Envy - Stupidity or ignorance

larry

Last night, I went with my wife to a mall thats known for it's better merchandise. Let it be known that my wife dresses nice and usually wears 4" heels and sometimes higher heels for special occasions. While she was standing at a coffee counter I could see three young ladies standing behind her, talking and laughing about her shoes. The three were dresed in baggy jeans, baggy shirts, one in flip flops and two in sandals. I started watching for others reaction to my wifes heels. Some men noticed and others, Well..may have been a little more than obvious and yes. Some just didnt care at all. I got my laugh when we left the Mall. It was cool and raining and the three young ladies complained of their feet getting wet in the puddles and were cursing the rain. I was going to reccommend that they buy some real shoes but my wife thought it best not to. My wife has been asked by non high heel wearers, How do you walk in those? Do they hurt your feet? Why do wear them? When I probed her about the comments My wife thinks that the unwanted comments come mostly from frumps or ladies who dont care about their appearance. Are these the same people that complain of never having a date or social life? Perhaps i'm biased, I love high heels but i'ts difficult to understand others ridicululous reactions....Sincerely...Larry.

Love those heels!

Hello Larry, Don't let you or your wife be put off in the least by the childish behavior of those three girls. One thing I have learned about human nature (having street-heeled for 47 years and often accompanied by my wife in her great 5" stilettos) is that those who are envious and jealous often turn to attempted scorn and derision to try to bolster their own inadequacies. Inside themselves, they are not really scornful, they are as jealous as hell! Just encourage your wife to keep it up and to carry on setting a first-class example! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Absolutely! Heelfan has hit the nail on the head. There is nothing sexier than a girl who can wear her heels well and there is no bigger turn-off than the immortal line "I could never walk in those, how on earth do you do it?" Long may your wife keep elegantly wearing her heels Larry. Cheers, Paul.

Hi Larry! You can tell your wife that she is not alone. Unfortunately we have take this from, especially, teenage girls. At their age they don't understand better. If you take a look at small girls, let us say 4-6years old, they can stand and just stare at your heels. Then they run to their mum and point at them. It's very funny and flattering in some weird way. If you can't take the attention you get, good or bad, don't wear heels. But I guess in this case it was you Larry that was annoyd, not your wife. Am I right?? :D

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

I can totally relate to that. It's so funny how people react. I wore my 4 inch heels to work for the first time two weeks ago. Everyone just keep looking at them and one girl said 'I'd kill myself in those if I tried to wear them at work'. You could tell by the tone that she wished she could. Another popped up with 'Your crazy to wear them to work'. Well maybe I am but let me tell you I enjoyed all the looks I got from the customers while I'd walk across the lobby in my heels! Sure, I'm married..but who doesn't like to show off! JinxieKat

Teenage girls were a PITA when I was growing up and I see they haven't changed one bit. My daughter will be 12 soon so I'm in for it.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

• 4 weeks later...

It's easy for me to dismiss ignorance in the younger generation(s). Their idea of style is Brittney Spears. :roll: Need I say more? :) Talk to them in, say 5 years. Namaste', Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

Well you are speaking of my generation, and many of my peers look at me like I am crazy wearing heels. When I ask I just tell them I prefer them due to my dance training. I guess I am not ready to come out of the closet with my shoes yet. I don’t know about you or your wife but I like the attention I get from boys and men alike when I am wearing heels. Your oh so helpful salespersons are just jealous that no one is paying attention to them or their feet.