activities in heels

terayon

I tried biking in heels a few times. Found some problems: 1. The pedals I have are plartforms with ridges. Not pins. The thin sole on shoes are not good. Clip(less) pedals... are dangerous. I prefer to bail out ASAP if something's gonna happe (ie rocks, trees, humans, etc.). 2. ZERO waterproofing. Vancouver is wet. I'll bet London and other places in the UK are wet as well. Wet and cold is not the way to go. Might be OK for road biking.... sometimes.. but I ride every day, so heels are a no-no. 3. I go mountain biking almost twice a week. I live near mountains, I live near woods, etc. I ride through woods, and muddy terrain.... waterproofing would come REALLY handy. And since I'm a poor starving student :D, there are only certain solutions which are available to me. That's about it. And heels don't have as muhc grip, making them dangerous. I don't like it one bit. As for skateboarding.... I can't. I don;t. The only thing I MIGHT do on a board is snowboarding, and heels don't exactly fit....

Once all us high heeled ladies from the bar played a basketball game for charity!

Needless to say it was held outside on a concrete court.

We raised over $500!

I thought that was only in a TV commercial. BTW, I think the heels were glued to their feet. (IMHO).

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

i dunno how the laws are in uk, but here its craziness, you dont have to stop at lights or stop signs and nobody does...only real rule we have is you gotta wear a helmet if your under 18, but ive never heard of anyone charged the $50 cops are supposed to give out for it....*meh*

I'm not a 100% sure but I think you will almost certainly find that in MOST states of the USA cyclists have to stop at lights and stop signs. I know this because in at least one film an American has been arrested for not stopping at a stop sign. It's a matter of safety.

I think the film was "Bigfoot and the Hendersons". (A cyclist claimed he had been attacked by Harry but later admitted that he had jumped a stopper and was promptly arrested.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few bike-related pics from my archive of over 6000 heel pics. I have no idea which sites they came from, or if any are copyrighted - if they are let me know and I'll remove them immediately.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

As a shyguy myself, I have found that one of my favourite ways to get out in my 5" stiletto boots without being recognised is to go out on my motorbike at night. I sometimes forget I'm wearing them only to be rudely reminded when I come to a halt and need to put my foot down! :D I dread to think what might happen if I were to have a serious accident, be knocked unconscious and be carted off to hospital. The nurses/paramedics would get the shock of their life when they remove my helmet to find me inside!

If you're interested, my favourite is the girl with the whip sitting by the Fireblade. Get rid of the cigarette and the picture would score 10/10...

Anyway, I hope you like the pics.

Its easier for me to wash the windshield at a gas (petrol) station in heeled boots--I can reach all the way to the other side without having to walk around to the other side. I have also ridden my bicycle the 1-1/2 mile to school in 4" heeled boots. Actually quite comfortable.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

High Heeled Sub:-) Have been driving in heels quite a few times recently, but doing house chores (vacuuming dishes, etc.)-- haven't tried that yet. I do watch tv in heels and I'm wearing heels now as I answer this post. I have on my Harley-Davidson (Female) Biker calf-high boots with a 3.25" block heel as I'm typing away now. I have slept nights in panties, pantyhose, bra, girdle, slip, and Penwoir and nightgown set many times, but not recently, and never in heels. BTW, the biker boots are black leather. I have a question--- might be off-topic a bit--- Are those your legs in your walking avatar on your post in those spike knee-high boots? How high is the heel? Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!