Are You Stuck In High Heels?

Anita C.

Are you 'Stuck In High Heels"?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Are you 'Stuck In High Heels"?

• 4 weeks later...

Amanda,

It's a choice to stretch I think. Of corse it will give pain later. But that’s the lifestyle choice I think? I do sport a lot but I do not stretch. I want to be stuck I think? Stupid? Yes probably but after some point you don't want to go back.

Love Esther

It was never a conscious "lifestyle choice" for me. It's something that happened over several years. It sort of crept up on me.

Sometimes I would like to "go back" but it seems to require more pain and effort than I'm prepared to spend. At least at the moment.

A

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Each year the word stuck in heels certainly is more correct. A couple years ago I spend more time at home lounging without shoes but now besides showers, long baths and swimming and the ODD night in bed I have heels 24/7

• 1 month later...

One of the lucky few to be born with a natural foot arch for a 3" heel. Which I can go to and from any heel heigth at will and with no practice. Also been wearing heels since I was born..just what my mother got me. I can even do a full on run in heels...though not a sprint. Walking in heels is THE best way to work on balence next to Ballet.

Lucy, I couldn't have put it better. I voted 'yes' because mentally I am stuck in heels and always wear them whenever I need to look smart or even 'smartly casual'. I also love long walks in the country or the coast, and then I wear hiking boots or shoes. It is true that, because of my years of heels, I need some support, but most good hiking footwear seems to have a bit of a heel anyway. Even so, after a walk, especially if there is a lot of steep uphill, my calf muscle let me know of their presence! I simply can't be in anything flat or nearly flat for any length of time - even the mules I wear around the house have 21/2" heels and if in bare feet I usually walk on my toes. From my postings elsewhere it's no secret that I want to go ever higher, and now that I'm wearing 61/2" sometimes my 51/2" do seem amazingly low! But Lucy, you are so right, by making sure of some variety in heel height I can still get that thrill that can be had from putting on even 5" heels. Added to that, when you look in the mirror you can see how whatever outfit you are wearing is transformed by the heels into something special.

Love,

Anne Louise

I agree with you. I also use at least 5 cm heels, even at home. But I have no pair higher than 12 centimeter.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant where anything higher than 4 inch heels. Usally I like 2 to 3 inch. But I also am stuck in heels. I wear pumps to work,slip on a pair mules with jeans when I get home and some satin slippers with heels at night. I buy flats but never wear them. In the summer I do love flipflops.

• 1 month later...

No, I am not stuck in the technical sense, but I think that I would like to be. I do everything in heels but sleep in them, and no, I do not stretch my calves. I get some soreness and feeling of awkwardness when I walk flat footed now and so far I am fine with this. Of all the things that I might miss if I have my way, I think swimming would be it. I think I will give it a while and see were this adventure takes me. I find it hard to believe that I could truly get stuck to a point were I could not stretch my way back down.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to vote no, because I don't feel I'm physically stuck. I really love wearing high heels and I do so as much and high as I can. But I also love to workout, swim and go to the beach. OK, the workout is not love, but more a necessity :). And in the summers I like to hang out in the garden, play with the dogs and stuff which are all better in sneakers, flats or even bare feet. But I'm definitely stuck in a mental sense. I can't live without them and there's almost no day that I do not wear them at least part of the day. But I don't take showers in them :) as that sounds just impractical and unhygienic. Although the idea turns me on; weird, right? There's something about only being able to walk in 5" or higher that just turns me on. Part of it of course has to do with our BDSM play and doing it for 'Him' is part of the thrill. Although that still does not explain for me what it is that turns me on and why... so if anyone has some ideas, please.... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmm, I've never experienced any pain in my calves.

But yeah, your feet arches normally after consistenly wearing high heels. I love it. It's cute and just plain sexy. I love it how the toes arch just slightly too, but not too inwards. Then it gets pretty gross.

be careful. the point of no return is easyly reached. and than you will end up "gross" and stucked.

yep, i am stuck too. i started wearing heels with 11 years and threw away my last flat shoes at age 15/16. i like the look of my cute feet in superpointy stilettos and had nothing to complain about beeing stuck. but my fiancee complains about it. he wants me to be able to follow him on his golf course in his county club. his friends thought, that i am a little strange, when i showed up with 5" stilettos. so please, who has the pill, that makes it possible to easyly switch between ugly and beautiful shoes again?:) its amina, yep.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I will admit to being "stuck in heels" I began wearing heels as a preteen and as I got a little older went from occasional wearing to daily wear. I am fortunate that my mom who always wore heels taught me how to find shoes that fit properly, have good quality leather and had the correct arch and not simply a slope from the toes to the heel. While she never encouraged me to wear heels she never discouraged me from wearing them either. She was adamant that if I was going to wear heels that I learn to walk properly. As she always said heels draw attention to both the wearer and her feet and if you can't walk in them with style and grace you only look foolish. Mom BTW is now in her early 60's and still wears a 4" heel routinely and has no problems with her feet. I must unfortunately admit that my Achilles tendons have shortened despite admittedly limited efforts to stretch them out. About the lowest heel I can reasonably tolerate for a sustained period of time is 2 - 2 1/2". I routinely wear and am most comfortable in a 4" heel but occasionally will wear a 5" for a special occasion but only for a limited period of time. Princess

• 1 year later...

I will admit to being "stuck in heels" I began wearing heels as a preteen and as I got a little older went from occasional wearing to daily wear. I am fortunate that my mom who always wore heels taught me how to find shoes that fit properly, have good quality leather and had the correct arch and not simply a slope from the toes to the heel. While she never encouraged me to wear heels she never discouraged me from wearing them either. She was adamant that if I was going to wear heels that I learn to walk properly. As she always said heels draw attention to both the wearer and her feet and if you can't walk in them with style and grace you only look foolish. Mom BTW is now in her early 60's and still wears a 4" heel routinely and has no problems with her feet. I must unfortunately admit that my Achilles tendons have shortened despite admittedly limited efforts to stretch them out. About the lowest heel I can reasonably tolerate for a sustained period of time is 2 - 2 1/2". I routinely wear and am most comfortable in a 4" heel but occasionally will wear a 5" for a special occasion but only for a limited period of time.

Princess

Hey, what a cool mother you have! I wish I had a mother like yours. What kind of shoes have you started with and which size? Are there special shoes for preteens?

Were your feet still growing since you started wearing heels so early in life?

It is an interesting theme, I think. Maybe we can PM about it.

love

susi

• 4 weeks later...

A definite no. I typically wear heels when i socialize, go out for dinner, etc. I like being able to wear tennis shoes and have long walks with my family. Wearing heels to a sandy playground with my 2yr old, or chasing him around the house in heels just doesn't work :wave:

for me after 18 years wearing heels almost daily streching and wearing lower heels some days keep the flexibility there,but its so easy to become stuck with very tight tendons and this is not a great idea with a busy life style.

shaz

• 2 weeks later...

I am not stuck in the conventional sense. At least I still have a bit of a choice. I have had a love of heels for years and this interest has had a way of just sneaking up on me. Flats are uncomfortable to me now and I am down to my last pair anyway. So, unless the event calls for worn out summer sandals in the pacific northwest then I am going to be in heels. I do wear medium heels to work but I am never out in anything less than 2 inches. Strangely the only thing that keeps me in heels everyday is the fact that I am only willing to buy heels in the first place. There are moments when I feel a "practical" bug, but they never last long enough to get to the shoe store. So my morning options include heels and...

• 3 months later...

Thankfully, no! I love wearing heels as it makes me feel feminine and pretty, but I like to kick back in sneakers/flip-flops every now and then to let my feet cool down. I was in 4" heels for 35 hours straight once (awake and 90% of the time on my feet), after that experience I knew I coulnd't live in them!

• 1 month later...

My "normal" wear and tear 3.5" sandals broke 2 weeks ago :smile: We were on the way out the door, going to the beach and I suddenly realized I didn't have any other shoes that I would let get messed up. In the back of the closet was a pair of tennis shoes I've worn only once, years ago. By the end of the day, my feet and calves were killing me. I made my husband stop at kmart and I bought the highest, reasonably pretty heels they had. Whew! The next day I bought 2 pairs of new 'play' sandals and chucked the kmart garbage in the trash. I guess I'm stuck in heels. But not complaining.

• Like 1

I threw the last of my flats out about 4 years ago. Aside from the ones I wear for driving. I get the same sort of pains in my feet and calves if i walk around barewfoot or in flats. it's like a sort of tearing sensation. not pleasant at all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting closer and closer to being stuck. On the increasingly rare occasions I walk around in flats I can certainly feel it in my calves, and even my shins. It's still possible to walk in flats, but, for example, after a shopping trip a few weeks ago where I wore ballet flats for a day wandering round the shops, it was a relief to get home and slip some heels on for an hour or two in te evening. Felt like my feet were finally in the right position! Alexa