Need some help

Fenster

Hello everyone. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster, and high heel worshipper, and thankfully, my girlfriend is as well!

More on introducing myself somewhere else and onto the subject. We're trying to find some really sexy heels for her to wear with the dress below. Looking for something that is:

1) High heeled

2) Sandal (open toed. that's pretty much all we like)

3) Slight platform, no higher than 1.5 inches. Preferrably 1 inch.

4) Mule

5) Very strappy

Not looking for something "over the top" like lace up or anything like that. Just something very striking but won't take too much focus away from the dress:

http://us.st7.yimg.com/store5.yimg.com/I/wickedtemptations_1785_41019428

We have not yet purchased the dress because we must find the right shoes, so please help us! hehe We've looked at 10's if not 100's of web sites, but I'm hoping that we might have missed one or two somewhere.

How can it be both a sandal and a mule? A sandal usually has straps while a mule has a wider solid open part to hold the foot on. Unless you are happy with a wider band for the toes/vamp and straps for the heel area ? Just to clarify, you understand :D

Well, so far here are two up for consideration. One doesn't have enough straps, and the other has too high of a platform and a heel strap. One of them might suffice, but at least they will give a general idea of what we're looking for :D.

Not quite strappy enough:

Posted Image

Too much platform:

Posted Image

It shouldn't be too difficult to find something suitable surely - for my preference Bananashoes or Leatherworks seem to have a wide variety of styles. It's purely personal, but I think platforms, even shallow ones, would spoil the line of that very sleek dress - and what an enviable figure she must have to be able to wear it!

It's not as easy as you make out. I've had a good look and Fenster is quite specific in his requirements. Leatherworks seems to vary from no platform to 2" platforms, neither of which fit the spec. So far I haven't seen anything which matches exactly.

FireFox, those are almost perfect! Well, aside from being $210 :D.

I found this other site where you can get custom made ones for $125, so I may end up going with that. Thanks for the suggestion though; it does add another possibility.

The only thing is of course the platform. My girlfriend is 5'4" and I'm 6'4", so she likes to try and get into my general altitude when possible. hehe

She just IMed me a new possibility. Not exactly what we're looking for, but they just might work! Plus they're inexpensive! woohoo!

Posted Image

Thanks Fenster.

This Charles David pair might also fit the bill:

Posted Image

Posted Image

They offer a 5" heel to give her extra height, although they say it's only 4 on the website, they often get that wrong.

She would have to see if they were wearable without the ankle strap done up. If so, then that could be cut off to leave a single top strap, otherwsise Zappos offer a good returns policy. They are also expensive though. I will see if I can find a better value model.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing but NOTHING looks more elegant than a plain pair of 5" or 5.5" Pointed-toe Stilettos. . . It will not take away from your dress, I promise! Accessories? Jet-black, seamed stockings with cuban heels, garters, a satinny bra, long 'shoulder duster' earrings with rhinestone nacklace & bracelet, evening make-up, elegant hair . . . perhaps some body glitter? namaste', Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

OP! I almost forgot! Perfume (Poison, Hollywood or Romeo DiGigli work well and the guys LOVE it!) Long fingernails . . . french tips. Namaste', Abita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.