Do you wear your heels outside?

Firefox

Hi Heelson. Yes the comfy loafer is rubbish isn't it?! It's representative of the type of shoe, men have been FORCED to wear though lack of choice. OK, it's a very practical walking, work boot, distance type of shoe, but what I want to see is men making more of their own personal choices for the occasions when they don't have to walk so far and want to express themsleves. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-06 19:31 ]</font>

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you Gizmo! Even if it's only small steps forward (no pun) you are getting out there. I wouldn't worry about noise as even my flat shoes make noise in supermarkets :smile: Metal tipped stilettos are excellent for creating noise on marble type flooring B) I used to cruise around in 'stealth' heels but can't be bothered anymore as I find that people look more when they don't make any noise. If they hear the noise they immediately know and very rarely look down. Unless they have an interest such as ours B)

People that know me will confirm I screw hardened chipboard screws into the wear points on any block heels I have. This form of cheap selective "blakey" not only protects the shoe heels but also makes sure I'm heard and seen whatever shoe I wear. For me stealth is of no importance, but increasing people's awareness so other guys can wear heels is important.

OMG...here comes Firefox with his JVC boots on, with powered subwoofers! I found a good compromise in a pair of (courts?) pumps with a 4" block heel - called "BabyDolls". They just look TOO cute to pass up!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

i like to wear my pumps out side also. mainly my 5" pumps. they do sink in to the ground a little and it is hard on the covering of the heel. my s/o also wears heels outside. we have a large fire ring for evening fires and both wear high heels out and sit around the fire with beer or wine. nice way to spend an evening.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I live in a pretty conservative, closed minded sort of place, and given that I'm a short small guy, I hafta be selective. Usually will wear platform shoes with 2-3 inch heels. Once while visiting brother in LA, wore pair of monster Steve Madden platforms with 4 inch heels out to dinner. Nobody cared, but such is LA. Also, when visiting sister in NYC years ago, went to shoe store in Greenwich Village, ended up leaving store with killer pair of platform ankle boots. Two young women applied heavy sales pressure, and in the end, I couldn't resist. Again, walking in NYC, nobody noticed or cared. For me, the reality is that I can only handle big heels for so long. On the other hand, 2-3 inch heels with a moderate platform are comfortable all day, much more so than anything with a thin sole. My feet are too thin themselves; need the shock absorbing power of a platform sole.

I wear heels most of the time nowadays, nobody really seems to notice or care, and why should they? After all, how many people walk around looking at peoples feet ?(unless they are us!) I say, to hell with it, let people (men and women both) wear what they want when they want, the only caveat would be (as firefox said) to wear something appropriate to the ocasion (Tip, never wear heels when walking cross country, I had to last night and I'm paying for it dearly today :smile: Oh well, back to the dreaded trainers untill my feet are better)

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

• 2 years later...

I like to wear my black suede 4 1/2 inch pumps outside. nobody really seems to care. they kust look at it once and continue with their daily lives. That also gave me some confidence to wear them out in public. :-? My freind next door said " why the hell should we be looking at peoples feet for??" Anyway....who cares ?

Nowadays, I wear my 4.75" chunky-heeled knee boots in public and to work. Only one Indian co-worker found out about that since my walking style drew her attention. She told me that probably only women would ever notice (because they know what walking with high heeled shoes on would be like, she said). So the shoes were obviously not the primary thing that came into focus although the heels were/are quite visible (even more when walking). Besides that I didn't get any reactions yet when wearing these boots... CU! -Mike

Hi Mickey, Yes, walking style is definitely a way some people spot you. I think it goes something like that: they first notice that your walk is unusual for a guy, which leads them to focus on the leg and shoe. I don't think that a lot of people look at other people's shoes. Unless of course they are shoe fanatics, like most of us.

Occasionally, under the cover of darkness only, at this point. Just around the neighborhood. I still need practice. Feel I am a bit clumsy, not to mention afraid. Everyone deals with their own percieved fears but appreciate the stories I am reading.

classic style high heel boots

I have worn my heels outside for many years,now that there is snow on the ground, I will be wearing my 4" heeled boots with chunky vibram soles much more. I will also wear my pumps (4.5-5") but with chunkier heels. I won't be wearing my spike and stilletto heels outside untill spring.

High heels forever, ward

Sure do wear my heels outside. In fact, this afternoon, I just wore my brand new Ralph Lauren Alston boots out.

Posted Image

They have a moderately pointed toe, a 3.5" heel and were a joy to wear. I wore them with a pair of boot cut indigo rinse jeans, and a red turtle neck t-shirt. It was a joy to wear them to Starbucks, to Barnes and Noble in Union Square, to Pipa (a tapas bar) and to see The Motorycycle Diaries. What a day! If I wasn't in a relationship with a girl who does not support street heeling, I would constantly be in heels.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs:-) A very nice pair of boots you have got there. Enjoy wearing them out in public and let us know any remarks or looks that you get while wearing them. You other fellows that are just starting out and only wear your heels after dark should get a bit braver and try them during daylight. It isn't as tough as you might think to do that. Most of us started out that way once too. Try it, you'll like it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi. I wore my Lucita 2" heel boots to work today (I remeasured---at back of boot ) . Not much reaction. If I wear heel boots to work, these will be the pair the time being. BTW: For my 3" boots (Intrigue) I put in cushion wedges.

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

Joenj:-) You may not get any looks or comments from your fellow workers with a 2" heeled boot which really isn't that high. It is a safe heel height to begin to wear heels to work and then later you can increase the height slightly and no one may even bat an eye when you do it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Joenj:-)

You may not get any looks or comments from your fellow workers with a 2" heeled boot which really isn't that high. It is a safe heel height to begin to wear heels to work and then later you can increase the height slightly and no one may even bat an eye when you do it. Cheers---

Dawn HH

I've been thinking about that a bit.... where I work I get the feeling people are pretty closed minded. It's odd because I'm in a field that promotes change, but it's technological change and engineers tend to be very conservative and resist change in other areas.

The other problem is that I'm working in an ESD lab all day and need to have protective footwear (ESD grounded). So it's runners for the day.

Hi. Today, I took a bold step. I am wearing bluejeans and a black sweatshirt, *and* my Lucita 2" heel boots I bought at Fabco Shoes. Even with jeans, not much comment. More like reading peoples minds: "Oh, your one of *them* , treat me OK, and you are OK". I work at a college in New Jersey. Many cute women wear jeans and boots with 2" heels ( all sorts ), and sweatshirts. (( sigh )) . I want hugs, LOL!!!!! Best regards, Joe

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

From time to time, when i get the urge (ok... all the time then)... i would be wearing the different heel boots that i have (ranging from conservative squared 1.5 inch to pointy 4 inch stillettos) when i go get petrol for the car at night. Have also ventured to the supermarket and video store in heels at night..... i always wear a female flare/boot cut low rise jeans with them as they cover a fair bit of the heel when stationary but the heels is quite apparent when I'm walking.....

Hello,

yes I do wear my heels outside - the height differs with the occasion. OK I still wear flats from time to time :o No, I'm still not the "everytime" wearer...

best wishes

Joak :)

Hi Joak,

nice to see that you are still alive :D

I'm not ashamed any more for wearing my heels daily. The personnel in my supermarket has accustomed to this crazy heels wearing guy. Naturally that's me :oops:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Actually I just bought my first pair of high heels, I am 25 years old. I always liked them and just now I got the courage go and buy a pair. I got black pumps with a 5 Inch stiletto heel, 8 1/2 american male. Hard at first but now getting more and more used to them, only a got them a month ago, and only wear them when nobody is home. I am from Bolivia and society here is very old fashioned and uptight I would never go out in heels as much as I want to. Also it is a very small society and most everybody knows everybody so it just takes one look at me and everybody would know about it in a couple of hours. You guys are lucky to be able to go out in heels whenever you want to. Maybe a trip abroad would be the way to go, at least for a while. This is my first post and it is nice to know people with the same interest.

Joenj:-) Aussieheels:-) Micha:-) Some of you have more experience in public heel wearing than the others, but at least you are all making an attempt to move our crusade forward by wearing heels publically. Heelguybo:-) Congratulations on purchasing your first pair of heels and welcome to the High Heel Place Forum. Is there any chance of you posting any pics of yourself in your first pair of heels? Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, short and sweet, like most commuter working women, I wear sneakers to the office where I work, then slip on my heels (saves on wear and tear, and I'm fanatical about keeping my pumps in first class condition), but I'll go outside when situations call for it, no sweat, no problem. And during fall and winter, I'll wear heeled boots out and about. :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've been thinking about that a bit.... where I work I get the feeling people are pretty closed minded. It's odd because I'm in a field that promotes change, but it's technological change and engineers tend to be very conservative and resist change in other areas.

The other problem is that I'm working in an ESD lab all day and need to have protective footwear (ESD grounded). So it's runners for the day.

You would be surprised. A lot of the guys on this board are actually engineers. Often, you might be surprised by the reactions go get from

people. Engineers may appear conservative, but they are often also non-nonsense people.