Do you wear your heels outside?

Firefox

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am engineer too, but beacuse of the country I leave in I would never go out in heels. We engineers seem serious but it is the opposite for most of us, we just don't dress the part, but when partying and stuff we are the best LOL.

Do you know the difference between an introverted geek and an extroverted geek?

the extroverted geek looks at the other person's shoes :-) :-)

You guys are lucky to be able to go out in heels whenever you want to.

Maybe a trip abroad would be the way to go, at least for a while.

This is my first post and it is nice to know people with the same interest.

Glad you came out of the woodwork -- but, don't feel too bad about not being able to go out in heels as much as you want. I'm in a very similar situation as you. I live in a small farming community, and wouldn't DARE go outside in a pair of pumps with stiletto heels. (Actually, I've yet to have the courage to wear stilettos anywhere outside, just yet). I guess we'll just have to pick our battles. The last thing I'd want to do is to generate anger and resentment, despite the fact that those things always precede acceptance.

-Nate

Some of you already know my style that I wear. Platform flip flops of course! Just to get an idea of the style for those that don't know, the most common are the Rocket Dog Jumbo Surf. Funny thing is that I don't actually have that pair, as I'm picky about the shape. I've got some that are lower and some that are higher, but the 3.5 inchers are the ones I tend to wear the most. I very rarely ever get any negative feedback from people as I think that flip flops are more gender neutral. I think it's also the way I carry myself that people get over their initial surprise very quickly that it seems normal. Also my beach surroundings and liberal locals don't even notice, and if they did, don't really care.

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

Hey everyone, I wish my town was as open as some of you. I can only got to certain spots because 1. It may be a mid size city but a lot of people know me. 2. I love high heels as skirts but i am already 6'3" tall and that would be extremely tall. I am about to buy 6 inch plat sandals and i can oly wear them at homosexual hangouts and adult video stores, some of you guys are lucky.

I hope that my wife asks me if i'm giong to wear those 4 inch leg wrap sandals that i bought from NIKE. Just a wish for the men in the world like us.

Some of you already know my style that I wear. Platform flip flops of course! Just to get an idea of the style for those that don't know, the most common are the Rocket Dog Jumbo Surf. Funny thing is that I don't actually have that pair, as I'm picky about the shape. I've got some that are lower and some that are higher, but the 3.5 inchers are the ones I tend to wear the most.

I very rarely ever get any negative feedback from people as I think that flip flops are more gender neutral. I think it's also the way I carry myself that people get over their initial surprise very quickly that it seems normal. Also my beach surroundings and liberal locals don't even notice, and if they did, don't really care.

I think you are right. Especially in vacation environments anything goes. I wear my flip-flops when going to Hawaii. I have a pair with a 2" platform and no one notices. I also a pair with 1" platform but with glitter straps and that attracts more attention. So it is not always the platform height that makes the difference.

I Like to wear mine whenever I can, as lomg as my wife isn't with me. Today I spent the morning shopping at several stores wearing my 3" heeled kneeboots with jeans. No comments from anybody and as far as I am concerned they look great with about 1/2 the heel exposed..I plan on wearing these during the next couple of weeks doing my holiday shopping...Jim

Yes, somehow, crowded mall situations are excellent for heeling. Everyone is so busy trying not to walk into other people that noone stares at your feet. Also, it is easy to disappear in the crowd. It is less interesting for actually buying shoes. When the sales people are busy you will get much less personalized attention.

I'm like Flipflop where my passion is platforms or wedges rather than heels. I've become much more daring in what I wear in public anymore.I wore some 4" wedge loafers to work last night without even a glance from anyone. The feeling of wearing whatever you like is fantastic and worth the occasional ignorant remark from a Neanderthal. By the way, are those Dansko clogs in Gene's avatar?? :)

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I'm a newbie to wearing heels out in public. I live close to a 'tire' store where testosterone flows about as freely as the air that fills the tires. Last week, I wore my heels out and for the first time decided to walk buy the tire store on the way to an appointment. Needless to say, I got looks and a few comments. To spite them on the way back home, I walked right back the way I came. This time no comments just a few looks. Well, the next day I did the same thing. However, this time with a pair of boots that had a little higher heel. The comment this time was ' nice boots - do we get to see the rest of the collection '. I smile, and walked on knowning now that the 'boys' liked what they saw and perhaps were a little jealous!. Jenne'

Great for you Jenne. Congratulations on having the courage to wear what you want I gotte go and get my front tires changed tomorrowed. It is starting tosnow here in New England and I don't want to be spinning out. Maybe I will go in heels to the tire place.

Jenneinheels:-) Welcome to the High Heel Place Forum. You really educated those fellows at the tire place rather quickly about men wearing heels. Good for you for sticking to wearing your choice of shoes no matter what. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Great for you Jenne. Congratulations on having the courage to wear what you want

I gotte go and get my front tires changed tomorrowed. It is starting tosnow here in New England and I don't want to be spinning out. Maybe I will go in heels to the tire place.

Please say you'll get snows on all four corners. Snows on just the fronts isn't good enough. M+S rated, Blizzak (or equivalent) if the budget permits.

(hey, we have freezing rain today and my AWD wtth 4 snows is having a really good time, unlike the people with FWD and all seasons).

I usually just get all weather tires. It is just such a pain to have the tires changed each season. But I guess we are drifting off topic ...

Just don't drift off the road :) All seasons are a compromise and start to look like concrete at not too much below 0C (32F).

Takes about an hour to change tires (twice a year) and also do some regular maintenance (brakes).

Happy travels.

Today was the first time I wore mi heels outside the house. I took them with me in the car drive to a very deserted neighborhood (chicken), but while driving to get there I pulled over and put my heels on, drobe on and when I found a street where nobody was on sight I parked the cra an walked up and down the block a couple of times. I loved. I envy you guys that are able to wear heels outside all the time. By the way I wore 5" stiletto pumps, even on the dirt and lawn, no problem.

Mules are pretty easy to wear outside and completely innocuous.

I got these from Payless for 22 AU$, they're size 11 US.

Posted Image

I wear them regularly (but Payless shoes never last too long, which is good as it gives me an excuse to buy a different pair).

Vanessa

Yes, congratulations on "breaking the ice" and wearing heels outside for the first time. I used to wear my heels at night while taking our pet dog out for a walk in the dark. I used to walk completely around the block where our house was. Even in the winter time when there was a lot of snow on the ground. That was when I wore my boots with 4" heels. And eventhough we might pass someone walking towards us, I would stop, act normally and let the dog sniff around so my heels wouldn't be noticed.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

heelguybo. I too, used to wear mine inside and only outside in the dark. Then gradually moved on to very lightly populated areas at night. I found no problems. I moved on to daytime and quick visits to the market. Again, no problems. Now I will where them almost anywhere without any concern. Take your time but most likely all will be OK. You will see. Jim

Heelguybo:-) What Bubba136 and Jimnj3 say is probably how most of us began wearing our heels. Inside at first and then progressing outside from darkness and finally into daylight when they suddenly realize that no one is making a big deal out of you wearing heels. Enjoy and progress. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks for all your support. Also yesterday very late at night I took my heels outside again but near to where I live, checking beforhand if anybody was around before ever getting out of the car. Lot of the streets where I live are not paved some are dirt and some are just lined with stone so it hard to walk in heels but a lot of fun. When I came home, the neighbourhood Guard (rent-a cop) was about 10 meters away form my door I got out of the as very sacred and he said hi I said hi and stood petrified and just then a car went by the main street so I was able to walk to front door without making much noise form the heels, and covered by the cars sound. Finally I was in the safety of home, but didn't want to take them off, so as usual I spent a lot of time in the house wearing them.