankful to have met him. He told me that he felt the same way. But I wanted to know where he found my wonderful new high heels so I asked him about them. I also told him that to this point I had been completely unaware that heels were available that were higher than what I had been wearing. He explained that there were shops all over the world that catered to people that like them. He told me more of my 6” heels and that it was possible to buy them far higher; that there were even ballet styles as well as platform styles but that he did not care for the look of those two styles. He said that there were magazines for people that liked to see ladies in high heels and he confessed to being a subscriber to many of them. I made him promise to show me some of these publications and I told him that I wanted to wear what he liked. He assured me that I already did but I persisted in saying that I really loved this trait about him and also how terribly exciting it was to get high-heeled shoes as a gift. He suggested that with my little feet that it might be impossible to wear and walk in a full 6” heel and I laughed because in a way I saw this as a wonderful challenge, a challenge that I felt I could overcome because it was something that my lover would enjoy. I made him promise to find me a pair of pumps with a full 6” heel. Sadly it was already mid-morning and I was so late for work. So that I would not have to get to the subway, Ted drove me to my office and we kissed in the car before I had to leave him. We agreed that we would meet at my place at 7:00pm and plan something for the evening. It wasn’t far from his car to the doors of my office but I knew he was watching me walk away. When I reached the door I turned and blew him a kiss but to be a little bad I also did a little kick of my leg so show off my heels a little. I wonder if this might have been what Lucy calls a catwalk flip. He laughed, blew me a kiss and drove away. Love Candice

• 2 years later...

CANDICE'S STORY - "My Engagement"

First posted on Jenny's Forum by Candice on June 25, 2004, 12:27:08

Dearest Friends;

You may recall that I last wrote of my engagement to Ted.

I awoke in his arms quite early the next morning. He was sleeping so peacefully and he looked so wonderful next to me. I wish it was possible to express the love I felt for him and knowing that he was in love with me too seemed to bring such feelings of fulfillment.

I did not want to disturb him so I slipped out of bed and went to my bathroom to get ready. I just put on a long silk robe, brushed my hair and put on a little lipstick so hopefully when he awoke, I would not look too washed out. I also did not want him to awaken and find me barefoot so I padded back into the bedroom to find my new high-heeled shoes. They were to be found buried in the covers having fallen off while I slept. I slipped them onto my bare feet and went to my kitchen to make some coffee.

Again I remember the feeling of the extra height of these heels. Looking at the sophisticated style of the shoe I was so taken with not only the fact that the man I loved had bought high heels for me but also what exquisite taste he had for the style of them. But it was also the heel height that was so exciting. I think I may have mentioned that I had been mistakenly under the impression that I had been wearing the highest heels made for my size and these were obviously far higher. Both Lucy and Erica know that even though we all wear quite high heels as a matter of routine, one is constantly aware that you have them on. Not that it takes concentration, but one must think about how you step and where you place your foot. These heels were so high that it did take me some concentration to walk. I could feel the strain in my legs and ankles.

The coffee was brewing and I guess I was practicing in my new shoes because I did not hear Ted enter the kitchen. He had just put on his uniform slacks and shirt. He had an enormous smile and he came to me, kissed me and told me he loved me. What a perfect way to start the day. He said that he wanted to take me out to breakfast and that he needed to run home to change into some civilian clothes. I was so concerned because I knew I was not ready to wear his gift in public. I was still a little unsteady and I told him so. He laughed and said that it wasn’t necessary that I wear high heels at all if I did not want to. This made me feel especially good and I told him that I loved wearing my heels and that it was now so much better for me because of the happiness it seemed to bring to him.

He left shortly after and asked how long I needed to get dressed. I asked for one hour and he was to return precisely on time. I decided to wear a black suit with a nice straight pencil skirt. I was going to have to go to work later but it would be a little late today. That was justified I thought – I was a newly engaged lady. I honestly tried to wear my new high heels but as I walked about in them in my apartment along with the knowledge that despite excellent sidewalk snow clearing there might be slippery patches these heels were simply too high as yet. I chose the nice black patent 5” pumps that I had been wearing when we first met.

Ted took me to the Sutton Place Hotel restaurant for breakfast and it was a lovely dining room. We talked a lot of our engagement and I said everything I could to make sure he knew how happy I was and how thankful to have met him. He told me that he felt the same way. But I wanted to know where he found my wonderful new high heels so I asked him about them. I also told him that to this point I had been completely unaware that heels were available that were higher than what I had been wearing. He explained that there were shops all over the world that catered to people that like them. He told me more of my 6” heels and that it was possible to buy them far higher; that there were even ballet styles as well as platform styles but that he did not care for the look of those two styles. He said that there were magazines for people that liked to see ladies in high heels and he confessed to being a subscriber to many of them. I made him promise to show me some of these publications and I told him that I wanted to wear what he liked. He assured me that I already did but I persisted in saying that I really loved this trait about him and also how terribly exciting it was to get high-heeled shoes as a gift. He suggested that with my little feet that it might be impossible to wear and walk in a full 6” heel and I laughed because in a way I saw this as a wonderful challenge, a challenge that I felt I could overcome because it was something that my lover would enjoy. I made him promise to find me a pair of pumps with a full 6” heel.

Sadly it was already mid-morning and I was so late for work. So that I would not have to get to the subway, Ted drove me to my office and we kissed in the car before I had to leave him. We agreed that we would meet at my place at 7:00pm and plan something for the evening. It wasn’t far from his car to the doors of my office but I knew he was watching me walk away. When I reached the door I turned and blew him a kiss but to be a little bad I also did a little kick of my leg so show off my heels a little. I wonder if this might have been what Lucy calls a catwalk flip. He laughed, blew me a kiss and drove away.

Love

Candice

:o I can't get enough of thisstory, it's very good, What a super guy you have there. I'd like to be in his place, and if we could both wear them wowee!!!

;)

Muddypaws