Standing Tall

PlatformJay

Maybe we get used tp it over time, but how many here got, or still get, that "suddenly taller" feeling when putting on heels.  And I mean it was a rush, or even a turn on, where you were like "Wow, this is awesome".  I am not a short guy, but still get the rush of standing so much taller in my heels.  It really changes your body dynamics and gives this strange empowerment feeling.  So of course I have gone for some ridiculous heels just for the fun of feeling NBA sized.  The ones pictured are nuts, but have me soaring around the house.  Curious to hear other's thought.

JT 59.jpg

• Like 1

You'd cdertainly feel taller in those - it would be like standing on the Shorter Oxford dictionary. I am fairly tall to begin with - about six feet - and although I certainly notice the added height in heels - I tend to boots with 3-4 inch heels, it's not a big rush, though. I do have a pair of stiletto boots with 5-inch heels and obviously I notice it more when I am wearing them. And I can certainy understand the sense of empowerment women feel in stilettos - in their case it brings hem to eye level (or above) with nearly all the men in the room, but I also think theere is somehing empowering in the stilettos themselves, an aura of glamorous danger and imperiousness that goes beyond merely a boost in height. 

I actually have the opposite reaction. I am on the short side, at 5' 5", and my tallest shoes make me 5' 9". Most of the time, I'm effectively around 5' 8". Not a seemingly big difference. Nevertheless, it took me years to get used to being that height around other people. After 45 years of interacting with people from one perspective, it was very disconcerting to suddenly see the world, quite literally, from a different perspective. I think I've gotten used to it now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PlatformJay said:

Maybe we get used tp it over time, but how many here got, or still get, that "suddenly taller" feeling when putting on heels.  And I mean it was a rush, or even a turn on, where you were like "Wow, this is awesome".  I am not a short guy, but still get the rush of standing so much taller in my heels.  It really changes your body dynamics and gives this strange empowerment feeling.  So of course I have gone for some ridiculous heels just for the fun of feeling NBA sized.  The ones pictured are nuts, but have me soaring around the house.  Curious to hear other's thought.

JT 59.jpg

Wearing heels with those tall heels and platforms. you must be a fan of Steve Madden. A lot of his heels measure up to that standard. I recently bought a pair of his knee boots and a pair of mid-calf boots which added 3" to my height. Now I'm close to 6' tall. Welcome to the site.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 2

At 6ft 3in I am already too tall.  But I love my heels.  So as not to scare the kids, I keep my heels to 3 inches maximum.  Most all of my heels are in the 2 to 2 1/2 inch range.  I don’t need super high shoes anyway, for me just wearing an attractive gals heeled sandal is good enough....  Enjoy your heels, I do!!!  sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 1 month later...

I'm 5'5 or 5'6 or somewhere between, and I must say that I really enjoy the added height.

The perspective, the hability to reach higher things, the longer legs, I guess it's one of the reason I wear heels!

I too, however, feel a little awkward when wearing my heels with my friends. They are not tall guys so when I wear my boots I do become taller than them, which as a small guy is not something i'm used too.

Also, my wife, which is perhaps 5'4-5'5, loves it when I'm much taller than her with my highest heels. And vice versa, I do really enjoy when she wears her ridiculous platforms and towers over me.

• Like 1

One of the troubles for me in wearing gee

s when I am working from home is that a lot of the time I work standing up, using the kitchen counter as a desk. The heels make me that bit too tall to use the counter effectively so I have to rest the laptop on a volume of the Shorter Oxford Dictionary

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/23/2022 at 9:51 PM, PlatformJay said:

2,03m here (or 6ft8 for those imperial) so I already tower everybody in da place, use 9cm heels on a daily basis, 7cm when I'm on the low side. I'm called tall all the time so a bit more doesn´t change anything.

Just wear what you want and feel the power.

• Like 1

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Iikeit has been said here times before, and from my own experience, most people are so wrapped up in their own business that they don’t pay much attention to what’s happening around them.  And, the ones that do notice are usuall in to much of a hurry to take time to show any noticeable reaction .

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

15 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Iikeit has been said here times before, and from my own experience, most people are so wrapped up in their own business that they don’t pay much attention to what’s happening around them.  And, the ones that do notice are usuall in to much of a hurry to take time to show any noticeable reaction .

Just had a colleague at the office today that said "Hey, those are nice shoes" while looking at my chunky heels flashy red boots (I mean *very* bright red) which I replied "I wear them often, first time you see ?" and he assumes that he's always introspected in his life so what others wear on feet is not his focus.

Edited by flavio
typo
  • Like 1

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

Pretty typical - most people really don’t notice much. I wear knee and OTK boots and few people notice. To be sure mine are quite conservative and blend well with my skinny jeans but I reckon I could probably wear candy-coloured patent leather thigh-high stilettos and no more than half the people I’d encounter on a walk to the shops would notice a thing. Bored drivers might, if they were stopped at a light …

• Like 1