activities in heels

terayon

Just tested out of my curiosity. It is rather easy actually to ride a bicycle (not to say a bike) in heels. Instead of using my heels when I wear flats on the pedal, I placed my arch unto the pedal and cycle. Just put a bit of strength and it will move....hahhaha :smile:

cycling not too difficult, skateboarding! forget it! I can't skateboard anyway :smile: though I don't recommend that you try with heels higher than 3" for cycling as there's not much room for your foot. And as for slipping!

I've ridden a bike many times in heels. The correct technique is sole on the pedal as normal; it's more efficient that way. Other thing I have done in at least 4" heels include pool, air hockey, bowling (not ten pin!), skittles, frisbee, driving/video games, driving, hiking, shopping, pub crawling, and most other activities you can think of :smile:

Have not tried this before. But I think cycling on a bicycle with stiletto heels should be alright. However, engaging in sports with heels... may attract a lot of unwanted attention... :smile:

Cheers,

Nata

This series of posts reminds me of the advertisements for Pirelli Tyres which ran in Britain a few years ago. It showed a male black athlete waiting on the blocks at the start of a race wearing a pair of very high red stillettos. The slogan was "Power is nothing without control" Can anybody remember this advert - It was certainly eye-catching on the advertising hoardings. Happy Easter everybody

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Hi Calvin, I still have a picture of that, it's Carl Lewis in heels, I'll try to post it later.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Judging the left shoe, I think he lost.. :smile: That heel is in very bad shape.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Hi, yes I've ride a bicycle several times in heels, it's easy exept when the trafficlight jumps on green, then I have to accelerate with the pedals right before the heels. Once I'm on the right speed I use the sole. Chip7X, the videoclip of Natalie Imbruglia with her song Wrong Impression shows her cycling through the street in what I think 4 or 5" heels. Unfortunately you don't see much because of her jeans. You can download it with Kazaa. _________________ Robert <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert on 2002-03-29 22:53 ]</font>

I'm cycling most days of the week and if less than about 15 km each way ride in 2 1/2 to 3 inch boots with a spike heel. As Firefox advises, usual technique, sole on the pedal. No trouble at all. Now if only I could get rid of these Comfy Loafers on my message - did I do something wrong when I registered to get these. They are a pain for my flat feet and I'll just lurk rather expose myself to these uncomfortable things.

On 2002-03-30 01:42, Anonymous wrote:

you wait cause of a traffic light when your on a bike!?!

Cyclists should be acting as if they were driving cars. If not, then they have no rights for sharing the road, simple as that. You can't demand respect and then disobey all of the rules, heels or not!

That's just not cool.

So what do you do if you are riding an unlit bike at night and you jump the lights? It's not just the rules you bend! The road traffic act applies to ALL road users.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Today holiday Easter Monday I cycled (obeying the rules) 110 km or 68 miles in 3 inch lace up stilettos (if high enough to call them that). No problems but I think I have more power in lower heel height. Not bad I thought approaching 60 age.

i dunno how the laws are in uk, but here its craziness, you dont have to stop at lights or stop signs and nobody does...only real rule we have is you gotta wear a helmet if your under 18, but ive never heard of anyone charged the $50 cops are supposed to give out for it....*meh*

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure this qualifies, but I have put air in my car's tires while wearing stiletto heels. The positioning is certainly different from wearing a low or flat heeled shoe. When I wore three inch heels all of the time it ewasn't as awkward, but now with four and five, the position one has to take and still control the skirt factor can be a bit tough on the legs. Hardly extreme, but still different and challenging.

• 1 year later...

Once all us high heeled ladies from the bar played a basketball game for charity! Needless to say it was held outside on a concrete court. We raised over $500!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

My girlfriend has been riding a bicycle for a couple of times while wearing heels... she said it was actually very comfortable :-) I have been driving my cars a lot in heels and I vaccuum, do the dishes and all sorts of other chores around the house in heels (5" - 7" without platform). I also wear heels a lot when I am behind my computer or watching TV :D O and let's not forget sleeping in heels!!!!!!!! :(:(:o:D hhs