I'm curious how long do you last your heels?

jim102

Hello again. I own a naturalizer black leather michelle pumps since 5 years now and they are in very great condition leather but I have recently bought a  discountinued model like adriel viola in black matte to make change!

I can notice the one i have is still in fashion selling. The fact is I had bought a larger model which had been larger than my own size but with time it become smaller so I had made it enlarge and it was better to walk in them at grocery without or with cushion.

Why I have chosen another clark model? Where I work there is a woman wearing it but in patent version and I loved the click sound! I have a 9 regular size so in patent version it would be a 9,5 either 25,5 cm because patent at long tends to be smaller.  I had seen that when I had worn brier dolly black patent 8,5M. 

So I will test my adriel viola matte and get rid of naturalizer that brand is no more interesting for comfort! You can notice it when you wear your heels for more than two hours at home or you go out. 

Anyway it was a pleasure to discuss with you all again.

https://imgur.com/a/amNOKx1

https://imgur.com/VOtrwNG

Edited by jim102
  • Like 1

Hello Jim, my oldest pair of heels is a little over 10 years old, they still look pretty good, and I still wear them (at least in the winter). Someday, I shall have to do a feature on them. Even if I did not have many other shoes to choose from, I would not think of getting rid of them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 12:44 AM, jim102 said:

Hello again. I own a naturalizer black leather michelle pumps since 5 years now and they are in very great condition leather but I have recently bought a  discountinued model like adriel viola in black matte to make change!

I can notice the one i have is still in fashion selling. The fact is I had bought a larger model which had been larger than my own size but with time it become smaller so I had made it enlarge and it was better to walk in them at grocery without or with cushion.

Why I have chosen another clark model? Where I work there is a woman wearing it but in patent version and I loved the click sound! I have a 9 regular size so in patent version it would be a 9,5 either 25,5 cm because patent at long tends to be smaller.  I had seen that when I had worn brier dolly black patent 8,5M. 

So I will test my adriel viola matte and get rid of naturalizer that brand is no more interesting for comfort! You can notice it when you wear your heels for more than two hours at home or you go out. 

Anyway it was a pleasure to discuss with you all again.

https://imgur.com/a/amNOKx1

https://imgur.com/VOtrwNG

I love Naturalizer's shoes!

One of the few companies who make lots of wide-width pairs !

Hope you are rocking your latest heels !

As for your question, my brown aldo stilleto boots are still good but getting used. Had them I think since 2011 or something. The same about my little black wedge boots from aldo. Leather still good but the inside sole is barely holding.

I've worn them a lot but never the brown boots outside; my wedge boots were one of the first pair I ever wore outside, on several occasions.

• Like 1

Naturalizer and Söfft cater basically to the same market, and I have sort of gone with the latter brand for all of my lower-heeled needs. I used to believe that there was something extra durable about Söfft, probably because my very first pair of Söfft sandals still had the original heels on them when I finally had to trash them, after over 100 miles of use. Since then, I have acquired numerous other Söfft products, and they're not necessarily bulletproof, especially when they get to be about 10 years old before they're worn for the first time. However, they are reasonably durable and I've never had a Söfft product bite me back--they are very comfortable for extended periods. I assume Naturalizer is similar.

I have various pairs at various ages. One of my longer older (and favourite) pair of boots by Kurt Geiger are good quality materials (generally). Unfortunately there are secions of the inner that are not as high quality (cheaper) and it's those which are degrading. So after waering for a couple of hours small bits come off. This doesn't affect the outer leather or appearance so it's more of an annoyance than a major issue. Because of the age though there is little chance I would ever be able to replace them. Should have bought two of everything at the start.

I have some quite nice custom made boots by Jean Gaborit that have lasted for years already and still look great. They can be re-soled as well so I will be  enjoying them for many years to come.

• Like 1