My 61/2" heels

Anne_Louise

I've achieved a mini victory today, the kind that only people like the ones who vist this site could truly understand. Well, the mini was the skirt, but the all-important victory was the shoes. I wore my new(ish) 61/2" heels yesterday, the first time that I've worn them for work since having those horrible plastic tips (which lasted about three days) replaced with metal, but I have to admit that, partly because both of my visits involved walking downhill over not too smooth paths to the houses, I was very (pleasurably) conscious of my heel-height. However I enjoyed wearing them so much that this morning, knowing that I wouldn't have to be standing for long periods, I wore them for another visit. The victory is that I got up to go out to the car and completely forgot which shoes I was wearing - it didn't register until I changed into my driving shoes. I love wearing them so much that I can't bring myself to take them off! I'm sorry about the breathless excitement, but I'm feeling so pleased with myself! Where will it end -7" next obviously, but 71/4"? 71/2"? I asked somewhere else, how high can my size 8's be expected to go? Does anyone have any experience? And I refuse to wear even the thinnest platform. And what gave me an extra 'buzz' was knowing that the young man I had been interviewing was watching me to the car - and I had been really wicked by wearing some lovely seamed nylons! If I hadn't found this site I might never have dared to go higher than 6" so thanks to all you who have encouraged me without even realising it! Love, Anne Louise

Hi Anne Louise You are obviously excited writing about your 6 1/2 inch heels and the probability (not possibility) of going to 7 inch heels and higher. I want you to know it is most contageous. I and I am sure most of the members who read your posting will share that same excitment with you. It is a pity you dont want to purchase from "6 inch heels forever" as they make a genuine 7 inch heel and maybe higher in your size. I know because I have asked them. Looking forward to when you do get some 7 inch heels though and your reports on wearing them. Love Jeff

Congratulatons, Anne_Louise :roll: I'm sure the young man you were interviewing was completely captivated, if not totally tounge-tied, by your elegance. There is a great deal of satisfaction from learning to wear and becoming proficient walking in heels over 5" high. However, I believe that after achieving that milestone, wearing heels that high as part if their normal workday dress, becomes less important to any woman as their focus returns to being more comfortable and less attention demanding. Most women, in my experience, are more interested in achieving a comfortable, fashionable appearance, coordinating their shoes and handbag to accent the total look. Heels for daytime appear to be between 2½" and 4" with heels between 3" and 4" for more dressy evening events. I've only been to a few events where one or two women wore heels over 4½". I personally have never seen a women wearing 6" or 7" heels outside of the house. And, being proficient in wearing 5",6" and 7" heels myself, I have personal experience of the difficulties facing anyone wearing heels that high. So, while understanding the effort that goes into achieving the goal of wearing 7" heels, I also understand how impractical they really are for normal everyday activities. Keep up the excellent effort, Anne_Louise. You are truly a jewel.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Anne_Louise, Congratulations on your success! I do understand your excitement! I wish I could do the same. People probably look at you like 'Wow, that's amazing!'. If I would do that just for the same feelings and excitement that you have I would be ridiculed. But, anyway, people might only be made a bit more sensitive to the topic that it is all about the shoes themselves and the wearing of them. -- Hopefully I got this across not being a native-Englishman. CU! -Mike

Vicky, thankyou, and what a challenge! The only thing is, you are young and beautiful and I am old(er!) and, well, somewhat less than beautiful. So you would get all the attention - and I don't think I want that! However, if I could bear to risk being shown up by you, a scarlet leather scoop-neck fitted dress, tightly tapered over the thighs and quite short, about 8" above the knee; a matching red peplum jacket with three-quarter sleeves and turn-back cuffs, with black leather elbow-length gloves; black fully-fashioned gloss nylons, black patent pointed courts with red 6" heels; lots of chunky gold jewellery and a quantity of perfume. Here I go, too much detail again! And if you are size 14 and about my height, we could swop outfits part way! I love yours! Paul, I've known him a long time - he's used to me! Love Anne Louise

Vicki I am sure you said some time back that you work in or own a shoe leather and latex shop. Or maybe I am thinking of some one else. But if this is correct maybe you could invite Anne Louise there and let her shop until she drops. :roll: Jeff

Hi AL! Looks like a great look - could it be follow by a photo to show?? Please :roll: JayZee :)

"We don't stop playing because we get older - we get older because we stop playing" (with high heels - JayZee)

Vicky, there aren't any shops near me who would have anything higher than 41/2", or at best 43/4", and I don't like the modern style stilettos anyway, so virtually all my shoe shopping has to be by mail-order. As for stockings generally, I wear all sorts of colours, though mainly tan/bronze, chocolate or black, always glossy/shiny if possible. JayZee, I've had a lot of good advice about photograph, when I mentioned it on another thread, so one day I might manage it - I really do intend to, but it might be a little while.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been wearing my 61/2" a lot as the weather has been so warm, but it's chilly today so it's back to wintery clothes including, yes, those heels! Not just for work this time though, I had some shopping to do, nothing exciting, just groceries and things, and I was able to park quite close to the shops so I thought I would risk a broken ankle! I still can't walk as easily in them as I should wish, and I shouldn't like to have to carry too many shopping bags for much more than the two hundred yards or so back to the car, but I managed without making a complete fool of myself (I think)! If the weather stays cool I shall wear them more and more, and those 7" are now beginning to beckon! I've kept the 61/2" on ever since I came home, I'm enjoying them so much, and feet permitting I shall wear them later for work. I feel so pleased with myself!