Too Many Shoes?

mlroseplant

I've lost count, although I could go and count them but it's nowhere near 100.  But like other groups i'm in (not heels related), after buying the next one (pair) I always say "no more" and then soon enough do exactly the opposite.

I trust i'm not alone with this broken philosophy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohnoberty said:

I trust i'm not alone with this broken philosophy?

You're not, I believe most of us fall into that category. I've always said, there are way worse things to be addicted to.

One can always put some spin on anything to make it not sound so bad. For example, the value of my shoe collection is a fraction of the value of the cars my family drives. However, the value of my musical instruments and related equipment exceeds the value of our cars by a factor of more than two.

I am currently having an inner debate about whether to purchase another couple pairs of shoes. One pair in particular seems attractive to me for a couple of reasons. They are these orange colored True Religion mules. Those of you who have watched my video know that I already have two pairs in other colors. So why the orange? It just so happens that I used to have an orange pair way back when I was first starting my collection. I don't remember for sure why I rejected them, but I do remember they were incredibly tight and hard for me to walk in. Not only that, they were orange, and when was I ever going to wear orange shoes? Fast forward 10 years, and that model of shoe has become one of my most durable and comfortable, and I'm kind of nostalgic for the orange ones, because, well, now I will wear orange shoes with no hesitation when the occasion is right. The only issue now is the price. Was the price. I just got an offer from the seller substantially reducing the price closer to something I'm willing to pay for something I really could live quite nicely without. I'm thinking the solution is to shoot them an even lower price and see what happens.

I've got the same situation going on with another pair of shoes, which happen to be red. I really like them, but I really don't need them, and I certainly don't need to pay 75 dollars for them. Maybe it's time to offer them about half of that, and see what happens.

TrueReligionOrangeMules.jpg