An update and knowledgeable heelers help needed

roundy

Hi everybody

I’ve been a long time lurker of this forum a few years after I first discovered my obsession for heels. 

So I imagine a lot of us remember the early days of wearing someone else’s (my mothers in this case) shoes and then the heartbreak when your feet finally get too big for them. I was very lucky and had approximately 50 pairs of shoes and boots to enjoy for a couple of years. Without going too off topic there were a pair of red leather t-bar heels that I just adored. After that phase was over my feet grew so quickly (12uk/46eu) there was no chance of me obtaining any in a high street store, which would’ve been my only option at the time. A few years ago I took the plunge and ordered my first pair of pleasers and it all came flooding back to me! I’ve since got collected 8 pairs, a mixture from pleaser, asos and long tall sally. Maybe I’ll do a little shoe collection post soon 🤔. I’m so glad that there are even just a select few women’s retailers selling for us with larger feet these days. 

Now I’ve finished waffling my actual question is this. I’m wanting to treat myself and looking to find some ‘designer’ heels in my size (12uk/46eu). I know this is a tall order but I’m willing to even scour 2nd hand sites, vinted, eBay etc. if anyone knew whether there were some manufactured in my size. I would just like a pair that make me feel extra special and are high quality, something I can cherish. Ideally looking for a court shoe in leather or patent. I did consider some vocosi’s for that Christian Louboutin look but it’s just not the same. I’m not after any brand in particular but if someone could point me in the direction that would be most appreciated. Thanks for reading this 😁

• Like 2

I would recommend going to Alliexpress and looking at the Hey Si Mey line. They are Chinese but are actually good quality and run very large sizes. They're unique in Chinese heels actually are scaled to the shoe size. Colors are limited, surprisingly for Chinese heels.

• Like 2

roundy : Onlymaker has high heel shoes to size 20 us. A size chart will give you the size exchange to EUR.  Also, If money is no problem get in touch with Estremodes.com for custom made high heel shoes. These are a pair from DSCF5178.thumb.JPG.9923d00eaeb1c3a2c34a92eb117bc34e.JPG   there. Mike

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Italianheels.com can make shoes up to EU 46. Jimmy Choo sometimes has ‘mens’ sizes.

Awesome, I’ll check out Italianheels and have a browse for Jimmy choo’s. Think I struck out last time I looked for JC’s though, nothing bigger than a 43 iirc

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I can second the recommendation for Italian Heels. A very wide range of styles in shoes and boots, and good quality. 

Ooh this is sounding positive then! If you don’t mind me asking, how long has it been since you ordered from them and what kind of lead time was there?

6 hours ago, spikesmike said:

roundy : Onlymaker has high heel shoes to size 20 us. A size chart will give you the size exchange to EUR.  Also, If money is no problem get in touch with Estremodes.com for custom made high heel shoes. These are a pair from DSCF5178.thumb.JPG.9923d00eaeb1c3a2c34a92eb117bc34e.JPG   there. Mike

Ah I didn’t realise that onlymakers went up so big. I have tried some 15us on as they were the biggest on Amazon at the time but they seemed to run small and didn’t fit 😔 

Oh and as gorgeous as those boots are Mike unfortunately I can’t open that website

Edited by roundy

It’s been a couple of years. I’ve two pairs of their “Tina” stiletto knee boots - one chocolate brown with 12cm heels and ine black with 10cm heels. The lead time us said to be four weeks but both of my orders came in less time than that.

They have a wide range of styles and also a wide range if colour choices for each style. They also scale the heel height to the size so everything stays in proportion throughout the size range. In other words, if the shoe ir boot us listed as a12cm heel, that height is based in a size 36 or 38 (I forget which) and then scaled up or down from there. Your size would have a higher heel, although sold as a 12 cm. They provide a chart so you can see the precise heel height for each size.

They are very good, well made, and respond fairly quickly to emails.

if you’re into tall boots, as I am, and are willing to spend big to go custom, Jean Gaborit in .France are a fully custom bootmaker and make wonderful boots. I have a couple pair. The workmanship and leather is unbelievably nice and the fit is perfect - they take about 15 measurements. Highly recommended if you really want to push the boat out. They don’t do shoes, just tall boots - knee, OTK and thigh boots.

• Like 2

Thanks Shyheels. Good to know they’re high quality and interesting to hear about the scaling of the heel height. They have a lovely collection and seriously considering ordering a pair from them when I get back home! Especially hearing such a positive review! 

Those Jean Gaborit boots look very nice too btw. If I start getting the urge for some thigh highs I know what to be saving up for 😁

• Like 2

Italian Heels are great. well made and nice leather.

The quality of the leather with the Jean Gaborit boots though is amazing - buttery soft yet quite substantial. They are well worth the investment and will last many, many years

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roundy said:

Awesome, I’ll check out Italianheels and have a browse for Jimmy choo’s. Think I struck out last time I looked for JC’s though, nothing bigger than a 43 iirc

Ooh this is sounding positive then! If you don’t mind me asking, how long has it been since you ordered from them and what kind of lead time was there?

Ah I didn’t realise that onlymakers went up so big. I have tried some 15us on as they were the biggest on Amazon at the time but they seemed to run small and didn’t fit 😔 

Oh and as gorgeous as those boots are Mike unfortunately I can’t open that website

Might have to wait till June when the corporations cater to LGBTQ groups. 

• Like 1

(formerly known as "JimC")

2 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Might have to wait till June when the corporations cater to LGBTQ groups. 

Just if anyone’s interested I’ve been doing a bit of research on Jimmy Choo’s and they seem to have done collaborations etc in June before but so far they have only gone up to a eu45. I found a page on their website where there are a couple of extended size styles and these also top out at eu45. They do convert on their website as a uk12 but I’d be doubtful about ordering a pair as most eu45’s I’ve tried in the past have been more like a uk10/11.

3 hours ago, roundy said:

Just if anyone’s interested I’ve been doing a bit of research on Jimmy Choo’s and they seem to have done collaborations etc in June before but so far they have only gone up to a eu45. I found a page on their website where there are a couple of extended size styles and these also top out at eu45. They do convert on their website as a uk12 but I’d be doubtful about ordering a pair as most eu45’s I’ve tried in the past have been more like a uk10/11.

Yea, you might be SOL if you are outside the range of sizes they are willing to make for a few token sales. 

(formerly known as "JimC")

2 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Yea, you might be SOL if you are outside the range of sizes they are willing to make for a few token sales. 

Thought this probably would be the case, just wondering if anybody knew if there were any styles that designers might have ran for a couple years etc. But so far Italianheels are looking like my next purchase 😁

I’ve not heard of any. I have similar sized feet and prefer to have fewer pairs but better quality. My heels are either from Italian Heels or Jean Gaborit or the now extinct Shoes of Prey which also did very nice heels in large sizes. Although I’ve not bought anything from them, I believe Fernando Berlin do very good quality boots in large sizes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I’ve not heard of any. I have similar sized feet and prefer to have fewer pairs but better quality. My heels are either from Italian Heels or Jean Gaborit or the now extinct Shoes of Prey which also did very nice heels in large sizes. Although I’ve not bought anything from them, I believe Fernando Berlin do very good quality boots in large sizes.

I’m thinking along exactly the same kind of lines, ‘less’ quantity (we can try) and more quality. 

The only thing putting me off Italian heels a bit is there website seems a little dated but guess I can get in contact with them via email. Really wish shoes of prey was still going.

But another great suggestion for boots there! Thanks

Edited by roundy

20 minutes ago, roundy said:

I’m thinking along exactly the same kind of lines, ‘less’ quantity (we can try) and more quality. 

The only thing putting me off Italian heels a bit is there website seems a little dated but guess I can get in contact with them via email. Really wish shoes of prey was still going.

But another great suggestion for boots there! Thanks

Yes the Italian Heels website is quite dates, but they do respond well to emails and their service is excellent as are their boots and shoes (although I’ve only ever bought boots) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes the Italian Heels website is quite dates, but they do respond well to emails and their service is excellent as are their boots and shoes (although I’ve only ever bought boots) 

I have 2 pair of pumps. Super comfortable but they do show a well worn look quickly. They rapidly conform to your feet and quickly wrinkle and bulge once worn. Personally I love the look of well worn heels but if you're more into shoes looking trim and clean these may disappoint you. They currently run at about $200 before shipping. 

See my heels at work posts. I pictured both pair there.

20230222_070626.jpg

20230222_070641.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Will get in contact with them first I think before I place an order. Hopefully their service will still be as good as it was for you 🤞🏻

4 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I have 2 pair of pumps. Super comfortable but they do show a well worn look quickly. They rapidly conform to your feet and quickly wrinkle and bulge once worn. Personally I love the look of well worn heels but if you're more into shoes looking trim and clean these may disappoint you. They currently run at about $200 before shipping. 

20230222_070626.jpg

20230222_070641.jpg

I do like to take care of my shoes but the well worn look isn’t all that bad either - as long as you have still taken care of them. I must admit the pair in your pictures look quite good showing a bit of use. Wear is just part of the the shoes character I guess haha.

I wouldn’t say the price is extortionate really if they’re handmade/good quality. I am a little envious of people with smaller feet that can pick shoes up very cheaply but I think it’s more for the range of styles they have at their disposal as the quality is not always brilliant. I mean I love my pleasers for instance but I wouldn’t say they’re luxurious in terms of material etc. I’m willing to spend a little extra if I know they’re going to be well made.

Edited by roundy

11 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

20230222_070626.jpg

20230222_070641.jpg

Joe those high heels look well enjoyed but not "beat up". 5" I believe? Very high for all day but I believe that's quite a normal heel height for you for all day wear.