Anyone else here have a thing for jelly sandals?

WedgesAreFun

I just absolutely adore jelly sandals, especially the JuJu jelly, block heels.

When I was a kid I really wanted to wear jelly sandals, many other kids my age were enjoying them and I could not stop thinking about how amazing they would feel on my feet. At those younger ages boys can wear jelly sandals so it would have been totally normal for me to be able to wear them. I often asked my mum to get me some but she would refuse saying how they will give my feet blisters. Now that I am a man in his thirties I cannot enjoy them out in public because jellies aren't socially acceptable for men sadly. Only children and adult women can enjoy jellies. The window of opportunity closed when I got into my teens  to enjoy them outdoors and I resent that my mother would not let me have that experience while I was at an age where it was socially acceptable to wear them.

These days I just enjoy them in the privacy of my own home.

I noticed a few years ago jellies came back into fashion big time with JuJu (the original jelly shoes company) setting a trend for those low block heel jelly sandals and I saw so many women enjoying them and I was so envious that I just had to get some for at home enjoyment. Since then I have bought many pairs in different colours, they are just so much fun.

Some awesome pictures of jellies

NINA Jelly Sandals by JuJu (41 MYR) liked on Polyvore featuring shoes ...

Juju Footwear Babe Jelly Two-Tone Heeled Sandal - Urban Outfitters ...

Don't these pink top ones just look totally awesome?

JuJu Women's Babe Heeled Jelly Sandals - Rose/White | Jelly sandals ...

Things I really love about jellies is how the material feels on my bare feet, the creeky sounds of the jelly material as I wriggle my feet inside of them, their amazing colour choices. What is not to love about them?

Today I noticed that Primark has some new jellies that were on the mannequins in the display window, sadly they don't have a heel and I could not go into the store to look at them more closely, but the mannequin looked like an adult woman though sadly when I checked on the Primark website they are only listed in junior shoe sizes. Such a shame as they look super cute and I would love to add a pair to my shoe collection.

1087715273_Screenshot2023-05-12at23_26.40(2).thumb.jpg.1a12fb5d69cf7fd1a39ba5aafe29f694.jpg

Any other fans of jellies here? Anyone ever find any more exotic takes on this particularly iconic shoe?

Show your jellies here if you have them!

Not really my kind of styling either tbh. I do have a lot of time for people who are really interested/invested in one particular thing though, even more so if it is quite niche and a bit different to the norm! It fascinates me haha.
Life would be boring if we all liked the same vanilla thing. I mean if was totally normal for all guys to be wearing heels some of us would probably want to be wearing flats 😂 … maybe that’s a bit too far but you get my point! So keep wearing those jellies @WedgesAreFun 

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of worse things in this world than jellies. They are certainly not for me, as my feet started sweating just looking at the image of them. However, I can't really explain why I find some things attractive either, so I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut. Along those lines, I have been looking for a pair of what I call Douyin Girl shoes, which are sandals with a lucite block heel, and usually a clear PVC upper strap. However, I've had no luck at finding just the right combination of heel shape and upper, and even if I did, I am sure that my feet would not like them.

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

They are certainly not for me, as my feet started sweating just looking at the image of them.

Haha I find if you are freshly washed and you wear some light socks with them then they don't make your feet sweat at all, though if the climate is just right I can enjoy the heck out of them without socks and not really sweat (much) in them and really enjoy the sensation of the material on bare skin. I have a thing for rubber / latex / PVC etc anyway.

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

sandals with a lucite block heel, and usually a clear PVC upper strap. However, I've had no luck at finding just the right combination of heel shape and upper, and even if I did, I am sure that my feet would not like them.

Nice! Shoes with a PVC upper strap sound right up my alley.

One of the things I really love about womens shoes is the sensory aspect of the different materials wrapping my feet that you just cannot get in mens shoes except for maybe leather but in most cases mens shoes with leather souls are not intended to be worn without socks. Even then most mens shoes do not have leather materials on the inside (that are not the soul of the shoe). So for that reason I love womens shoes that I can wear bare foot with various inner materials, leather, latex, rubber, PVC, vinyl and various other plastic like / second-skin like materials.

Haven't seen or worn anything like that since I was a kid in the 70's on holidays. Which is to me what it represents. It's interesting to see that everybody can and does find their own niche in this thing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 5150PLB1 said:

Cheap and easy to wash for the off brands. The kind of shoes that a county jail would use for its inmates. 

LOL no way a jail would use shoes as nice as these. They always have bland looking slides made of the worst quality plastic, no high quality material, no fancy straps and definitely no vibrant colours or block heel haha.

6 minutes ago, ohnoberty said:

🤣, thank you.

You remember that we cannot unsee this. We are scarred for life, i'm going to go and lie down.

Not me, I'd enjoy the heck out of those hahahaha

On 5/15/2023 at 8:04 AM, WedgesAreFun said:

Not me, I'd enjoy the heck out of those hahahaha

I sort of get it, but I must know, where on earth would you enjoy any of these? With what outfit would you ever wear them? And to what venue, other than possibly some sort of cosplay event?

On 5/19/2023 at 10:25 AM, mlroseplant said:

I sort of get it, but I must know, where on earth would you enjoy any of these? With what outfit would you ever wear them? And to what venue, other than possibly some sort of cosplay event?

Well for me personally I never cross dress in public, so it is irrelevant to me how to best pair them, I just enjoy them in the privacy of my home.

However I seen women wear these out all the time pairing them with skinny jeans or hot pants or even a dress or skirt. Here are some examples I found on image search of how other women are pairing them:

Görüntünün olası içeriği: 1 kişi | Juju jellies, Topshop, Fashion

How to wear JuJu jelly shoes inspiration #JellyShoesOutfit # ...

Juju Jelly Sandals, Diy Floral Crown | Jelly shoes outfit, Fashion ...

Bank Juju Jelly Shoes, New Look Peach Skater Skirt, Charity Shop Lace ...

Giovanna Osterman - Juju Jellies Shoes - 3.7.16 | Jelly shoes fashion ...

jelly sandals outfit - Google Search

Giovanna Osterman - Zara Dress, Juju Jellies Shoes - In the Pits ...

Pin on fashion inspiration

These are just a few examples I found that show it is a really versatile shoe that fits with many outfits and colour schemes for all kinds of occasions. It can be your casual "just going shopping" type shoe or something for going out for a casual meal / going down the pub, a BBQ party at a friends / family place. Just hanging with friends in a public place. It's very versatile because it just pairs with so many outfits so well and it works so well in many different settings.

A bug in the forum software for some reason stretches those images out horizontally, but if you click them then they open up in an overlay and there they look normal.

I was more referring to the above picture that has the crocs with the nails sticking out the bottom, but since you brought it up, yeah, some of those pictures look ok. It kind of brings to mind the expression "She'd look great in a flour sack," but ok.

What a pity you can't enjoy your footwear of choice wherever you feel like it. Most of us have been in that place to one degree or other at some point. It even crosses my mind every now and then that I don't have the mental energy to wear heels in every situation.

I am sure it is only a matter of time before somebody makes a comment that, in additional to being awful, those jellies are not high heels at all.. While this is true, it does not materially change the content or context of the discussion.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I was more referring to the above picture that has the crocs with the nails sticking out the bottom, but since you brought it up, yeah, some of those pictures look ok. It kind of brings to mind the expression "She'd look great in a flour sack," but ok.

I think those ladies look great in those shoes, it's a cute look.

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I am sure it is only a matter of time before somebody makes a comment that, in additional to being awful, those jellies are not high heels at all.. While this is true, it does not materially change the content or context of the discussion.

They are considered low block heels IIRC.