I bought Christian Louboutins!!!

AlexC94

I have had a really awful week mentally however, after waiting patiently for them to come onto my lap, I sprung at the chance to buy a pair of Christian Louboutin Pontipik boots that were only less than a third of what they would regularly sell for at £800 for the RRP. And what's better, they're already rubber soled so I don't need to take them to a cobbler 😊😁😊😁😊😁😊

Screenshot_20230825-002007_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexC94 said:

I have had a really awful week mentally however, after waiting patiently for them to come onto my lap, I sprung at the chance to buy a pair of Christian Louboutin Pontipik boots that were only less than a third of what they would regularly sell for at £800 for the RRP. And what's better, they're already rubber soled so I don't need to take them to a cobbler 😊😁😊😁😊😁😊

Screenshot_20230825-002007_eBay.jpg

Great looking but 800 lbs is still way too much.

Personally I prefer the leather soles and how they wear.

I have one very old pair, soles are smooth as a babies backside, uppers super worn in. So the rubber soles are unnecessary as the uppers will wear out faster anyway.Β 

These better be public wear heels or it's a shame.Β 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Great looking but 800 lbs is still way too much.

Personally I prefer the leather soles and how they wear.

I have one very old pair, soles are smooth as a babies backside, uppers super worn in. So the rubber soles are unnecessary as the uppers will wear out faster anyway.Β 

These better be public wear heels or it's a shame.Β 

They're rubber soles on the outside, and I meant to say they have only cost me around Β£280 rather than Β£800. I will be taking these shoes out for public walks often, so I'm very excited to have them!

• Like 1

@AlexC94,What was the size conversion on this particular model? I am US 9/UK 7, and I find that EU 40 is generally correct for me, and NOT EU 39, as many charts would suggest. I ran across a guy (don't remember where) who seemed to suggest that in CL, I would be 41, which seems crazy to me, but that's what he said. I'm looking for another perspective.

@Jkrenzer, I am afraid that leather vs. some other material for the sole is a subject upon which we part ways. I used to be a leather sole man, back when I wore "men's" dress shoes and cowboy boots. I wore through a few soles (and had them replaced), but it took quite a little while. When I switched to so-called women's styles, I figured that leather was better, and it may be, but not for me personally. On women's shoes, those thin little pieces of hide that they call soles not only wear out quickly, but are easily ruined by inclement weather. I will admit that rubber soles are no good for dancing or beauty pageant turns. I'll take that compromise.

I do most of my walking on concrete, that may make a huge difference.

Edited by mlroseplant

Still another perspective - the leather soles on my (high heeled) boots are not at all thin or flimsy. Admittedly my boots are custom made and the workmanship as well as the materials are very high quality. I won’t be wearing them out any time soon. I do have a couple of pair of non-heeled leather knee boots with Vibram soles but those are for rugged terrain.Β 

48 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

@AlexC94,What was the size conversion on this particular model? I am US 9/UK 7, and I find that EU 40 is generally correct for me, and NOT EU 39, as many charts would suggest. I ran across a guy (don't remember where) who seemed to suggest that in CL, I would be 41, which seems crazy to me, but that's what he said. I'm looking for another perspective.

@Jkrenzer, I am afraid that leather vs. some other material for the sole is a subject upon which we part ways. I used to be a leather sole man, back when I wore "men's" dress shoes and cowboy boots. I wore through a few soles (and had them replaced), but it took quite a little while. When I switched to so-called women's styles, I figured that leather was better, and it may be, but not for me personally. On women's shoes, those thin little pieces of hide that they call soles not only wear out quickly, but are easily ruined by inclement weather. I will admit that rubber soles are no good for dancing or beauty pageant turns. I'll take that compromise.

I do most of my walking on concrete, that may make a huge difference.

These CL boots are UK7.5 EU40.5, and as far as I looked into it it's recommended that you go half a size up so in theory these could be a perfect fit for me 😲

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

These CL boots are UK7.5 EU40.5, and as far as I looked into it it's recommended that you go half a size up so in theory these could be a perfect fit for me 😲

Evidently, you are the same size as me, and we are looking for a drummer. Too bad you live so far away.

• Thanks 1

"Super comfy" and "Christian Louboutin" are not word groups that are often used in the same sentence. I'm glad that you got lucky with yours! I have no idea if, given the opportunity, I will drop the cash on Louboutins someday. If I do, I now know to get at least a size 40, if not 40.5. My house will be paid off a year from now! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Good point - Christian Louboutin has famously remarked that his shoes (and presumably boots as well!) were not about comfort. I suppose it’s a matter of expectations.

In thinking over the prices, where are Louboutins made?Β 

Nice shoes. Show em off to the girls if you are so inclined. I bet 100% they drool from the mouth when they find out they're Loubs. I could've had a lot of fun with Loubs. Unfortunately, they don't fit me.

Count yourself fortunate they fit you :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feminine Style .Β  Masculine Soul.Β  Skin In The Game.

• 1 month later...