How do you handle compliments?

chip7X

How do you feel when a guy notices you wearing your sexy stilettos and pay you a compliment? Do you just say thanks, or are there times when you might feel kinda uncomfortable? Has a guy ever been rude or just plain weird?

It actually both feeling mixed together. It sometimes seems weird when a guy come up to me to compliment about my shoe. Where else if a women come up to me and say its nice, then its a different story all together. However I still will say thanks for his compliment on my shoe. Then I will put a fullstop there and then on his conversation. (harsh, isn't it) :smile:

That's the thing that I like about Australia. You can wear whatever you like and not worry about what others might think. When I visited Brisbane the last time round, I was wearing stiletto sandals with bermudas and no one noticed anything. I expected loads of stares. Then I realised that there are a lot of girls and young women wearing shorts and bermudas with stiletto mules doing their grocery shopping on saturdays... :smile:

Cheers,

Nata

It all depends on how it is offered. I had a nice older man with a big smile pay me the sweetest compliment the other day. I just said thank you, so nice of you to say so. It's the "How do you walk in those things?" that gets tiresome.

For the "how do you walk in those things" comments, try this next time: "I don't know what to tell you. Try pretending you're me and practice towards a door." Or something like that.....:smile: Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 1 month later...

On 2002-05-26 15:52, countrycuti wrote:

Can't rember a guy actually saying anything, gal's say they like my shoes and ask where I got them.

Just curious, what would you do if a guy asked the very same thing?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

sometimes it is just nice, every now and then, for someone to say "that guy was checking you out" when I am wearing heels. it happened yesterday, and you know, I take it as a compliment, provided the guy is not fixated on me, or stalking me. Just a good glance and away.

"that guy was checking you out" when I am wearing heels.

yea this heapens me a lot. If a woman walks into my direction I always take a look at the shoes and sometimes that is mistaken as "chekking her out". But that's usualy not my intention.

I only want to see the shoes and the face but in order to do that you have to go all the way down and up the body..

But what about if a man complements a gal on her shoes, Do anny of you gal's like that? Or is it better to say nothing at all about you outfit. ?

It's best if the first few words are not about my shoes, unless you're an off duty drag queen and quite flamboyantly obvious about it. :smile: Otherwise, a man would have to make a bit of conversation before mentioning shoes, or it feels... well, it feels like objectification!

I complemented many women on their shoes and clothes. And just about always, my experience has always been positive. They always thank me. Some girls find it surprising that someone actually notice. It brighten their days. We need to compliment each other more. I say, compliments are always good. Don’t be afraid to make someone smile. :smile:

I love compliments! Usually from a woman, I hear, "How do you walk in those!?" Most of the woman who ask are nice about it. The ones that are not, usually glare at me or make some snide remark as walking by. To a woman I say, "Practice. I've been wearing them for 18 years. I'm actually more graceful in high heels." I've never had a man ask how I can walk in them. They either just look or give a compliment. When they look, I smile back (and I'm thinking to myself, I bet they wish their significant other would wear them) and when they give me a compliment I say thank you. I never look to take offense to a compliment.

• 1 year later...