What styles would you wear?

Calv

Imagine all the barriers (self erected or otherwise) were torn down tonight and from now on everybody could wear any shoes, boot or clothes they wanted, irrespective of gender what styles would you be wearing from tomorrow? I'm in a thought provoking (or pain in the ***) mood tonight.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Well, of course, my platform boots, as they are my favorite anytime, and then flared-leg black jeans (or a black skirt - PVC or leather). Then a nice top, with or without a corset at the time - probably something in velvet or cotton. I've gotten into fancy fashion-type stuff and this would just give me more incentive to do just that. Heck...I'm part-way there already!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I would choose a pair of 4 inch stiletto pumps, nice pair of sheer tights, a tight leather skirt cut just above the knee, shiny satin blouse and leather blazer. I've got all those hanging in the wardrobe already! If trousers were required then a pair of wide leg black trousers would suffice.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

For the most part, I don't think I'd change a thing. I currently wear the styles that I think best suit me. I'd maybe consider some of the chunky heeled (4" min) open toed sandals for the real oppressive, humid weather. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

id wear wedge heel knee high leather boots, either under pants or with shorts.. when it got warm id wear really cool sandals with a wedge heel and ankle strap..nothing extreme...but itd be cool just knowing you could wear what you wanted and nobody would care

I would wear the same heels I wear now but have them much more visible and with warmer weather probably dress a lot more in knee lenght pencil skirts in a bit brighter colors. Light sundresses with heeled mules must also be fun and comfy. In winter over the knee boots under a leather skirt and short fur coat and hat. I also have most of this in stock for homewear and already occasionally wear a skirt in public. For the rest I'm a lot like Calvin, wearing unisex things from the womens department because their textures are much finer and softer, but still providing a male look.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I'd wear pretty much the same stuff as I'm wearing now. I've no desire to wear skirts, stockings and things like that, but I respect those who do. I do wear nail varnish on special ocasions, but it's too fiddly generally. I wear thinner heels when I feel like it, but I need to lose some more weight. My heels are always on show too. So yeah, I'm quite happy about what I do and how I look. Everyone else should strive to be the same. If you want to wear skirts then do it. Noone can stop you.

- casual : A jeans skirt, pantyhose and black pumps (4"). - work : a nice two-pieces ladies suit with skirt, hose and matching shoes. - summer : shorts, high heel slippers. I've worm skirt occasionnally and I like it but it's difficult to wear skirt + heels unless one wants to look TV/CD. But this is only a dream ... Vanessa

Like Firefox, I think I'd carry on wearing what I'm (dreaming of) wearing now.

That'd be carrying on in my wedges, and some thinner heels.

For work, I'd go for suit trousers, cut a little longer and wider, For casual wear, I'd go for jeans, either longer bootcut or normal to show off my heels, depending on my mood. I just know I'll get zapped for this, but I quite like the look of heels hidden under longer trousers, just peeking out occasionally. Alternatively, I've seen some trousers where the last few inches of the outside seam is split, to show off your heels as you walk.

How's that?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I would be wearing either that I'm wearing now, normally blue jeans and a shirt in redorange. The shoes I would chose is my kneehigh black platform boots with 5 cm platform and 14.5 cm high block heel. If in mood of pushing my limit a little bit I might be wearing leather jeans and perhaps a velvet shirt and the same platform boots but in leather and with a little higher heels, lets say 5 cm platform and 17.5 cm high block heel. An option for the platform boots could be a pair of kneehigh cowboy boots with 13.5 cm heel (the sole is about a 1 cm thick). The coulor of it all should then go in a red-yellow-red colour mix, I simply love that coulor so much I almost can eat it... Today I wear what coulor I want, but with heeled boots I still prefer to hid the heel under my jeans. When I wear my cowboy boots with 7.5 cm heel I dont hid the heel.

An option for the platform boots could be a pair of kneehigh cowboy boots with 13.5 cm heel (the sole is about a 1 cm thick).

The coulor of it all should then go in a red-yellow-red colour mix, I simply love that coulor so much I almost can eat it...

Today I wear what coulor I want, but with heeled boots I still prefer to hid the heel under my jeans. When I wear my cowboy boots with 7.5 cm heel I dont hid the heel.

Hey Beeble, I'd like to see some pictures of those cowboy boots. You got my mail address already, or otherwise it's above this post too I guess. Thanks.

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

On 2002-03-25 00:49, Calv wrote:

Imagine all the barriers (self erected or otherwise) were torn down tonight and from now on everybody could wear any shoes, boot or clothes they wanted, irrespective of gender what styles would you be wearing from tomorrow?

Hmmm... pretty much what I am wearing now (black knee high leather boots with just under 4" heel, just 1 cm thin but about 5 cm wide), but then I'd wear them also on business occasions and with my wife. That would be really great!

For me no skirts, tops, nail polish or things like that, but like FF said: if you fancy it, go ahead!

Bret

What's all the fuss about?

Flared jeans and 4" heeled close-toe mules (kinda look like cowboy boots, but with open backs & no shaft)...and a nice comfy loose shirt....yeah...perfect for summer.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

What would I wear in the perfect, free fashion world? Probably what I have already: platform oxfords and loafers, platform ankle boots, shoes and boots with wedge heels, and the like. I'd probably wear my higher heels more often and for casual wear instead of just for social stuff.

Hello there.

I've been wearing heels for a long time. Mostly 2-3" in different styles, but lately I've bought some really nice thigh high boots with STILETTO HEELS. It took me some time to dare to wear them in public. I started with long pants that hide all of the heels. The only thing revealing the heels were the sound of the hard heels against the pavement. After a while I shortened the pants the show more and more and today I wear them like THIS.

Posted Image

I do get some attention but that is just a really turn on for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thighhighs on 2002-04-08 21:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thighhighs on 2002-05-14 09:20 ]</font>

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• 1 month later...

Definitely would have to be stiletto pumps for me. Would wear some sort of strappy sandals too, and probably wedge mules ( my wife has a pair of wedge mules which I have worn for short periods with her permission and they are sooo comfortable)

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

In my ideal world I would weigh about 75lbs less than what I weigh now, in which case I would wear some pants similar to Shakira's (but with lacing in back as well as in front like Sondra Locke wore in the Clint Eastwood movie "The Gauntlet"

Posted ImagePosted Image

possibly a shirt-style bodysuit similar to one sold at http://www.bodysuit.com (would prefer purple or teal, tho) :smile: :smile:

Hi-Heels and Back-Zipper Pants Forever...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-22 09:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azraelle on 2002-05-22 09:50 ]</font>

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to assume in this ideal world that all shoes and clothing are free (or I'm rich) and that all shoes are available in my size. Tomorrow the weather will be warm and sunny so I'd start the day after a pedicure. I'd head off to teh beach wearing 5" cork wedge mules with a baby pink strap, denim hot pants and a baby pink bikini top. Come evening I would have long soak in the bath, put my hair up and take advantage of my tan by slipping into a long, white bias cut dress and a pair of Gina stiletto sandals with the thinnest of toe and ankle straps atop a 5" heel. One can dream... <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dave Lipstick on 2002-06-18 00:56 ]</font>

• 1 month later...

I'd like a more extensive collection of suits [jacket and skirt] I suppose but the fact is that the place i work is way too casual for that sort of thing. I suppose it would be my 3" navy pumps until I got used to wearing heels all the time when I would go for my various 5" heel shoes. Eventually I might wear 6" heels regurally but I have to bear in mind that I am fairly athletic (rugby, softball, cycling) and as such want to stay used to flats.

the truth shall make you fret