Touch your toes without bending your knees.

xaphod

Halfway down my shin in 3" sneakers... hrmf.. not a beer gut (yet) here either, but even in high school I couldnt touch my toes. Amazing that I can walk in them with ballet boots though *shrug* Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

WELL LIKE AN IDIOT I TRIED AND I HAVE NOW FOUND SOME NEW TENDONS THAT I NEVER KNEW EXISTED.OUCH ! DID IT THOUGH (THANKS XAPHOD) JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY WHY 'XAPHOD'?HITCH HIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY? OR AM I JUST BEING DUM!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

this excercise mainly works the muscle flexibility of the lower back, rather like sitting down and trying to reach out and touch your toes. We used to do it in karate for stretching exercises to make you more able to bend double. In heels and standing up, the shoe just points the toes further away from your hands, so you have to stretch further to reach.

just for the record, i cant do it. 6 years ago i could, when i karate trained and got my black belt :D could do the splits too, but now i appear to have unflexed as i cant bend half as far or stretch half as wide :D

Just out of curiosity I tried to do it. And, believe it or not, I succeded three times out of five without having been rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment so far :D OK, OK, heels weren't a full 5", just 4 3/4" (12cm), but I think that's not too bad either.

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

Blade .... yes, I was a HHGtoG fan for a while. I tried to type ZAPHOD, but hit X by mistake and didn't notice before hitting return, thus setting up my old IP irreversibly and forever. The reason I posted this thread was that the quack invited me in for a check up because I havn't seen him for about 10 years. One of the things he asked me to do was the above .... I have always been pretty flexible, so there was no problem doing that. The thought occurred that I might try it in my 5" Fuss courts, so, arriving back home and changing, I just manged it. As Blade says, you find tendons you didn't know existed, especially at the back of your knees. Now .... shall I see if I can still get my feet behind my head. Xa

respect to xaphod for doing it in 5in court shoes, very impressive, anyone care to go higher?. later nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

Just out of curiosity I tried to do it. And, believe it or not, I succeded three times out of five without having been rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment so far :D

OK, OK, heels weren't a full 5", just 4 3/4" (12cm), but I think that's not too bad either.

Does that mean you WERE rushed to the hospital the other two times?! :D

Emma

Very good, Emma! :D When I read that sentence again right now, I realized that it could be easily interpreted that way. That made me laugh. But, in fact, that might have happened if I wouldn't have stopped the exercise just a second before the damage would be done. It's always good to know when to stop! :D

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

Sorry xaphod but you are not even gonna tempt me to try the feet behind the head routine,have some dignity man! :D

PS i loved that programme!

OK .... I know it looks grotesque, but it won me a few pints at Uni when some of the guys refused to believe I could do it. It was not too bad when I walked around on my hands, but when I fell over backwards, I was stranded !

PS ..... what programme ?

Xa