Do you wear your heels outside?

Firefox

Thanks for all your support.

Also yesterday very late at night I took my heels outside again but near to where I live, checking beforhand if anybody was around before ever getting out of the car. Lot of the streets where I live are not paved some are dirt and some are just lined with stone so it hard to walk in heels but a lot of fun. When I came home, the neighbourhood Guard (rent-a cop) was about 10 meters away form my door I got out of the as very sacred and he said hi I said hi and stood petrified and just then a car went by the main street so I was able to walk to front door without making much noise form the heels, and covered by the cars sound. Finally I was in the safety of home, but didn't want to take them off, so as usual I spent a lot of time in the house wearing them.

Hi heelguyboy,

at my first outing on heels in my neighbourhood I had a similar experience. Me sneaking at midnight through my quarter in Frankfurt and suddenly a police car creeping besides me with the same speed. I became more and more nervous. My only wish: To sink down traceless into the ground. Suddenly they switched on the blue light (here in Germany its blue, not red) and whizz they were away. Pooh, what a sigh of relief!

Today I don't care anymore for such events. Maybe winking at the cops :)

I'm curious how people in Bolivia behave towards guys wearing heels. What's about macho behaviour? Are you the ridiculous pansy guy? Is there a danger of violence? I presume that it's not recommendable to walk on heels through the 'barrios' of La Paz!?

In my hometown Frankfurt it's not a real problem. The big majority tolerates my heels wearing. Sometimes I earn stupid comments of turkish immigrants - but thats all.

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks, I went for my first public outing in my 4" Bronx knee boots the other week with some friends. They were cool about the idea anyway. So off we went to a pub near them, no-one seemed to bother, even though oneor two people did a double take. It is like a big weight has finally been lifted....

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

Hi folks,

I went for my first public outing in my 4" Bronx knee boots the other week with some friends. They were cool about the idea anyway. So off we went to a pub near them, no-one seemed to bother, even though oneor two people did a double take. It is like a big weight has finally been lifted....

The very first time is always the hardest. But the more you go out in heels, the easier it'll eventually become. We're all living proof of that!

:)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

My first heels I wore out were a pair of 4" Cuban heeled knee high leather boots in UK 8 I bought from Barratts in Leeds. The lady assistant actually asked if they were for me and when I replied 'yes' suggested I therefore try them on, this was about 4 years ago. Boy was I excited trying them on in the shop with well staff and others present but believe it or not, paying little attention, they fitted like a glove. When both were zipped up I walked around and well, I am use to 6" heels so these were a doddle. She then actually suggested perhaps I ought to keep them on, I was wearing jeans at the time so I thought why not. I walked in in plimsolls and walked out in 4" leather knee boots. I have never looked back and now will nearly always when out shopping with the wife wear my boots. have yet to progress to slimmer heels but the boots are certainly feminine which is what I like. am always looking for higher thicker heels though, preferably 5". Any ideas from high street shops guys?

My average heel height is 61\2" on size 9 feet

I've still as of yet have not worn any of my heels outside. Before it was because someone in my neighborhood could have seen me and told my parents. Even though I've moved out I'still haven't worked up the guys to do it. I might do it one day. The area around my apartment building gets dark at night and there's usually nobody out after 10. I might try my platforms as they're a little easier to hide.

I wish I was a size 10

Well the problem here in Bolivia is tht it is still a very old fashioned society (I open the door for the ladies, pay for them too,...) in all senses, the way girls are treated, fashion, everything. And besides society here is composed of small circles of people where everybody knows everybody and everybody's life (i.e. I passed out a couple of weeks and the next day everybody knew about it, inlcuding my parents, though I am 25 I still live with them and that is the norm here you live with them until you get married or are 29 or so and make enough money to move out), a lot of gossip, the same hang out's same pub's, well you get the picture it i hard to explain if you don't live here. It is too much of a risk too get caught in any kind of inapropriate behavior or anything. Really hard maybe next time I am out of the country all alone, because even in the other states (9 in all) you somebody and it is the same story. Just some facts Bolivia is one of the least dense country's of the world and it is about 25th largest, about 1 million square kilometers, and only 7 million people. But still a very beatifull country with a lot of diversity not found anywhere else, I live at almost 12000 feet avove sea level mountain climate, and just 96 kilometers away you are in a tropical climate 4000 feet aboce sea level, we have all and I mean ALL different kinds of climate you can imagine desert, tropical (Amazon), high mountain,......... nice but too old fashioned still

Hi bo! Bolivia is an interesting country. I've flown into to La Paz a couple of times about 15 years ago, now. I would like to return for another visit some day. However, its nice to have you here. Hope to read more about you and your interest in high heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

To Alex & others worried about their first outing, my suggestion is to do a little reconnaissance. As you make your daily rounds, make note of the shops & places you go. Are they carpeted or hard floors? Are there lots of people coming & going? Can you blend in? Where are you comfortable? My first outings were to large retail stores like WalMart. Lots of activity, too many people to really notice details, and lots of racks, shelves, & aisles to disappear in. The hardest part was the large open areas just inside the doors. I'm not about attracting attention to myself, be it my heels or other attire, so I wear clothes that are in style and compliment each other. Hard soles & stillettos are out, at least for my public wear. Really, you'd be surprised how little attention people pay to what men are wearing on their feet. WE in this group pay attention because it is our nature, but the general public is mostly oblivious.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Well the problem here in Bolivia is tht it is still a very old fashioned society (I open the door for the ladies, pay for them too,...) in all senses, the way girls are treated, fashion, everything. And besides society here is composed of small circles of people where everybody knows everybody and everybody's life (i.e. I passed out a couple of weeks and the next day everybody knew about it, inlcuding my parents, though I am 25 I still live with them and that is the norm here you live with them until you get married or are 29 or so and make enough money to move out), a lot of gossip, the same hang out's same pub's, well you get the picture it i hard to explain if you don't live here. It is too much of a risk too get caught in any kind of inapropriate behavior or anything.

Really hard maybe next time I am out of the country all alone, because even in the other states (9 in all) you somebody and it is the same story.

Just some facts Bolivia is one of the least dense country's of the world and it is about 25th largest, about 1 million square kilometers, and only 7 million people. But still a very beatifull country with a lot of diversity not found anywhere else, I live at almost 12000 feet avove sea level mountain climate, and just 96 kilometers away you are in a tropical climate 4000 feet aboce sea level, we have all and I mean ALL different kinds of climate you can imagine desert, tropical (Amazon), high mountain,.........

nice but too old fashioned still

Hello again!

I read your answer with interest. I'm member of the German Alpine Club - another side of me! I'm dreaming of a trekking tour in the Himalaya or the Andes. I'm convinced that Bolivia is a country with a marvellous landscape. I just took a look into my atlas. Do you live in La Paz? The map says altitude 3630 meters ~ 12000 feet. Big mountains like the Illimani in your neighbourhood ...

Isn't it funny that people are rejecting you because you prefer to live 12000 ft and 4'' high instead of 12000 ft :drinking:

Keep on heeling! You and me, we are world wide abnormals :)

cheers

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

...is 2 inches (so far ) . Mostly, it's raised eyebrows, double takes. I wore my boots ( Lucita 2" heels ) to NYC to Greenwich Village-- Christopher St. and Chelsea. --- end ---

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

I spent the whole day Christmas shopping today. I went all out on the heels, wearing my 4.5" stiletto boots with a pointed toe. Interestingly I got very little reaction. A few smiles, that was it. This is a great time to wear heels in malls. They are crowded and everyone is so busy. Also, for those of you worried about noisy heels, with the noise of the crowds the sounds of the heels really doesn't stand out. I had a great time. Went by all of my favorite shoe stores and clothing stores. Only bought one pair of slingback sandals. I feel like I am starting to spend a lot of money on shoes so i am holding back a bit. By the end of the day my feet were killing me so I switched in a pari of 3.5" blade heels from Nine West (I always carry some extra pairs in my car on long shopping trips). While I am still worried that I will run into someone from my work (I shop not to far from where I work), I felt very comfortable wearing stiletto boots in crowds. So for those of you still doubting: Give yourself a christmas present and go shopping in yor heels

Loveheel:-) A great story and I quite agree with you 100%. I Mall shop all day long all year long and never take a change of heels with me and I keep my boots on all day long till I go to bed at night. No problems. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I love the Christmas shopping season. Normally I wear my heels at leasy partly covered with long bootcut jeans, but today was so wet and messy outside that I didn't want any long pants since they would get all wet and dirty. So I went out for a half day of shopping with regular jeans and my red boots with 4" block heels, fully exposed. Amazingly, no one seemed to pay attention ! I admit, that these were not stilettos, but they are high heels. People are so involved with their Christmas shopping and just try not to bump into one another. This is a great time to go out there and wear heels. I also bought some sandals that look just like the ones below my login name. Yummie

micha :) Hello yes I live in La Paz, the Illimani mountain is about 2 hours away from the city. The base is at about 4200 meters above sea level. It is very beatiful to see from far away as it has 3 peaks. Anytime you choose to here I will be gald to show you around and help out. As for the rejection, none yet but very fearful of it, hope someday maybe I can go out wearing heels as my everyday shoe's.

loveheel I enjoy your shopping reports and no trouble with the acceptance. I agree that people are so intent on shopping they don't notice. I spent the entire afternoon earlier this week at the mall with 3" heeled boots with no concerns. My jeans didn't cover the heel at all and I had a great time. I do have a pair of 5" stiletto pointed toe boots that I would love to try on my next shopping trip and after your experience I am more inclined to give it a go. Maybe while everyone is back at the mall exchanging all the gifts after Xmas... Jim

No Danielle, I am not afraid at all that sand will mess them up. On the contrary, I wouldn't even mind taking a dive in them and then getting out having a walk in my wet slappy mules! The problem is the old-fashioned society we live... So, halloween and only halloween for the time being...

loveheel

I enjoy your shopping reports and no trouble with the acceptance. I agree that people are so intent on shopping they don't notice. I spent the entire afternoon earlier this week at the mall with 3" heeled boots with no concerns. My jeans didn't cover the heel at all and I had a great time. I do have a pair of 5" stiletto pointed toe boots that I would love to try on my next shopping trip and after your experience I am more inclined to give it a go. Maybe while everyone is back at the mall exchanging all the gifts after Xmas...

Jim

Yes, I am almost sad the shopping season is almost over. Less opportunity to wear my heels. I used to go shopping early in the morning in malls as there are less people. Now, I realize that more people makes me stand out much less. One advantage of having few people is that one tends ot get better service in the stores and if you are lucky you can even have a chat with a shoe loving sales girl !

I've been wearing heeled boots and clogs for years now, with normal masculine outfits, like jeans or dark pants. The first time is scary, but then you fell comfortable and okay. Almost nobody takes care about you. I've ahopped for Xmas in 4" heeled boots, a pair of dark jeans and nobody took care at me. In a shop a clerk (a girl in here 20's) looked at me as if I was weired, but that was it. It's a matter of being natural and comfortable. I will not go out with one of my 6" black platforms. They are for the bedroom, but I've got 2, 3 and 4" clogs and boots, square heels, stilettos, all sorts of heels and wear them regurlarly. I Love it! :) Marc