Heels and endorphins

Laurieheels

Forgive my spelling, I'm not a medically inclined. Carolyn mentioned something about muscles that get used to wear stiletto heels. SO I fired up a theory. Because heels make us use more muscles, and we work those muscles in new ways, is it exercise? And if it is exercise, are endorphins released in the brain? Do we receive an adrenaline rush? If are muscles are working out while we walk, then it could be that the muscles create a state of pleasure in the same way exercise might, which explains why people may like higher heels, and why, once the muscles are strengthen up and not working as if it were new exercise, some of us feel the need to go higher. We become addicted to the pleasure chemicals released into our brains. Anyone have any thoughts? And Caroyln, thanks :smile:

Hi Laurie, very interesting theory. It's even plausible and might explain our joy and addictive use of heels. I never exercised so maybe my continuous living in heels compensates that. I'll just have to find a doctor to explain that to my wife.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Thanks Tom. It seems the answer to life, the universe and everything (heelwise) is on Jenny's site if you know where to find it :smile: I remember Arno used to post a lot about this on the other board. Carolyn was talkng about balancing movements made wearing stilettos whereas Arno concentrates on the release of chemicals caused by sole pressure. Like acupuncture, this sole pressure theory seems plausible, and why not? There are many nerve endings in the feet and the hands just as there are many nerve endings in the clitoris, or the glans. Whatever... no wonder some people in the know want to keep the guys away from the heels in case some latent desire should be kindled. Let's face it, there's something in the background here. There's no reason why heels shouldn't be available to both sexes if you are that way inclined.

Why bring up Arno, he has been hiding quite a while now. Okay, pressure points, that makes sense, so maybe there are several factors that create pleasurable feelings in the brain? Whatever it is, I think I will wear my stilettos today and enjoy. I have to work (yes on a Sunday, my once a month curse) and enjoy that sunshine. :smile:

I know one fact that is true about wearing high heels. You burn more calories than wearing flat shoes. Plus side for any one wanting to lose weight or is unable to make it to the gym. :smile:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

OK, I have been thinking about what Laurie and Carolyn said and adding my own experiences to that too. This is what I reckon happens:

Foot reflexology deals with various parts of the feet and how their stimulation activates various parts of the body due to bundles of nerve endings. Here is a map of the feet:

Posted Image

http://triple.spiralwave.co.uk/images/reflexchart.gif

Notice that different toes have most influence on stimulating different parts of the brain.

Now look at this video of Debbie walking in her stilettos:

http://www.fapster.net/debbie/album01?&page=11

Posted ImageYou can see how the top of the heel moves from side to side just slightly with each step. As this occurs, a wave of different pressures moves across the toes. This is illustrated in the animation to the left where the movement is exaggerated for clarity.

Firstly we have an increase of pressure due to the height of the heel, and now we have a variation or pulsing about this higher mean. Everyone knows the human body responds to rhythmic movement during stimulation the best. I don't think I need to give any examples :smile:

Furthermore, when the ankle is shifted off centre, the calf muscles of the experienced stiletto wearer contract in the right places to shift the balance back to the vertical. As a certain contributor to Jenny's forum has previously pointed out, these muscles are connected to the toes by a series of levers and tendons thus inducing further rhythmic contractions and pressures to shift the heel central again. In an experienced wearer, these movements will be small but she'll still make them. Was it this pulsation and muscular energy that Carolyn was referring to?

So the height of the stiletto and it's inherent instability combine to give not only higher pressure, but also waves of stimulation when walking, to the very pressure points which are known to be most associated with the brain. Put simply, the high heeled stiletto is a beautifully designed forefoot/toe stimulator. It gives the height stimulation as well as the additional sensations.

When Laurie said she was going to enjoy her stilettos today, she meant it. (Yes, I do realise there are other aspects to enjoying shoes than just this one which may be peripheral or subconcious for some B) )

So there I rest my case. Next time you are wondering why, think of this explanation...

Believe in your right to wear what you want

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-25 21:12 ]</font>

Ooooooooooooo, :smile: this is good info!!! Considering I reward my wife for wearing heels for me by giving her foot rubs.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Oh yes, I almost forgot; the next time anyone wants to voice their opinion of how this or that heel or height should not be worn by this or that person, my reply would be "Don't be so damn selfish!" You only live once, so enjoy it folks :smile:

Hi Firefox, I always enjoyed mine but your posts give me a better insight of why, thanks, somebody could almost start a thesis on the heel subject by reading all the interesting posts that came up since this board started only a few months ago.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Carolyn mentioned something about muscles that get used to wear stiletto heels. SO I fired up a theory.

..cut cut...

We become addicted to the pleasure chemicals released into our brains.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Any thoughts? This is nothing short of brilliant! And then FFes comments really convinced me: this is the best theory I have heard anyone come up with yet. And Laurie, for not being medically inclined, this is quite an achievement.

Got to use this in next round trying to win over my wife.

Thanks a lot!

Bert

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bert on 2002-03-24 23:02 ]</font>

What's all the fuss about?

Thanks Luc & Bert. I don't claim to be any expert on it but just bring together many different ideas for acceptance or ridicule :smile: I also forgot to mention that increased sole pressure also stimulates the breast pressure points as on the diagram. Again this is a very sensitive sexual area in both males and females, but moreso in females. Only coincidence? Well maybe... but I think not. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-24 23:07 ]</font>

It makes sense to me. Think about it. A male teenager or an adult for the first time puts on a pair of heels. Whooooooooh!!! Sensory overload. First of all the mental picture of doing something forbidden, loaded with excitement, and anticipation. Second after putting the heels on what happens next? They stand up in them. What do they notice first? I don't think there is a correct order so I will name some them. The height of the heel, the instability of stilettos if they are wearing them. The shoe pulls in their rear end, it feels tight, a little firmer. Pelvis trusted out a little bit. They will notice that they are standing more on there toes and balls of their feet. Now because they are putting different kind of pressure on their feet for the first time they are stimulating nerves in ways never been experienced before, henceforth intense pleasure. Of course over time it is not so strong as it was the first time, but the sensations are still there. Now as for women I bet it is almost the same. But because most women walked in her mother's, grandmother’s, friend's, ect, shoes when they were kids, they are not totally aware of these pleasures because they are use to them. Or they probably just feel it's a privileged feeling that could be personal and private among other women, not to be shared among men. I wonder if some of these women who discovered their S/O who are wearing high heels feel that something so special for a women was not entirely just for a women to experience? Obviously not all men and women have the same desires, or pleasure. Or that they have any of those feelings at all from wearing high heels. But for what ever causes the pleasure has to come for some form of stimulation, for some it can become addictive. Hehe...I know more things now to get get my wife turned on!!! :smile: <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-03-25 01:04 ]</font>

Maybe I am being to open. However, sharing is sharing, and community needs that. Fox, that explains something I noticed a few times over the past two weeks, while trying to fall asleep. Maybe I will not elaborate, except to say, some things seem more interesting and sensitive. More pressure on the middle area of the balls of the feet. Good work, Fox.

Quote"....or an adult for the first time puts on a pair of heels. Whooooooooh!!! Sensory overload...." Everyone is wired up in roughly the same way, but the degree of stimulation is going to vary from person to person. I can't imagine many people would feel as described above. I reckon the majority might even get something subconcious that they can hardly put their fingers on to desribe, or it's even not strong enough to recognise. Others will get a pleasant feeling, others some type of mild sexual stimulation. You may have seen a girl sitting down working the ankle from side to side to put pressure alternately on the big toe and then the little ones. Why does she need to do that as she is sitting? Maybe some would say it's something to do with circulation. Maybe if you asked her she would either say she didn't realise she was doing it or that it felt "relaxing". It's also true that if you gave her the explanations above she would likely deny anything to do with it. That could be because it's not strong enough for her to recognise outright or she doesn't want to admit it. Many women do not like admitting in "public" that they are sexual beings, because it is somehow dirty or unladylike to talk about such things. However, they are sexual beings, whether they admit or not. I hope people will realise, in the spirit of this board, that noone is seeking some cheap sexual thrill by examining these explanations in more detail. I'm personally more interested in some semi-serious research on it. Kudos to Laurie and others or sharing some of their feelings with us. _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-25 14:48 ]</font> <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-26 01:55 ]</font>

Hehe... It's all in good fun. :smile: Well most of the time.. B) Any way my wife likes the foot massages I give her. She evens buys the foot care products and deliberately points them out to me. So what dose that tells yah? Knowing the correct areas on the foot to stimulate will make me even more of a god!!! (Choke...Yeah right!! :roll:) Quote "I hope people will realise, in the spirit of this board, that noone is seeking some cheap sexual thrill by examining these explanations in more detail. I'm personally more interested in some semi-serious research on it." I think the set up of this board shows it's self that it's not some cheap sex thrill. Also this board is so diverse in subjects, it may be breaking new grounds that many people may be uncomfortable with. Would it be fair to ask those who are offended to be a bit more understanding and tolerant? Any way back to the main subject on this thread. I'm interested as well in what others have to say, on the lighter side of it of course. B) ________ Hello, my name is Hoverfly. I am a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!!! <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-03-25 19:31 ]</font>

Firefox: You ought to get that very informative post of yours published! That's the most impressive, illustrative post I've ever seen on any forum anywhere! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Hey, thanks Charlie. I was making it up as I went along but I did need Laurie and Carolyn to get me thinking. Now I've read it again it does seem to make sense and I've got a couple of further thoughts. 1. Many people have stated their aversion to platforms. OK we know that is mainly a style thing with regard to clumpiness as opposed to an elegant court shoe, but could there be something else in the background here? A platform does not allow the same sensitisation of contact with the sole on the ground. The depth of the platform acts to spread the pressure on a greater area. Thus the shoes may be as enjoyable to wear as the degree of livelyness and movement felt through the sole of the sole of a traditional stiletto pump is not present. 2. It's well known that many women give up wearing heels in their late 30's or 40's. Their bodies are getting less flexible sure, but could it be that the fun they get from their shoes, concious or subconcious can also disappear as their drive decreases somewhat at this time of life. There are many reasons for wearing heels - style, height increase, feel good factor, confidence etc. It only takes one of these to lessen to make the effort not worth it so much anymore.

Mmmmmmmmmh..... Processing, processing... :smile: You know, I noticed something I never noticed before until we started taking about this. I noticed when I put a pair of heels on and walked around a bit, I feel calm and relaxed. Even when I am all ready relaxed, it feels different. But If I put a pair of heels on sitting down and don't walk around a bit first, I don't feel that way. If I can get my wife to read this thread, I would like to know what she has to say. We have stilettos, we got plats, we might do some experimenting. Maybe we don't have to use high heels? I wonder if simulating some of the actions just by doing foot rubs on my wife would have the same effect? Processing...processing B)

I think that with the extreme fetish platforms, (ie > than 3" sole with 7"+ heels) the stimulation is intended to be mostly visual. I know that with my personal boots, I like the feeling of the large angle between the ball of my feet and the heels of my feet. This feeling is pretty much the same with platforms so long as the platform sole isn't ridiculously thick. What I don't like about the men's platform shoes/boots is that the sole and heel height are designed such that they feel like flats. They must think men can't walk in any kind of real heels. Boy they're wrong! Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Men's platforms are designed to pay lipservice to those guys who want height increase while cunningly and conspiratorily denying them any endorphin manufacture potential in their footware. The whole heel-gender thing is an elaborate plot to brainwash people to think along narrow lines and sadly a plot that few have had the courage to circumvent.

Now Arno, you know we have fun, our little bouts make for interesting times! I am not disturbed at all, unless you mean in terms of mental conditions, then there might be something. :smile: I just wish you would register and post as someone other than Anonymous. And dial a psychics are far less credible than reflexology. Haven't you ever heard the song, it goes like this... The toe bone's connected to the, foot bone, the foot bone's connected to the, ankle bone... Miss Cleo is just a lie, but at least our feet are connected to the rest of us, so I would think the dial a psychic is less credible, not more credible. B)

Yes, reflexology has it's detractors, but on the other hand, (or foot!), bundles of nerves that run close to major organs have close connections to those that end in the foot. I wonder if the endorphin release thing as a response to pain or pressure is followed further means that the same effect works for the hands or other parts of the body and is that the basis of masochistic pleasure. I'm sure Arno might have some theories. (I wouldn't bother asking him to register or indeed to even post in paragraphs... but we like you all the same Arno :smile: )

On 2002-04-06 20:23, Anonymous wrote:

Laurie, your logic is right on. Buit still, what is the difference between a zero and a zero with its rim knocked off?

Thank you. And the difference is all about personal choice of style :smile: Whether you need it written out or it can be left blank may imply the same thing, but what one chooses for expressing it syas a lot.

Yes but nerves, like cables, generate eletric fields do they not? So do major organs like the brain and the heart. That is the basis of EEG and MRI scans. Electric fields can interact and therefore nerves passing close to major organs DO have an influence. Some holistic/alternative medicine is based on cause and effect. We don't have to understand exactly how it works in order to acknowledge it does work.

I have to agree with Firefox. I doubt that the nervous system is completely shielded. We would not be able to just put transceivers (I think it called that) on the head to read the brains activities externally. So I bet there is electrical emissions that can be strong enough when there are clusters of them to affect the organs . Also the body is 95% water, water as we know conducts electricity. Hmmmmmmmmmm..