Advice on edge of leather pump

bambam

Just Bought a pair of used Stuart Weitzman Nouveau pumps, great deal, and already love them so much I haven't taken them off since yesterday. (Ok, I slept with them next to my bed). Now I know they are all leather, which means I can actually wear these in and take care of them, but the only problem I have right now is that the edge of the vamp cuts into my toes, especially my big toe, and I'm not sure how to soften that edge without ruining the structural integrity of the shoe, which means I'm wary of the shower method. I've already put a couple coats of good leather conditioner on them, inside and out, and now fear that the only real way forward is to wear enough that this problem wears itself out. Any advice, or is the slow and steady (doing dishes in them for a while), the right thing to do?

s-l1600.jpg

Could you put some sort of padding between the top of your foot and the shoe?  Perhaps that will help stretch them out while you wear them, unless you are wearing them in public then it becomes a little more difficult to hide the pad.  

Just now, pebblesf said:

Could you put some sort of padding between the top of your foot and the shoe?  Perhaps that will help stretch them out while you wear them, unless you are wearing them in public then it becomes a little more difficult to hide the pad.  

I have a pair of MJ 5" cowboy boots with the same issue, cuts right into the top of my foot just behind the toes.  

This is the problem I have with pumps, but for me it every tendon. So I stopped even looking at pumps altogether.

I saw a Sales Associate at Macy's doing this, she had some folded tissue paper tuck in just inside the vamp.  A better solution is to use some of the thin foam padding that comes with many new heels and cut it into a shape that coincides with the edge of the vamp.  This should lift the vamp just enough to stop the cutting action. 

I may have to shower with them. The leather is so thin and well formed, that any padding would just make it look weird and poorly formed. Tried the pad idea, and even tried putting in a very thin leather swatch, and it just bulged out from there. 

Or the sock and hair dryer method...

• Like 1