Heels and endorphins

Laurieheels

Is that maybe why some of you guys insist on screwing metal under your heels?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Why is it I have heard the body is anywhere from 70% to 95% water? Cannot people agree? And copper bracelets are used for arthritis and seem to work, and it is based on conductivity. However, electric shock doesn't work as well. Low voltage, please :smile:

Well Arno, people I know use the copper and feel better for it. Even if it is a placebo, it has a positive effect, so why not have them? As for nerve transmission, is it not true that chemicals sit in between each neuron or nerve, to block the signal? I am not expernt on the body but I remember learning this in school at some point. In order to fire a nerve sequence and do something, we need to have our brain send the order, and the chemical that blocks transmission is then neutralized for the nerve to fire. After the action is complete, the chemical returns to normal and continues to block signals. Maybe this has been proven wrong in recent years, I do not know. But if it is true, then it explains why a magnetic field cannot trigger action in the nervous system. It would not show the body as not responding, but simply having a blocking method in place. What is to say, then, that other things cannot bypass this? One day science says something is good, the next, bad. One doctor says this is possible, another publishes a paper a month later to say the opposite. If we think something works, we will do it. The brain controls the body, after all, and if we, in our brains, believe in something, it can have a positive effect on the entire body. That is what matters, isn't it? Happy brain functions?

So it's admitted nerves create electric fields, albeit weak ones. Therefore they do have influence outside themslves, and therefore the insulator argument is invalid. Although they may not be strong enough to start signals in other nerves, the influence of electric fields on body cells is not fully understood, and there is thus a possible interaction as I said originally. I'll rest my case there.

1 .....until you see some differences appear between your two specimens 2.....and I am not aware that any of these gadgets have ever had an influence on how our bodies function.

1. Influence in cell behaviour is not necessarily observable by current techniques.

2. Correct; you aren't and current science isn't, but that doesn't mean to say there can't be an influence.

Maybe it's how the brain interprets the singles from the organ that’s being affected? Then the brain tells the organ how to respond?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

the body is basically a very complex piece of bio-machinery that we don't fully understand. to that end, we can never be 100% sure of anything that could affect it. Indeed, today we are finding out about various things that are bad for us, things that your parents and their parents viewed as safe in their time. as medicine and science advances, we will continually aware of new dangers that pose threats to our wellbeing. technology is probably one of the biggest dangers. as we constantly depend upon devices to help improve our lives, we are also degrading them to another extent. sitting in front of your computer typing a reply increases the possibility of harming your eyesight, back and joints by simply reading and then leaning forward to rapidly extend your digits onto the keyboard. everything in life is bad for you, we are all going to meet our demise some day. I'm sorry if this sounds a little morbid, but it's an unfortunate truth of life. if I worried about all the things that could go wrong with my body during day to day, I would probably never get out of bed. medical texts are being rewritten almost daily and until they have discovered everything there is to know about the body and what could damage it, I'm not going to panic over it and I suggest that others do similar.

I am very persistant Arno. I'm afraid even if you state the known limits of Western Science, that does not make you automatically right. The fact remains that when it comes to the human body, scientists commonly dispute the mechanisms even where things are known. And there are many areas where relatively little is known. So, you can throw examples of microwave ovens and cell cultures at me till you are blue in the face. If scientists had all the answers then they would be able to cure all diseases, reverse the aging process etc etc. Quite clearly they don't and can't, and therefore your examples to try to prove extensive scientific knowledge about nervous interactions within the human body do not sway me very much. There are quite clearly large gaps in the knowledge so you are welcome to believe your theories, and I'll go on giving due consideration to mine. You may dismiss alternative medicine as charlatanism, but there have been many cases where western medicine has failed and the so called "doctors" have been glad to recommend homeopathy or some other form of alternative treatment. Out of desperation, perhaps, but that desperation has lead to many cures which science cannot explain. I'm sure you might just explain those as examples where the body gets better itself without treatment, as in your comment. In some cases you could be right, in others, different forcs are at work. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-04-18 01:32 ]</font>