Put a Face to the Name

Heelfan

Heelfan - looks like all your early hard work might be for nothing - the pics hosted on the original upload site (Bpalma's server?) are no longer displaying :-(

Emma

I noticed this a few days ago when a lot of empty boxes with the red "X" started appearing in many postings. Even my avatar and signature were affected.

You can no longer access the old upload server site http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/images anymore.

Time to start using the new upload site at http://www.imagehost.org/. I'm using it for my avatar and signature.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

im still trying to get my camera's to work the pics of my 5" heel i JUST managed to get with my nokia 3650 (nice size pic...huh) but on saturday im getting one of the new age series 60 nokia smartphones...the nokia 6260 and if its camera is as good as the 3650's i will be sending you my pic soon if not i have another camera on its way.... I have a heel fetish and a technologie obsession...now if that doesnt make me weird/different/mad/etc....i dun know what does J

Oh I don't know, sounds normal to me! I love high heels and technology myself. I've got all sorts of gizmos.. My most recent ones have to do with music. iPod, MP3 CD player in the car, etc. I don't get the pedel pumping pictures, but I must admit, I do like cruising down the road in my car with the music cranked up with a pair of high heels on. Purrrr... Jinxie

Hehe, actually the new iPod fixes that battery problem. They get up to 12 hours of battery life these days depending on if you use the shuffle function or not. Very nice anymore :-? But, to put this OT.. I'm trying to get brave enough to put a pic up on here. Perhaps when I get my corset. I"m just so camera shy, but oddly enough an exhabitionist in public. Now go figure that one out. I just hate how I look in pictures most of the time! Jinxie

Hi Emma and everyone! Thank you for pointing out that my hours of compilation of everybody in "Put a Face to the Name" have now come to nought - red crosses! (hence the famous expression noughts and crosses!). A few days ago, I thought all the red crosses could be due to my own particular computer maybe being out of adjustment, but as someone pointed-out, even avatars (like Firefox's own) have gone too. So I think Emma's probably right - that Bpalma's photo server is to longer serving. I know he closed it to additional INcoming pics, but maybe he's now pulled the plug on the whole thing. If this is the case, it will be wiping out HUGE numbers of shots in threads throughout these forums, and detracting from many members' contributions. I think the best thing I can do is to put this fairly major problem to the all-knowing Firefox, so I'll copy this posting to him as a PM. Firefox - We all understand that Bpalma got fed-up with his service being abused for non-forum purposes, and why he closed it to further entries. However, if he's "pulled the plug" on the serving of existing pictures, does he realise how badly this is affecting countless existing threads and avatars thoughout Megaforums? So, would it be possible for all of you moderators to either: a) Ask him if he will consider resurrecting at least the serving (outward photos) side of his service., or B) Could his store of members' photos be downloaded from his server to the Forums's new replacement service to resurrect the service that way? Either way, all of the members' hard work and photography could continue to be appreciated. Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!