Sandals! Sandals! Yay!

TabascoTesa

Originally this post was a mistake. :D Anyway, I just wanted to talk about the smashing success about the sandals I thought I'd return. I decided I loved them. I've gotten tons of comments about them. I spent an hour standing on the risers in my choral group when we did our final concert of the year. It was Haydn's Missa st. Bernardi Von Offida (Also known as the Heilig Mass.) By the time I'd reached the Credo I was ready for the shoes to come off, but I toughed it out! Anyway, they're super sexy and tons of fun, and I'm getting better at negotiating the wobbly stiletto heel. I'll take pictures as soon as I can!

As last you've got your long awaited sandals. They sound like a lot of fun! Have you had many pleasent comments from your friends? Looking forward to seeing the pictures! :D

I've had a few comments, some good, some bad. Most of my friends all think they're awesome, but look with some contempt upon my ever-growing shoe collection. Especially my poor roommate :D The clik-clik-clik noise turns some heads. I got a few dirty looks from some of the older members of the choir group and one older man asked me "Do you really need to be taller, young lady? Your feet will hurt so badly you'll never be able to wear those again." (I was still taller than him with my shoes off--being 5'10" ain't that bad--so the poor guy was probably just jealous!) They are wobbly, though. I'm worried I'm going to permanently bend them or break them. They are a black strappy sandal with a 4" stiletto, and they are fabulous. I originally thought I was going to return them because I didn't think the arch was shaped right for my particular foot shape, but my feet have adapted and so has the footbed of the sandal. But I decided I loved them too much!

Well, Tesa, I'm a musician too, and a little shorter than you, 5'9''! If you read some of my postings here (and I only discovered the site quite recently) you will see that I usually wear 51/2" heels, and that includes for performances. In fact my shoes are a bit of a 'trademark' for me, and often receive comments - usually favourable, I'm glad to say. The lowest shoes I wear when properly dressed are 41/2", and then only if I am going to be on my feet for a very long time, or if they happen to be right for a particular outfit. They do seem low, though, as I often wear 6" and recently bought some 61/2", which I can already wear for quite a long time provided I don't have to stand still for too long. I guess that you are quite young, and if you are anything like me, and several others on the forum, you won't be satisfied with 4" heels for long unless you have very small feet. For years all I could get from shops and catalogues were 41/2"- 43/4" and very occasionally, 5". Then I discovered 51/2" and upwards, and there was no looking back! And isn't that click-click fabulous - everyone knows I'm near! Do message me sometime if you would like to, and tell me about your choir. I always love to discuss music, which is as much a passion for me as shoes and clothes!

The important thing, Tesa, is how they make you feel about yourself.

Do they make you feel more feminine, or in control, or both? If they do, scratch your eye with your middle finger the next time some jealous guy or girl offers criticism, and drive on. If they don't, then quit wearing them--it's that simple.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

hi tesa sounds like you are having a great time, just ignore the people who don`t like your shoes and just wear them because u wont to and enjoy doing it. any chance of a pic of your sandals?. if it not too much trouble that is. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Azraelle:

They make me feel fabulous about myself! Not many girls at my campus clik-clik-clik around in high heels like this, so I like baring my freshly-painted-and-manicured toenails in elegance. You can hear me a mile away and you can see the change in my walk. I love it!

nhoj:

I'm actually thrilled that people don't like them--it means that I'm getting noticed and that's great. If someone's so unhappy with themselves that they gotta make themselves feel better by insulting somebody's SHOES, fer God's sake, then I don't feel like I have to listen to their opinion :D (Of course, I can recount it to others for the sake of amusement.)

Anne Louise:

I am quite young--22--but I've been in choirs for 10 years of my life. For me and my big feet, I don't feel like a 5" heel would be that much of a "step up." These 4" ones look fabulous, but I think if I had a bit more lift, the angle of my ankle would "settle" differently and feel a tiny bit less awkward than these do sometimes.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get my hands on a digital camera. :D

tesa go girl!, it`s great that you ignore them and yes there opinion is not worth a dam. and i know the heels change your walk they do mine, lol. great feeling tho isn`t it. and that sound make it that whole lot better. have fun and keep heeling. nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

I got a few dirty looks from some of the older members of the choir group and one older man asked me "Do you really need to be taller, young lady? Your feet will hurt so badly you'll never be able to wear those again." (I was still taller than him with my shoes off--being 5'10" ain't that bad--so the poor guy was probably just jealous!)

I suspect the following might raise a laugh.

http://www.tallgirls.co.uk/en-gb/pg_35.html

Xa