Interest - What is everyone into?

Hello. (sorry I post so much. I'm very quite and shy in real life so I guess that makes me want to be talkitive online.) What is everyone here into? I'm kind of a geek to be honest. You know the type that never has had a gf. I'm into video games, anime, asian culture, computer science (programing, web design, construction and repair, graphic arts and design etc...), and techno music.

It's all good. ~Arron.

I like computer games, I've just rediscovered how fun the original "Carmageddon" is (I have the entire trilogy), never had a girlfriend either but that doesn't worry me :D, I like driving my Tamiya TXT-1 (1/10 scale, Radio Controlled (shaft driven) Monster Truck, (Yes it's a TRUE monster truck as it has solid (live) axles!) and my farm hack a March '77 Datsun 120Y (sold in the US and europe as a Datsun B210) which is known as "The Defect", I also like listening to IRON MAIDEN! (especially when doing a wicked 4WS assisted donut (usually on gravel :D ) with my TXT-1 or in "the Defect" on wet grass! later, TXT-1

lots of things but mostly computers airplanes and of course high heels and other minor stuff like music, tv an the like later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Yep into pc's (using, building and repairing)too, and retro consoles and computers like the old Spectrum, and Amigas and Atari etc. Play online a bit too, mainly unreal Tournament and UT2K3. Also an american car enthusiast but can't afford one anymore (had a Pontiac Firebird with chevy v8 and a Ford Torino) Also considering a motorbike as I have a full license, maybe an old British bike like a BSA or Ariel to restore. Thats about it.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Golf, internet, shoes/boots. I'm also part owner of a golf club as well as developing privately 2 new build houses with a colleague, plus my day job, so I don't get time for much else.

What am I IN TO? Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . (clik-clik-clik as Auntie paces) :D Music - jazz, standards, some Latin, Anything written by Johnny Mercer, vintage clothing and lingerie' from the 60s', conspiracy theories, Italian cars whos' names end in "i" :D , fried scallops served with shrimp, home fried potatoes, croissants and two big ears of corn on the cob! (Those of you fortunate enough to live in Boston and know of the "No Name" know what I'm talking about!) :D ,Tanqueray and Bombay Sapphire :drinking: , a well made pair of 5.5" Stilettos, foot, leg, neck & scalp massages, going out to breakfast in sequins & stilettos after you've closed down the bar, nighttime city sounds, taxi rides and moonglow. Yeah . . . that's pretty much it. Namaste', Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

BOOTS!

What do you mean this is the wrong thread? :D

Seriously though:

My Wife.

Steam railways, real and model.

Sunny beaches.

Vogue Pelle.

Strategy simulation games.

The internet.

Chinese food (well any kind of food actually)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

My husband said he'd like to have you AR15 mk4625! He likes to go shooting and used to be in the military. I try to trip him up with gun pictures when I find them or when we see one in the movies. It's hard to do! I'd never shot a gun until I married him. Surprise surprise since I grew up in a state that you have to have an FID card just to buy mace. Oi! JinxieKat

Nice one mk4625, I'm more of a dog person but I do plan to get an AR-10 in a little while, my boyfriend has a ar-15, but I prefer longer distance shots. I've also got a glock 27/33, and a folding stock winchester 1300 *grin* I've been into video games for a while, picked up a playstation for GTA, and have been playing Socom-2 recently. Also into Jeeps, still have yet to really stretch the legs out on my TJ.. local terrain is not a chalange. As far as heels go, I like boots and very high heels, especially ballet boots, but a good 5-6" heel is very nice :D Almost got some 6" knee boots but the shape of the boot wouldnt let me lace up past my ankle.. darn.. oh well. Scuba diving would be another interest, just had to take a break due to medical reasons but I have a planned dive with my b/f down in key largo on the spiegle grove later this month :D Have a good one Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Jim, I also have an AR10(T) and consider it to be of higher quality construction than the Knight SR25, although I have nearly been lynched for saying so. The SR25 has the imprimatur of the late Gene Stoner who designed the original AR10 in the 1950s. Also my impression after shooting both is that the SR25 is slightly more accurate out of the box. However I don't think these justify the higher price.

The picture shows a fake Delta Elite model made by tarting up an ordinary Colt Sporter with the same accessories.

Jinxie, try quizzing your husband on these. I have the rifles, but since I don't have a digital camera I'm using scanned images.

Hakim (Egyptian version of Swedish ag42)

Posted Image

Madsen

Posted Image

Valmet model 76 .308

Posted Image

Michael

Allu, everything shown is semiauto, except for the Madsen which is manually operated. Full autos are unfortunately illegal for private ownership in California.

I have both a model 76 and Valmet "Hunter" (I think it's called Petra in Finland). Other than cosmetic differences they are essentially the same rifle.

My model 76 is not the same as the Rk76 shown in Finnish books such as Palokangas' Sotilaskäsiaseet Suomessa. However for unknown reasons it is called "model 76" in the US. It appears to be a shortened semiauto version of a machinegun that Valmet Oy tried to sell in the 80s.

Is it full automatic or semiautomatic.

I have used full automatic assault rifle http://www.mil.fi/maavoimat/kalustoesittely/00042_en.dsp while I was in military service. Powerful weapon and easy to use.

Michael

I guess I left out a few things/details, I'm also trying to learn how to DJ right now as well as learn to play guitar, I also do a lot of digital - type art. (Photoshop, gimp etc...) I hope to one day get into photography. More details about me being into computers include construction and repair, web desing, some programing, I'm and overall computer geek. And some people have asked what anime is: Japanese Animation.

It's all good. ~Arron.

I have strayed from being an official computer geek just so I didnt have to help solve -every- problem that came up within 3 generations/2000 miles of family :roll: I do know a Dr friend of mine who has quite an extencive collection of Anime, I was amazed when I saw his wall o videos.. none of them translated to english, since he is Japanese :) Btw, starting a heels+guns thread so we don't take over this one *grin* Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I have both a model 76 and Valmet "Hunter" (I think it's called Petra in Finland). Other than cosmetic differences they are essentially the same rifle.

My model 76 is not the same as the Rk76 shown in Finnish books such as Palokangas' Sotilaskäsiaseet Suomessa. However for unknown reasons it is called "model 76" in the US. It appears to be a shortened semiauto version of a machinegun that Valmet Oy tried to sell in the 80s.

Waw, never known that we have sold rifles to the US...!

Surprising what you can learn from a hh site :roll:

What's all the fuss about?

Very interesting question ........ I'm into ...... - seeking financial independence - taking care of my girlfriend - playing my guitars to relax - researching over the internet (this has replaced library visits for me) - managing my internet business - managing my home and condo - high heel pumps, pantyhose, off-the-shoulder minidresses, miniskirts - watching certain television shows, mostly documentaries, biographies, history, science, true crime detective, along with some of the older situation comedies and game shows.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Great question, now lets sort out an answer: Heels (of course!) Clothes and fashion Transport by any means (except space) I am also interested in old vehicles and jointly own a 1961 and 1948 single decker bus. Travel and visiting different places (fits with my job as a truck driver) Photography, especially of trains. A real mixed bag of interests :roll:

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

• 1 month later...

Okay, my turn. I'm into: o my sweet girlfriend o high heels; nylons; skirts; long polished nails; leather-, patent- and latex clothing o computer (building, configuring, repairing) o TV sets (repairing) and audio power amplifiers (designing, building, repairing) o watching movies (want to have a small movie theater in my house's basement at some time (selfmade, of course)) CU! -Mike

• 2 years later...

My fav Bond films : OHMSS 1969 (damn shame people can't accept Lazenby...this is a great movie dare I even say nearly a masterpiece) DN 1962 TB 1965 TLD 1987 (great adrenaline rush....this Bond is gritty and no-nonsence ! The funny scenes doesn't go over board either) FYEO 1981 (down to earth after Moonraker) LTK 1989 GF 1964 (it's great but not nessesarily the best...) YOLT 1967 (1st I ever saw...yeah , it's OTT/comic book nature , I do enjoy it though) TSWLM 1977 (rehash of YOLT , very quick paced movie...essentially Goldfinger of the 70s) OP 1983 (this deserves more cred imo) LALD 1973 (Seymour was top as Solitaire...a hottie :rocker: MR 1979 (some silly stuff , I love the graidose scale of it though) FRWL 1963 AVTAK 1985 (guilty pleasure :biggrin: GE 1995 (music not the best) TND 1997 DAD 2002 TWINE 1999 (didn't care for the plot , the villain & the girls) TMWTGG 1974 (as funny as an upset stomach....this could've been good but rushed production :irked:

WOW! Where to start. Well lets see,Heels of all sorts and more heels and more heels. My 1980 hot rod chev.silverado with a blown out 402 big block that I've been building for about 7 years,Got a bunch of guns too.Not a geek, just learning computors, little over a year now but having alot of fun with it.Body building for about 10 years, got my own gym. Love to run and work out. Into health and fitness and am a personal trainer. Water skiing, roller skating, and anything that keeps me young. GF helps with that alot.

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...

I think the list ain't complete, but here are some: 1) Electricity and electronics, and general DIY. Currently I tamper a lot with old tube amps, but I also make some new ones. I can also repair transistor audio equipment and tube radios. I also like collecting and using vintage audio equipment, and listening to music using vinyls and reel-to-reel tape rather than CDs or MP3. 2) Fashion, with Gothic and alternative tendencies. This includes leather and heels too. I ain't keen on mainstream fashions at all. 3) A bit of computer science, but I can't label myself as a computer geek. 4) Chemistry- I loved it since primary school. Now I study it at Technical University of Lodz. 5) I also loved reading books, but unfortunately I wound down a lot. Well, perhaps I should register at a library? 6) Maybe it's not an interest per se, but I've been always good in English. I passed my CAE examinations.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Well---Let's see now---so here goes--- Interested in all things mechanical since day one. I have taken apart and repaired all things from a pocket watch up to automobiles and everything in between. There is nothing I like better than to take something apart that doesn't work and repair it and have it serviceable again. Mickey says that I'm a "Pack-rat" and squirrel everything away and seldom "ditch" anything. I have been known to beat the garbage truck around the neighborhood and find shelvings, cabinets, and fans to bring home to use and for spare parts. I have been wearing heels since the age of 12, crossdressing since 12, and doing those activities for 60 years now. I started out as a 12 year old girl and have progressed to a woman of 72 years in the process keeping in the day-to-day fashions used by women along the way. Mickey says that I remind her of Mrs. Doubtfire, only more convincing. I have had many compliments on how good and how much my legs look like a womans through the years and just recently receive a couple more. I'm a James Bond fan, have seen all of the films, Some more than once, an have recorded at least a third of them on tape. Been into steam railroading, both real and models, for 65 years. Also been collecting Lionel, American Flyer, williams, MTH, restoring and repairing trains, and making models for the same length of time. I am very much into antique autos, enjoy drag racing, fast machines, and fancy and fast cars. Cars of all ilk from the oldest and rarest to the oddest and latest machinery. I really enjoy woodworking and working with my hands. There is nothing finer than the smell of freshly sawn wood. I have built everything from models to a full sized building. All of these things mentioned here have been self taught through the years. One of my favorite authors is Clive Cussler and his fictions and non-fictions. Robert Balliard comes in a close second as reading about sunken ships, historic ships and their history has caused me to enjoy reading as a great past-time. And of course you know that I'm on the HH PLace a lot. There are probably a lot of other things that will come to mind later but I can't think of them now. I must take my Aricept now for my memory. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I play guitar, and have for many years.. I'm not very good, but it is my favorite way to blow off steam. Mostly Blues, classic rock, and rockabilly. Like DawnHH... I'm into anything mechanical. Mostly old cars and trucks. I drive what might be considered a "rat rod", and I love it to death. I love to be on the water. Beached up on a sandbar just swimming and fooling around, or offshore trolling for the big ones. It's all good. Much of my time now is spent keeping the family business up and running. Dad's getting up there in years and he's about halfway retired now. And, finally... Searching for the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. So far, she's been quite illusive.

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.