Added benefit of high heels

loveheel

I went to a Blondie concert last night wearing some HH boots. The night club (Avalon in Boston) was packed so we had to stand for hours. While I often walk in heels outside I have never stood in them for hour. Ouch. My feet were killing me by the end of the night. Now I know what women go through when they wear high heels to parties where they have to stand for a long time. Any advice on how to deal with this ? I tried shifting wait back and forth and that helped, but after two hours even that didn;t seem to help anymore.

One major benefit of the heels was that I had a great view of the performance. I am 5.10 without heels, so with the 4 inch heels, I towered over most people.

A nice thing about heels in nightclubs is that a)noone cares what you wear since there are much more extravagant outfits than a pair of heels on a guy :D It is too dark so see much anyway.

All in all a fun experience. Below are the boots I was wearing.

Posted Image

I bought them at Aldo a few years ago.

Is Blondie (Debbie Harry) still around. She was quite a looker in the late 70's and early 80's. Grat disco tunes.

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

a few years ago I went to see KISS here in Perth, Western Australia, and the amount of people wearing plats (both sexes) was quite suprising! but I didn't have my avatars then :D but I'm NOT going to see the them again as I saw them on their "Farewell Tour"! Deborah Harry doesn't look that god now! later, TXT-1

I know this is supposed to be the high heel board, but what was the gig like?!

Emma

She was great. I love that kind of edgy rock stuff. She msut be in her late 50's by now, but still can put a crowd on their feet.

Now, KISS, that must be a concert, where you stand out if you DON'T wear heels.