Training Advice, give your opinions

Laurieheels

I seem to have a problem. I am quite distraught because I am stuck with one pair of shoes for work, and I end up wearing them every day. It isn't enough variety for me. Should I ditch the idea of five inch heels every day and switch pairs more often? This would mean having to wear some three inch heels for a few months until I can save up for new shoes. I know, get leather, but I can't afford man made materials, this will make it a bit longer for saving and a bit longer with one pair of five inch heels suitable for the season. And those shoes are already showing a few signs of wear, scratches and the like. I need everyone to help focus me. How should I go about this? I can't wear one pair of shoes all of the time. Yet how do I continue to develop my skills for five inch heels and beyond? I admit, I am a bit depressed, and I feel very much the stereotypical self centred girl right now, worried about shoes and fashion and making everyone happy. What do people think? Everyone's advice is welcome here, so post!

Your own words explain what to do... "I can't wear one pair of shoes all of the time. Yet how do I continue to develop my skills for five inch heels and beyond? I admit, I am a bit depressed..." This may be sacrilegious on this board, but I think you're heading for disaster with your feet if you wear 5"+ heels eight hours a day and weekends. I believe everything in moderation is usually best. Variety in your heel heights will not only help your feet, it will help your disposition. And the folks around you will enjoy the variety. We know which days will be special. EVERYONE will have something to look forward to. IMHO.

I think you've got to start hitting the thrift shops, Laurie. I'm not sure if you have them in Calgary, and let's face it you are not going to find many 5" heels, but you may find some more 4's at a cheap price. I know you like to try them before you buy, as you've said before, so ebay or whatever is not an option. Also I find them really good for other types of clothes like odd jackets, velvet etc. I often visit the charity (thrift) shops in the UK. I can afford to buy new, but I'm not a proud type of person and I've no problem with second hand stuff, especially when it's for a good cause. Also those car boot sales (garage sales) ae useful for getting bargains. I also enjoy the fun of hunting for what I want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-29 02:49 ]</font>

Maybe try going down 4 inch heels every 3 days or something. besides having more varity of shoe, it will also prevent you to have any foot problem. :smile: If you really want to stick with that shoe, maybe try to be more creative. Something it maybe be putting a small flower on your shoe or just spickle some gold dust to your shoe . (anyway it's just my opinion)

Hello Lauriheels I would be happy to help you out by buying and sending you a pair of 5" heels. The only thing that I would want would be for you to post a picture of yourself wearing them. I know shoes cost money, but for some reason I cannot resist them. Do you like ankle straps ? What color ? Over the years, I guess that I have bought and given about 150 pairs of shoes and 4 pairs of boots. I Love seeing a woman in a dress, nylons and high heels. Let me know. Mark

Fox, the thrift shops here are boring at times. I may check into it. I do know, however, that the good stuff is snapped up by the staff when it first arrives, and then everything goes out for the public to buy. Also, going for size ten and eleven will make it a bit more difficult. I'll still try when I have time. Mr. Ponytail. That is a tempting offer, and maybe something I would take up for people as a service one day, but not today. Wow, that would be surreal, people sending me things, and I use pictures as payment... this is a whole new internet industry just ready to explode. Now, can someone send me lobster, and I promise to have pictures taken, me in heels, preparing lobster. There's an interesting area of service industries.. Hey, a girl has to eat, and shoe leather may not be tasty.

Well... if you are ever seriously interested, let me know I will send you a lobster. For possible future reference, do you want one shipped alive? Or I believe there is a place in Maine U.S. that deep freezes them for shipping. Forget that one. I want to see you cook one alive with out it's rubber bands over it's claws!!! The adventures of Laurie in heels!! The great kitchen crustacean battle!! :smile: Any way a more a more practical solution. How abut a temporarily part time job?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hoverfly! It's not about hours or paycheque. It is about life, and life having a lot of difficulties that I need to help with. A part time job will just steal my free time and work me to death. Then I will not be here posting! Besides, I have enough stress with one job for a big company. I don't need to struggle through anything else. Now, as for lobsters, alive is best, but I only know one way to kill a lobster, and that is a plunge head first into boiling water. The trouble being, I would prefer to steam the lobster, so do I just drive a knife through the brain? If I am in heels, you can imagine my first inclination would be a stiletto into the lobster to get it to stop attacking me. And those claws are dangerous! A pincer and a crusher claw, and I could be going to the hospital if Pinchy has no bands... I think I will need Lobster, shoes, and some hazard pay for this one...

The quick way to kill a lobster is a spike throught the head, just behind the section between it's eye stalks. There are some animal rights people who find it cruel to just drop them straight into boiling water. Another way is to have the water warm, put your lobster in and then bring the temperature up. Lobster is supposed to go to sleep in these circumstances, then he won't wake up! :smile: It works on crabs too! Please don't use your stilettos to crack the lobster open when you're eating it. You'll make a mess of the shoe! B) Enjoy!

I said TEMPOARY, not a life time commitment. :smile: Hear is another one. Suck up to those who you want to give gift certificates to you on your B-day. I bet you would have more success getting your male coworkers to donate to your B-day B)

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I like the idea of alternating with some 4" heels you already have best. It makes the most sense. It doesn't require more funds, it yields more variety, and best of all, it's free! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

On 2002-03-30 18:48, hoverfly wrote:

Hear is another one. Suck up to those who you want to give gift certificates to you on your B-day. I bet you would have more success getting your male coworkers to donate to your B-day :smile:

That's not going to happen. Male co workers are not noticing my shoes, just my hair. Everyone notices my hair. No one noticed my shoes. I may get shampoo and conditioner and some peroxide for touch ups...

And likely, co workers will take me out for Sushi before getting me gift certificates. Which is fine as well. B) The doctor did say I need to have more salmon for the Omega 3...

I am starting to like the lobster idea a bit more. B) And if I mess the shoes by using them on the lobster, I can post the pictures on a fetish site. maybe sell them for big money! Some people like that sort of thing.

I can just imagine it now... Sign up now folks! Only $10 a month or $30 for 5 months gives you access to our exclusive members only area. In our latest photo set, your favourite model, Laurie, undertakes some particulary savage actions with a taser against a lobster purchased from a thrift shop. An absolutely stunning sequence of shots where Laurie's high heels and exciting interaction with the lobster will have you begging for more...

I think it's better to rotate shoes as you may find yourself heading to a podiatrist in a few years. It is very hard on your feet to wear 5 in. heels, and doing it 5 days a week for such a long amount of time mustn't be healthy.

So many shoes, so little time...

Jezebel, you are right, but until life turns around and I can buy more shoes, I don't have much choice. I change shoes during the day, and wear differrent heel heights at different times, which is a start. But I might end up having to wear my Oxfords to walk to work and then my courts for work and change again for the walk home. This will limit my choie. At least I am not in five inches from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed. I wouldn't be ready for that.