High Heeled Training Diary #7

Laurieheels

I am a bit tired, and I almost wish I could go lie down! But I devoted myself to the writing, you devoted yourself to the reading. Here we go. Monday and Tuesday were average days. Walk in three inch heeled ankle boots, spend eight hours in five inch heels. I don't need much of a break, I noticed. Maybe fifteen or twenty barefoot minutes and I am at it again. My endurance isn't as great on Monday, but it bumps up on Tuesdays. Wednesday, a day off, and four inch oxfords all day, despite the ice and snow. Nothing exciting for this day, execpt I was supposed to buy shoes and I could not. No money, no shoes. The sad story of my life. Thursday. This is where I have something to talk about! I've been saving this... The usual walk to work, and a day in five inch heels. The difference? A number of us from work were getting together that night. We were going to a sports bar, to play a few games, drink a bit too much, and just have fun. So I left on my heels at the end of the day. My boss was nice enough to give me a ride since I was on foot. Outside I went, in five inch heels, to her car, and off we went. PVC skirt, of course, a burgandy purple with reptile print. Matched with black stockings and patent stilettos, I think I stood out. Now, I did have the fastest lap in the racing game. Yes, video games, I can drive, AND I won the fastest lap wearing, yes, five inch stiletto heels. I made sure to mention it when I wrote e-mail to our department the next day. I did get a few glances here and there. Drinks were cheap when we arrived, so I was a bit weak in the legs for walking after an hour. I made it around without incident. I had fun. I won some T shirts. It was a great feeling to be in a bar in something a bit more sexed up. That's what a bar is for, right? I did not have anyone come and hit on me, no, but I was with a group of friends from work, and we were off to the side, and it was early in the evening. A few looks will do for my ego. On Friday I thought about going with four inch oxfords for the day, but I changed my mind. I am not sure why. I stuck with my five inch stilettos. The day went well, as usual. My feet were tired after getting home Thursday night, but they recovered well enough for Friday morning. What I notice is a general stiffness when I first start in my stilettos every morning at work, and it takes about five minutes to walk it away. It is not stiff joints, but rather, a bit of pressure and a foot not used to the angle after a night of sleep. I'm not sleeping in heels right now. I like to be barefoot sometimes. I do not think I will go back to it any time soon. Barefoot for bed, heels the rest of the time, except for showers. I am not looking for an accident! Saturday was a four inch Oxford day, all day, many hours, and I never have a problem wearing them. I did have to work, and I was moving around a bit. Four inches is easy now. Too easy. If five builds up to be as easy, look out world! Sunday. That's today! Stiletto day. I did have to work a few hours. It is the price for some time off over Easter when everyone else is stuck at work. I put in about seven and a half hours, including a quick run for some lunch before work. Much standing and moving around at work, and I went shopping for groceries after that. The shopping started to hurt my feet. It was all too much. But I remember a time this happened in four inch heels, so it is just about endurance. I think part of the problem is carrying a shopping basket. I walk very easy if I can move my arms and balance well. If I am carrying anything, whether flat footed or in heels, I have trouble. Normally I can compensate, but I will need to learn some new techniques for five inch heels. I made it, though. When I came home, I left the shoes on for a few minutes, and I walked to my room to change. My feet would not go flat without hurting. So I didn't push them. It was a quick step into my silver heeled mules with the three and a half inch heel. I am sure this is not a permant thing. But after so many hours at five inches, my feet are happier to stay that way and not be flat. After five inch stilettos, a three and a half inch heel feels quite flat. I am making some progress and my feet are adapting. So now it is time to rest my feet, and tomorrow, another walk to work, another day in stiletto heels. Things are going well! Progress, with caution. The only sore point I may notice during the day is the arch muscle where it meets the ball of the foot. It is very minor, and certainly the pains of a few weeks ago from tired muscles dwindle each day I wear the shoes. I am paying attention, I am staying safe, not to worry. I just tried to have my foot flat on the floor, and while there is no pain, it feels weird. My toes point up and it feels like my heels are hanging over a ledge. This may be a permanent situation! And it is a good thing that I did not buy shoes last Wednesday. I have changed my mind as to what I should buy! I am going to leave five and a half inch heels until I have five inch heels going as well as four. Then we can begin the journey to extreme heels. Won't everyone be excited to read that?

Hi Laurie, on Jennies board you mentionned you fired your trainer and I don't read anything relating to that subject in this report either, anything you want to share with us?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

There's nothing much to share, really. It wasn't so much the trainer part as other things, but I also felt pressured to achieve the goal of the experiment on a schedule that I now realize is too rushed. I may push myself from day to day, but I will not do that over the course of a month.

There's nothing worse than being pushed. In this endeavour you have to work at it at your own pace otherwise you could end up hurting yourself, and none of us want to see this happen! We all want to see you reach your goal without injury.

No injuries, not to worry, Francis. The old trainer would have preferred if I were broke right now, and wearing a new pair of five and a half inch heels this Thursday. This is far too soon, and just because I love shoes does not mean I should give up things like, oh I don't know, eating?