INTRODUCING Elle.coms reactions to men in heels

kneehighs

Hurry! Check out this forum

http://www.elle.com/idealbb/forum.asp?forumID=1&sessionID=0843C72D1B754D1EA9A7839D1BE9ABAE

It's a forum largely populated with female patrons (I assume the greater majority are female). It's the same topic that I posted on Style.com. Remember, at Style.com the forum moderators deleted the thread. So hurry and lets see what the women have to say!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to laugh at the one and only reply. If prince is gay, why does he date some of the world's most beautiful women?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yeah, right? Besides, what evidence is there that Prince is gay? And what evidence is there that this user's information about Prince is accurate? That user has over 3,000 posts at that forum! Anyhow, I'm predicting about a 50/50 split in opinion among the forum members there. I think that 50% will be in favor of tolerating men in heels and 50% will be opposed to the idea of men in heels. Will give it a few more days for more data collection though.

Prince is not gay!!!

He is Tri-Sexual......he f*...anything!

Apparently ELLE's members are a bit more open-minded.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Perhaps more members of this forum should weigh in with comments on the situation (then, we will see how quickly they "slam" the door on the subject? :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Did you guys read this gals posts? She thinks that a man wearing heels takes the cake and is GAY! What????? That is just so ridiculous!

there seem to be people that don`t mind an people with very closed minds as well, i think , if they say a man is gay just cause he wears heels they need to wake up an smell the coffee, cause the world is changing and if they don`t it will leave them behind. i can`t stand people that label others "gay" just because they do something or wear sumthing out of the ordinary, like heels. the are just stupid if they think fashion can only go one way, when it clearly goes both ways. if women can wear mens clothes/shoes/jewellery, then men can wear womens stuff as well. better stop before this gets to long. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

forgive me if i misread, but the majority of responses from the women are negative, and the only ones in favour are the original poster, and someone called jamie. Rather disheartening to read such babble, but also rather annoying! What the hell has a pair of shoes got to do with sexual orientation. Its just daftness. Why cant these people just stop for two minutes and realise that all negative labelling of something different does is hurt peoples feelings. It doesnt affect anyone else so why all the fuss.

People today really don't devote much time to ceberal exercise. It appears that in today's society there has to be some short catchall explanation for people that dance to a different drumbeat and elect to express themselves in ways that aren't recognized by the mainstream. The catchall phrase is "they're Gay!." Short answer, explains everything -- even if it isn't true. Doesn't require expenditure of a lot of brain power to analyze the situation, just flash recognition of the condition -- and, it's explained away with all the negative stigma and stereo typed impressions attached to the it. Which adds new emphasis to the Ted William's old saying: "if you don't think to good, you shouldn't think too much."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You heard of cave men,i think some of these ladies must be cave women.What sad little,shallow minds they have.Variety is the spice of life,if they think everyone here is gay who cares! Labelling people is just so BORING.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Honestly, who cares what they think on their board? It doesn't change my love of heels. One of the problems we have today is we are constantly trying to get justification, or permission from people to act in a way we feel is o.k. Everyone on this board knows it was men who originally wore wigs, heels, hose, make-up (French Renaissance anyone), and men who first wore platform heels (60's and 70's), in fact i know several girls who now own plats that they pinched off their dad's. Imagine the horror of those on that Vouge (vague more likely) board if they saw little johnny pinching mum's old stilletto's to wear out cause their "soo cool, and soo in man". Girls are given an exceptional amount of fashion freedom, and are ever pushing the boundaries of their sexual freedom as well. Just look at the amount of girls in kakhi's and camo's with man style cuts worn with army style boots, who think nothing of having crushes on the likes of Angelina Jolie or Pink and would love to park their man clothes under said celebs bed for a night. I can only hope that the closed minds of this world are rudely awaken one morning when little Johnny not only rocks in looking like like his sister, but announcing he has a mighty crush on the likes of Colin Farrell or Johnny Depp, before turning on his 4 inch spike heels and marching off down the street to hang with his "homey sisters" who just might get together for a threesome only Jerry Springer will understand! BTW i am a happily straight hetero sexual who thinks that we should have our own parade to promote our sexuality and freedom just like every other bloody feminine or gay group seems to hold somewhere in the worl on a weekly basis. Maybe a million man march in heels will wake up the world. Give me that damn red pill and kick Alice out of wonderland, we ain't in Kansas no more. BC>>

Guys - I still think we're doing it to ourselves. Instead of being content with just wearing conservative heels, it goes like this (from the post on the other board): "And the list goes on and on... There is no article of men's fashion that is off-limits to women. There are even articles in prominant fashion magazines that describe how women can incorporate men's wear into their wardrobes. Are all of these women gay??? On the other hand, men's wardrobes are very drab and lackin any form of self-expression or style. Are all men that wear earrings gay? I prefer chunky high-heel sandals. I get professional pedicures every two weeks and wear red nail polish on my toes..." The second to the last sentance is fine. I would imagine your average uninitiated reader was probably thinking, "hmmm - this is interesting, and he's got a good point." But when the poster mentions the pedicures and red nail polish... How to put this delicately... ? Can't be done. Let's just say that right then the poster totally undermined his own credibility with the average reader. If he'd just left off that last sentance, he'd have made a great case! Folks - I'm all for total clothing rights. But please take things one step at a time! Therein lies the road to acceptance.

Here's my reply on Elle. Hope it flaps the unflappables:

Hmmm... Tell me the guys on the left and right aren't plucking eyebrows... [:0]

Let's face it - rock stars from Elton, Twisted Sister, Steve Tyler, Prince - the list goes on and one - have set the stage for alternative clothing modes, including heels.

In fact, wasn't it The Bangels that were the first women to wear sneakers on stage? Oh, no - that was Joan Jett.

Dudes and dudettes - you're as glued to the times as your grandparents.

Get unstuck!

I couldn't resist one more post:

<blockquote><HR>

On 5/3/2004 11:37:52 AM Baby Phat wrote:

<blockquote><HR>

On 5/2/2004 10:32:38 PM Jeri wrote:

I am an open minded person, but I am sorry, men in heels? hell no! it is gay...like Candy said!

Tattoos were never masculine. People in other countries have been doing it for centuries men and woman. My greatgrandmother who is from honduras had a bunch of tribal tattoos. And men wearing heels is gay I would slap the dog shit out of my man if he ever attempted to take me out like that.

<HR></blockquote></p>

I love open-minded people - they're educable, particularly with respect to well-known and well-established facts like skirt and dress (er, "robe")-wearing men were the norm for many thousands of years (just watch Brad Pitt in a mini-skirt as Achilles...) until some nut within "Christiandom" decided on slacks as the only acceptable standard, but not before the last rebellion against standardization in France, wherein men set the fashion standard for heel wear. But the Pope still struts in a full-length dress (er, "robe"). Go figure.

By the way, I enclosed "Christiandom" in italics to set it apart from reality. You know reality - the one where Jesus wore a dress (er, "robe").

Wassa matter - didn't you see "The Passion?"

Oh, grow up, people - fashion is contemporary (meaning it changes all the time, for both sexes). As someone earlier mentioned, just look at guys wearing earrings.

And NO, it doesn't mean we're gay. If you persist in your delusions to the contrary, I'll introduce you to my wife who'll slap you back to where you belong.

[:sun:]

- Gene'

Now this Elle forum is really getting me burned!

Here's another quote from what I posted (by the way, I own the copyright for my words - not Elle):

<blockquote><HR>

On 5/3/2004 1:40:32 AM candy wrote:

I think that yes it's possible that it's a two way street.&nbsp; IMO any woman that would wear faded hair cuts and mens clothing on a regular basis has the potential and more than likely would be considered to be the man in a lesbian relationship.&nbsp; True alot of women or actually let me say "young girls" wear baggy (saggin) pants and that is tacky and very unlady like IMO... however most of them I would not consider lesbians but rather tom boyish.&nbsp; There is a difference!!!&nbsp; But a man in high heels, sorry it just takes the cake... There is NO WAY you can defend a man wearing heels in an american environment... that is more than doing waaaay too much.&nbsp; IMO no real man would wear 3-4" inch stilettos and expect to get the respect that men want, that men need to feel like a man and not a female.&nbsp; It's just not being realistic.&nbsp; It's being way too different and could possibly be hiding the truth.&nbsp; Perhaps a closet gay?&nbsp; If they don't think that it's gay then maybe they just don't know they are gay yet!!!

There's cultures where men where dresses, at-least that is what I have heard.&nbsp; I've seen it once but couldn't actually tell you the culture.&nbsp; While this is different, I guess it would be acceptable if that's your culture.&nbsp; But that's something else.&nbsp; IMO the only time I would consider it acceptable for a man of american culture to wear a dress is if he was burned on the ass and had no other choice in order to heal.

It's gay, and if that is how you want people to look at you, then I suppose it's ok!

<blockquote><HR>

On 5/2/2004 11:08:54 PM jamie001 wrote:

As I said before, it has nothing to do with being gay or straight. Btw, What do you thing about women wearing men's clothing and other fashion accessories. Do you believe that it is a two-way street, or do you believe that any women that incorporates items from men's fashion into their wardrobe is a lesbian?

Intelligent reply wanted:

Regards,

Jamie :-)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

<HR></blockquote></p>

<HR></blockquote></p>

You wrote, "There is NO WAY you can defend a man wearing heels in an american environment."

Happens all the time. You probably didn't notice it because we're wearing 34-inch inseams. And it's actually about 4-1/4" heels...

And by the way, I don't wear them to "feel like a female," any more than a women wears pants to "feel like a man."

So get a clue or two.

And you also wrote, "there's cultures where men wear dresses." Get another clue - not only are we going global, where the dress and culture of others are being adopted for ones own, but US of A surfers in Hawaii are wearing sarongs because it's cool. German, British and English men are wearing heels because they simply f****** want to (and "gay" has absolutely nothing to do with it, closet or otherwise).

Historically, many promiment, God-fearing men have worn dresses, including the Pope (ok, "robe"), Jesus, Gandhi, Budha...

The list is endless.

And by the way, I feel very "male" wearing a skirt, especially since men have worn skirts throughout the majority of recorded history. Your assessment of it as being "gay" is a staunch affront to my genetic background, wherein a very long line of family members for thousands of years wore very similar clothing.

You pseudo-masculine feminists are incredibly quick to demand total clothing rights for yourselves, yet are ready to condemn men because we choose not to conform to a pattern of dress that did not exist prior to just 400 years ago, which is less than 5% of the recorded history of mankind.

Talk about fickle... Sheesh! Get back in thy dress! Cover thy head! Get thee to a nunnary! Fasten thy chastity belt!

Or grow up and smell reality - and live and let live.

Your choice, over...

Ok - one more from my SO, then I'll quit for the night (and probably a few nights):

<blockquote><HR>

On 5/4/2004 11:34:48 AM Baby Phat wrote:

<DIV>OMG you can't be serious&nbsp; you'll ain't really in here arguing about what sex can wear dresses and heels. What is the world coming to. What ever floats your boat is okay with me but if my man ever stepped to me with that shit he won't be my man anymore. If that offends anyone I can careless cause I want a man, a straight up thug, a tupac ready to die, and not in no dress and heels./idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif LOL. JMO&nbsp;the same way&nbsp;he wants a woman not in no mens suit and baggy jeans.</DIV>

<HR></blockquote></p>

Fine - restrict your "man" to the "Tupac" ghetto classic. That is certainly your choice.

I'll restrict my "man" to the best of the best of what the world's been producing for thousands of years.

By the way, you'll have to learn a new language. In other countries outside the very limited United States they're called a number of different things other than "skirts and heels."

- Gene's WIFE (who's got a real man, unafraid of what a few small (very small!) factions of the world think is less than acceptable)

i think this pictures says it all about wot we should do to these people,

Posted Image

sorry but these stupid small minded people just piss me off

later

nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

GENE GENE gene. absolute Brilliance. As disheartened as i felt to imagine the opinions of the majority when i read those posts, i feel backed up and ready and so with your opinions. Your logic and replies are excellent. I feel like a government back bencher. The more i read i kept goig Yeah yeah. lol keep the slaughter on. Those people are so annoying daz

Guys, would you walk in your heels through the South Bronx of New York City? Would you walk in your high heels through the ghetto of LA? If you are like me, odds are that you would not walk through any bad neighborhood in your heels. Well, I think thats what I did with my original post to this thread at Elle.com I guess I didn't do my marketing research before I posted that thread at Elle.com...I wouldn't walk down 125th Street in my heels (essentially Main Street in Harlem), nor would I walk down 106th Street in my heels (essentially Main Street in Spanish Harlem). Let alone even tread territory on Government Funded Housing Projects grounds. I just don't think it'd be safe. I think thats what I did with that first post. Yet, I would walk down Fifth Avenue, or Madison Avenue, or Columbus Circle in my heels. It's a whole different crowd, a whole different neighborhood. Soho, Gramercy, Village? Those are complete no brainers. It's safe there. I guess I just misjudged what type of person would be a regular poster at Elle.com. Anyhow, the thread is interesting though, right? GENE--I was rooting for you 100%. Keep up the intelligent responses!

Elle!!!! Sounds sophisticated, doesn't it? Let's see how long these posts remain in view. I bet they don't last long -- Any takers?

Well, I can't say I'm surprised at the Elle posts. Proof positive that women can be just as closed minded and ignorant as men. To quote the immortal Stan Lee, 'Nuff said!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It's all part of the trouser tyranny. "Equality" for women but chip away at men's rights until they have none left. I remember a couple of years ago a mother took her daughter's school to court because girls were not allowed to wear trousers. Her case was brought out of "equality". The school decided that it would be too expensive to fight the action so caved in despite other parents (and pupils) coming out in support for the school. Now girls have the choice of trousers or skirt, boys do not owing to the social and peer pressures. Therfore the girls are more "equal" than the boys. I'd lay money on the fact that should a boy wear a skirt to school the mother of the "trouser girl" would be the first to call him a pervert. This is the sort of mentality we are up against, women who would think nothing of borrowing her husband's jeans yet would divorce him for wearing one of her skirts! This is precisely why I never wear heeled sandals or low cut shoes (unless I'm in femme mode), and never wear anything else overtly feminine with my heels not even earrings. My heels are purely a fashion statement.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This is the sort of mentality we are up against, women who would think nothing of borrowing her husband's jeans yet would divorce him for wearing one of her skirts!

well put. excellent way to sum up current situations

I'm suprised you take any notice of the people in the Elle thread. Most of them are idiots with an IQ of about 80. You just have to feel sorry for someone who thinks a guy wearing heels is gay They've got about as much connection between their mouth and their brains as Britney Spears has, so you have to laugh not cry. Luckily there were a couple of people in the thread who did know what they were talking about.

i have to agree, but its so annoying sometimes you just have to try and say something. Im sure firefox that you would agree that some people as hard as you can try, never see the point, and you have to give up trying. daz

booty bleeding fart butt bitch :D and here's a pic of my socratic discourse with Candy: :argue: booty bleeding fart butt bitch