Chat GPT..aka Open AI...the future

The following audio is completely AI created.

Created at https://beta.elevenlabs.io/speech-synthesis

With the enterprise edition, you can lip sync celebrity voices to to video.

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

All these things make me increasingly wary and distrustful of AI. I do not think this is a good thing.

Yeah...  The "war department" insisted on getting one of those annoying "alexa boxes".  You look up something on your phone, say cat food prices, and suddenly that stupid blabber mouth Alexa box is telling you all about places and prices of cat food without even asking it in the first place.  I have seen the little SOB when it has a circular yellow light spinning around, I advised the "war department":  You do realize that stupid thing is listening to everything we say don't you...

If I had my way I would fill up a bucket of nice hot salt water and throw that stupid thing in the bucket while it was still plugged in!  

Edited by pebblesf
grammar
  • Like 2

I’m with you there!

I’m going to be living off grid later this and am so looking forward to being away from all this stuff. I’ll have internet for work - and to post here! - but otherwise no TV let alone anything like Alexa.

• Like 1

Chat GPT's response to both of you. I gave it the prompt to include a reference to Moore's book. I think it's wise to include a small percentage of one's economic/psychological resources to experimental technology. I don't see it as an "all or nothing" situation, but something that like a successful trade, should include incremental positional allocations over time. 

It's understandable to feel cautious about new technology, especially when it invades our personal space. However, AI has the potential to revolutionize the way we live and work, much like the industrial revolution, phones, TVs, and computers have done before. It's important to remember that these technologies were met with skepticism and fear at first, but ultimately led to economic prosperity and improved quality of life. In Geoffrey Moore's "Zone to Win" strategy, successful companies recognize and embrace new technologies, even if it means disrupting the status quo. As for the concerns about privacy, it's important to be aware of the potential risks and take appropriate precautions, but we shouldn't let fear hold us back from the benefits that AI can offer. Ultimately, AI has the potential to create jobs, improve efficiency, and lead to greater economic prosperity for all.

Edited by kneehighs

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Midjourney V could eventually risk parts of the photography industry that are not supposed to be "news"

This image is entirely AI generated. 

And AI is just beginning. I can definitely see brands using AI to save on production costs (site rentals, photographer + talent + models fees) etc. Sure, someone is going to create a class action suit stating their protected image was modified in the final AI, but that's years away. 

FrYX-dWWIAAhzLL.jpg

I doubt it will be all that long before the lawsuits start on AI modified images. But you’re quite right. It will shake up the magazine and advertising world in a huge way. I have already experienced first hand the effects of slashed budgets and production costs and the pace of change will only accelerate.

• Like 1

I think AI will increase unemployment and increase deflation. Both will force central banks to start Universal Basic Income via Central Bank Digital Currencies. 

Risk assets will skyrocket like there's no tomorrow, leaving the poor to only get poorer sadly 

On 3/18/2023 at 5:26 AM, Shyheels said:

Yes and I think universal basic income will ultimately lead to a form of mass serfdom. 

Yup, one thing we agree on this for sure. If UBI happens

• Like 1

If we don't want to become serfs to a government that gives us just enough to live off then we must do something about it. Butlerian Jihad for the win! You shall not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind. Although I reckon it will be hard to play Fortnight on a human mentat.

10 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I think the tipping point has been reached and some form of mass serfdom will be unavoidable.

So what's new? The world, even in so-called developed countries, has had mass serfdom for years. Some on the right say it's due to government, others on the left blame capitalism, maybe it's baked into the human condition.  Perhaps the difference now is that it's potentially on the way for many white-collar professionals and "creatives".

I think it is becoming more formalised now, more structured and immutable. It’s not a natural part of the human condition though. There was quite a fascinating book published in 2021 by a couple of prominent British academics - an archaeologist and an anthropologist - who’d spent years exploring this theme and make an excellent case that the form IG governance we’ve come to accept as a natural part of being a social animal is anything but natural. 

Mass serfdom, in my limited worldview, will come through Central Bank Digital Currencies.  

1. Control over financial transactions: CBDCs are digital currencies issued and controlled by central banks, which can potentially monitor and regulate individual financial transactions more closely. This could be seen as analogous to how serfs were subject to the control and authority of landowners in the serfdom system.
  2. Privacy concerns: With CBDCs, central banks may have access to detailed information about individual transactions, raising concerns about privacy and financial freedom. In serfdom, serfs also had limited personal freedom and were subject to the landowner's authority.
  3. Potential restrictions: Depending on how CBDCs are designed and implemented, central banks could potentially impose restrictions on certain transactions or access to funds, which might be reminiscent of the constraints serfs faced under serfdom.