First time public heeling

I finally plucked up the courage to go out in public in heels. I wore a pair of black patent Mary Jane's with 3 inch block heels to walk to my local convenience store. There were maybe 2 or 3 other customers there, I just grabbed what I needed, paid and left. I don't know if nobody noticed but no-one said or did anything. I was amazed how easy it was.

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum! It’s a very friendly and supportive place. As for your outing, well done!

Most people don’t notice that much about what other people are wearing - sometimes I think you could practically wear a deep sea diving suit to the shops and half the people there wouldn’t notice. So much of this is in our own minds.

• Like 2

That’s awesome! Although I’m yet to brave a public outing myself, the overwhelming theme I seem to read here over and over again is that nobody seems to care what you’re wearing on your feet and that we build it up in our own minds! Well done to you, hopefully I can be as brave as you in the future 😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roundy said:

That’s awesome! Although I’m yet to brave a public outing myself, the overwhelming theme I seem to read here over and over again is that nobody seems to care what you’re wearing on your feet and that we build it up in our own minds! Well done to you, hopefully I can be as brave as you in the future 😁

Some are more obvious than others. Thigh high and knee high will be noticed. So get great ones.

The first time is always the hardest.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Great job shystar!  Didn't it feel great, so liberating.  We all think the rest of the world is focused on us and our footwear, but this isn't the case for the most part.  Sure, people are going to notice, but most won't say anything.  Like Cali says, the taller the heels/boot shafts, the more likely folks are going to notice.  But again, most won't say anything, way too busy getting where they are going.  Just be careful about your public heel choices.  Avoid venturing out in any heels that you can not handle with confidence.  Stumbling, or clomping around will draw attention your way.  

Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures.  D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A while ago, I went to my local department store wearing heels and pantihose.  I needed to buy a more hose.  I picked up what I wanted and proceeded to the cashier.  As I approached, she asked if I found my size and color.  I asked, how did you know they were for me?  She said I can see that you are wearing nylons.  I asked how do you like my heels?  "OMG, I did not notice you were wearing heels." I was wearing 5" Jessica Simpson in beige.

She notice my stockings because she worked in that department but never noticed my heels.  

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

The more normal and natural you look the less attention you’ll attract.  That’s not to say that nobody will notice that you’re wearing heels because they will. But more than likely they will just take a passing glance with out any visible reaction.  That has been my experience.

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The other day I went to see a play. I was wearing some colourful trousers with 3" heel black ankle boots with slim block heels. Nobody seemed to notice except for one women who generously complimented me on my heels. She said they were cuban, which they weren't. I thanked her.

• Like 1