Cinco de Mayo - Cinco Inchos Heels

verngentleheels

I went out to dinner tonight - in Sacramento California ( To the rusty Duck to those who know the area). Wore my leather pants and my boots with 5" heels (with 1 1/4 inch platforms). Cinco de Mayo is a huge event here (not bad for a day to celebrate a minor victory where the Mexican Army defaeted a much larger French Army at Peubla) which funnily enough is not a big deal in Mexico (Just like St. Patrick's Day is a big deal in the US, but nothing in Ireland) - I guess distance makes the heart grow fonder. Anyway I was in the bar and realized I was wearing about the highest heels there. The Anglo chicks were in sandals and flip-flops - but at least one was wearing some kitten-heel flip-flops (some heel is better than none! :D ) but the hispanic chicks were at least wearing decent heels. One very cute one next to me was wearing 4 1/2 inches with about 3/4 platforms - wow! woo! woo! - very nice but I've seen the boot before, desperately want it - but it doesn't come any larger than a US Women's 10. :D We exchanged flirty eyes, but her boy friend was larger than me and looked more like he was cut from the same cloth as out Governor Arnold Schwarteneger so I had to behave. Sorry for the length of this post, but it was a great evening and I wanted to say it was another reat occaision for street-heeling. Vern

Completely off the heels subject :D ,but continuing dr.shoes surprise :D .ST.PATRICKS day in EIRE(or Ireland if you can't read gaelic! :D ) It Is Bloody HHHHHHUGE :lol: .I know,you should try getting into a pub there,Its even harder to get OUT again,such is the hospitality! :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I also find it amusing that there are more people who claim to be Irish in the USA then the population of Ireland. *shrug* Guess I'm one of them (family name of Flynn) Although, we American's tend to latch onto any other cultures celebration.. We're just searching for a reason to party :D Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Ok, Jimc & Bladerunner! I'm of Irish/Scott heritage too! Granted, there's also English and Apache Indian in there too but WHATEVER! This was Grandpas' favorite joke: Do you know where a good Irishman goes on vacation? :D To a different pub . . . (rim-shot). :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: Couldn't resist! :D Namaste', Anita O'C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I also find it amusing that there are more people who claim to be Irish in the USA then the population of Ireland. *shrug* Guess I'm one of them (family name of Flynn)

Although, we American's tend to latch onto any other cultures celebration.. We're just searching for a reason to party :D

Jim

There are actually more people living in Greater London than in the whole of Eire (at least it seems that way!). I read somewhere that there are definitely more people of Irish descent in The UK than in Eire. If everyone with Irish ancestry living in the UK were to return they would have to build so many houses it would no longer be the "Emerald Isle"!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think that applies to the average Brit too! They spend a small fortune going on holiday (US=vacation) to some exotic island somewhere and then complain that they can't get sausage, egg and chips or their favourite brand of beer!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

OK. For a brit of a certain social standing Sausage Egg and Chips is a must-have meal. For US palates substitute french fries for chips and imagine the eggs easy over you have for breakfast. Go to some resorts in Europe and the street will resemble a british street with all the bars and cafes advertising british fare. Hope this makes sense.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

That breakfast is rather standard fare here in the USA, too. Only difference is that we usually don't eat french frys (chips) with our sausage or bacon and egges. We usually have soft-fried potatoes. Take a potato and microwave it for about 6 to 8 minutes. Heat bacon grease in a skillet and slice the potato into small slices into the hot grease with some onions. Salt and pepper to taste and cook untl they are golden brown. Try that with your Sausage and eggs. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...